Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

True Sight Potions

Note: Before I start, this isnt a moan or a complaint. I got a few comments from guildies so I just thought I would throw it out to the EL community for feedback ( both good and bad)

On Wandering around various spawns ( being nosey :P ) you see people and I think " Wow isnt he a bit strong for feros" or " Surely he should have moved from Ogres by now" . Then you remember they are more than likely TS'd down.

Now for the Question: Does the ability to TS down cause more of a jam, lack of spawns than there is already ?

IE: (In theory not fact)

Player A is strong enough to train chims but TS's down to Feros because its better xp ( understandable) , so Player B who can train Feros struggles to find a spawn and TS's down for Fluffs, Leaving Player C in the same boat on finding a Fluff spawn so TS's for cycs etc etc etc.. This can start anywhere along the chain ( so not a dig at high levels), I myself used to TS/double TS for ogres instead of moving to Armed Orcs thus freeing up an Ogre spawn for someone else..

Hasnt the ability to TS down become an abused "perk" instead of a bad side effect. Only Ent knows if he intended for it to work like it does ( but I doudt it).

Like a Guildie put it : " The side effect isnt a side effect anymore its the main use of the potion, the main use has become the side effect" ....... " Omg its taken me 10 pots to Ts down , all I got from the other 9 was the stupid ability to see invis ppl ". :D

So:

* Should the side effect of TS potions to changed ? ( eg: instead of -10 a/d .. -10 p/c or -10 will )

* Would changing the side effect force players to train on what there level suggests and thus easing spawn congestion ?

Granted if TS pots were changed certain spawns would need to be tweaked to make them more appealing/worth while to train.

ie: someone said to me (guildies again pfft) " DC spawn time needs to be faster, I would even accept less xp per hit/block aslong as the OA hourly xp rate was better"

Thoughts/comments plz

Note: Before I start, this isnt a moan or a complaint. I got a few comments from guildies so I just thought I would throw it out to the EL community for feedback ( both good and bad)

On Wandering around various spawns ( being nosey :P ) you see people and I think " Wow isnt he a bit strong for feros" or " Surely he should have moved from Ogres by now" . Then you remember they are more than likely TS'd down.

Now for the Question: Does the ability to TS down cause more of a jam, lack of spawns than there is already ?

IE: (In theory not fact)

Player A is strong enough to train chims but TS's down to Feros because its better xp ( understandable) , so Player B who can train Feros struggles to find a spawn and TS's down for Fluffs, Leaving Player C in the same boat on finding a Fluff spawn so TS's for cycs etc etc etc.. This can start anywhere along the chain ( so not a dig at high levels), I myself used to TS/double TS for ogres instead of moving to Armed Orcs thus freeing up an Ogre spawn for someone else..

Hasnt the ability to TS down become an abused "perk" instead of a bad side effect. Only Ent knows if he intended for it to work like it does ( but I doudt it).

Like a Guildie put it : " The side effect isnt a side effect anymore its the main use of the potion, the main use has become the side effect[/i ji]" ....... " Omg its taken me 10 pots to Ts down , all I got from the other 9 was the stupid ability to see invis ppl ". :D

So:

* Should the side effect of TS potions to changed ? ( eg: instead of -10 a/d .. -10 p/c or -10 will )

* Would changing the side effect force players to train on what there level suggests and thus easing spawn congestion ?

Granted if TS pots were changed certain spawns would need to be tweaked to make them more appealing/worth while to train.

ie: someone said to me (guildies again pfft) " DC spawn time needs to be faster, I would even accept less xp per hit/block aslong as the OA hourly xp rate was better"

Thoughts/comments plz

we already discussed many times about ts pots being bad and stuff like that forcing ppl to stay on same monster forever and thus making some spawns jammed ( eg : fluffs/feros come in my mind first )

but can't u just stop whining about such stuff? just live with it coz i heard none of the ts effects will ever change... first you talk about rostos lacking which isn't true, then now complaining about ts effects... >.>

Edited by Peach

Perhaps the ability to Double TS should be looked at..True sight -10 is very nice, at the very least to have a spawn auto attack (fluffys very annoying to click on, feel like I am back on Isla prima chasing rabits) But the -19 is a bit much, especily to keep half the pkers sitting at DP arena without ever wanting to move on.

but can't u just stop whining about such stuff? just live with it coz i heard none of the ts effects will ever change... first you talk about rostos lacking which isn't true, then now complaining about ts effects... >.>

lol first reply a flame.. there's a shock .. and Im not complaining.. to complain this issue would need to affect me alot and it doesnt . I can 99.9% find a spawn of one kind or another to train on !!!

Its JUST a question which hopefully will get thoughtful replies :P

we already discussed many times about ts pots being bad and stuff like that forcing ppl to stay on same monster forever and thus making some spawns jammed ( eg : fluffs/feros come in my mind first )

you just dont want to see it change so u can keep sitting at DP. i see what con is saying its like ogres too many players ts and non camping the few spawns that do exist i think that -10 should be a max for ts pots thats all u realy need and if you need more then u just need to move on to the next monster...

Edited by ShoDoKaN

Personally, I'd like to see the -19 A/D affect reduced. Although I dislike the idea of TS potions altogether, solely because of the highest level magic spell, I know Entropy has plans to change this, but it's very annoying now that magic will give you very little edge in combat. It might be prudent to change the chance of the potion failing, or change the effects altogether, but many people will not like this.

@People at DPA: That annoys me somewhat, too. If you're 59/59 AD, then you should move onto whatever arena has a 60/60 cap. The people who use it to PK newbies obviously have some ego issues :rolleyes:

(PS: Hoorah! I randomly clicked on the smiley box, which is almost entirely blank, and got the correct one \o/)

go post it in topic in suggestions, i think there was one somewhere, why post it in gen chat ?

Because im not suggesting they are changed.. im asking for peoples views on the matter.

@ MP (below)

"it will end up like the topic about rostos u made, few ppl will just write books and no1 else will even care to look/read it"

eeek lol I hope not .. hopefully people will understand its just a question and keep there views either way to a sensible answer ....

Edited by conavar

it will end up like the topic about rostos u made, few ppl will just write books and no1 else will even care to look/read it :rolleyes:

LOL! So I'm not the only one.

You're right in the general idea. I agree. But make no mistake, if this is about to change, it will piss off loads of people smile.gif

Viva La Revolución

Well my opinion has always been that the TS fail effect should be changed to something other than reducing a/d levels... and dont get me wrong, i TS for my training and love the heaps of extra exp i get... but i still think it should be changed.

But there was a long thread in suggestions about this already:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36249

I think if and when Ent wants to change it, he will... probably no point pushing it any further on the forums... imo.

I think spawns will be more crowded, when my astro is lowest would I go and train dchims.

Fchims/mchims will not attack me more and I will need kill them with sword if I want to kill without flee - get exp all the time.

And fchims are very hard to train if they don't attack because of the big map, so will never be used.

So more crowded dchim spawns.

Well my opinion has always been that the TS fail effect should be changed to something other than reducing a/d levels... and dont get me wrong, i TS for my training and love the heaps of extra exp i get... but i still think it should be changed.

But there was a long thread in suggestions about this already:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36249

I think if and when Ent wants to change it, he will... probably no point pushing it any further on the forums... imo.

Thanks Korrode I missed that topic .... and even though Im not suggesting anything and just wanting views maybe this is better being added to the end of that thread...

so any Mods plz feel free to move if appropriate

Personally, I'd like to see the -19 A/D affect reduced. Although I dislike the idea of TS potions altogether, solely because of the highest level magic spell, I know Entropy has plans to change this, but it's very annoying now that magic will give you very little edge in combat. It might be prudent to change the chance of the potion failing, or change the effects altogether, but many people will not like this.

@People at DPA: That annoys me somewhat, too. If you're 59/59 AD, then you should move onto whatever arena has a 60/60 cap. The people who use it to PK newbies obviously have some ego issues :rolleyes:

(PS: Hoorah! I randomly clicked on the smiley box, which is almost entirely blank, and got the correct one \o/)

Totaly agree. :rolleyes: As I have said high att/def >more xp>more OA>lots of phy/cord. Under 40 att/def>low xp blah blah blah u get the picture...

(But then again I cant attack at DP anymore w/o TS lol)

you just dont want to see it change so u can keep sitting at DP. i see what con is saying its like ogres too many players ts and non camping the few spawns that do exist i think that -10 should be a max for ts pots thats all u realy need and if you need more then u just need to move on to the next monster...

He is not at dp anymore you noob -_-' go get some info before u post stupid things...

anyway if u don't find a spawn, go pvp where's the problem ?

I suggest being able to ts down to 3/3 a/d, now that would make things fun. :P

AGREES again :icon13::hiya: (Manderjin is now on my like list LOL)

I suggest being able to ts down to 3/3 a/d, now that would make things fun. ;)

Maybe there could be limit on a/d exp do people could get 120 dodges/hits /hour. That would solve problem of crowded spawns, as everybody would be trying to hit on the dragon.

If being serious, TS potions could be competely removed from game, maybe replaced with something like camouflage potion that has no "side effect".

I honestly dislike the side effect of TS potions.It is, in my humble opinion, badly abused. It was supposed to be a penalty and it ended as a way to get to low level PK areas or train on creatures one should leave behind many attack/defence levels before.

Yes, I think it *may* cause spawn jammed. Reason?

Fchims/mchims will not attack me more and I will need kill them with sword if I want to kill without flee - get exp all the time.

And fchims are very hard to train if they don't attack because of the big map, so will never be used.

Instead of hunting them down or move on it seems to be easier to TS your skills down. Of course, all the people that could train on the very same monsters without a need of dumping their stats can go and screw themselves or TS down as well. Vicious circle.

I completely agree with Khalai. TS penalty should be either changed completely or tweaked. Poison sounds really good. What about dumping attributes instead of skills? I think that -10/-10 physique/coordination would make the penalty more severe.

I think that -10/-10 physique/coordination would make the penalty more severe.

Not really, in that case it will be better for PvP trainings.

Especially it will be easier to find PvP partner for people with high p/c (like me).

Poison is the best way here (or tele to KF ;)) :o

All of this has already been discussed in the thread Korrode linked in his post ;)

And I agree with him, there's no point in pushing it further, unless you have a point that hasn't been said there and in that case I suggest you add it there :o