Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

True Sight Potions

If it was poison as fail effect, who would use the potions to see invisible people?

Is the potion as it stands now widely used for its "proper" reason ? ( I honestly dont know,so maybe someone who does can answer)

I could see how players on merc/hydro runs or harving on pk maps might use it and not mind the -10 a/d chance.

But from a purely PK's view, IMO the Neg " side effect" is just to much of a risk to take while pking, much safer to be attacked by an Invis player than to lose 10 a/d

So I could see how a poison fail effect wouldnt be a major hinderance for a pk'er ( some use invis pots and dont mind the risk) but could be a pain in the butt for players who use it for hydro runs etc ( more so if the poison stacked like invis pots)

If it was poison as fail effect, who would use the potions to see invisible people?

Is the potion as it stands now widely used for its "proper" reason ? ( I honestly dont know,so maybe someone who does can answer)

I could see how players on merc/hydro runs or harving on pk maps might use it and not mind the -10 a/d chance.

But from a purely PK's view, IMO the Neg " side effect" is just to much of a risk to take while pking, much safer to be attacked by an Invis player than to lose 10 a/d

So I could see how a poison fail effect wouldnt be a major hinderance for a pk'er ( some use invis pots and dont mind the risk) but could be a pain in the butt for players who use it for hydro runs etc ( more so if the poison stacked like invis pots)

Not many pkers use TS/Invispots we tend to use Magic for those things. Invis pots are not stackable, so I would rather carry some envasion/acc pots in those slots, and T/S pots are way to heavy. The -10 failure is not too bad, just drink some attak/defense pots to get it up fast. This also holds true for the hydro farmer. Would you rather carry a S2E or a potion?

The TS pot side effect is one of those things in EL I have an issue with. I agree with everyone who said it is being abused to the point of turning a negative fail into a positive advantage -- sometimes even an unfair advantage (at DPA). If it were up to me, I'd change the side effect. At least I think it should be tweaked.

However, in the maneating leopard thread, I just posted something about it being valid to wonder whether a change to the game is worth making because of how many players it might drive away from the game. So, I'm not going to suggest that TS pot side effect be changed, because I don't know how big of a change that would be. I have no idea how many people actually use TS pots or rely on them for how they play. I'm just going to say that, if we are going to see a lot more people enter the game this year, then in my opinion, it would be a good idea to take look at how TS pots affect player behavior and traffic in re spawns. That's a question for Radu to answer for himself, looking at actual numbers of players' kills, how long they've been on those mobs, what their real stats are, how many TS pots they use to stay on those mobs, how many people actually use TS pots, etc.

Right now, I don't think it makes much difference beside a small annoyance. There are still free spawns that can be found with a little effort for those who want to advance through all the mobs instead of stop at certain mob for exp or ease reasons. But as the game gets more crowded, it might become more of a problem.

Edited by peino

You could supply a substitute potion that gives the desired "penalty" at around the average cost of today's TS fail and change TS pot penalty. That way nobody would have to get pissed off and the whole affair would make more sense.

But as Korrode said and I reminded you above: this has been discussed already, what's the point in repeating everything that has been said already? :evilgrin:

what's the point in repeating everything that has been said already? :evilgrin:

At least, showing discontent about some things. The more effort put in, the more likely there is something done about it. One topic about something may point to a certain problem, many topics about something gives more emphasis to it. At least I think so.

Did any of ppl who complain about ts pots noticed that all top 20 a/d/oa and most of top200 use/used ts pots a lot?

How newbies will be able to compete with it if they cant use them anymore?

From my personal experinece -a/d from ts pots is really big help to lvl faster and cheaper, r u sure u want to take it away after such a long time ?

Would be cool to hear what Radu thinks about it.

mp

Did any of ppl who complain about ts pots noticed that all top 20 a/d/oa and most of top200 use/used ts pots a lot?

*breaks his own suggestion of not posting here*

I certainly get what you're saying MP, future fighters will have a harder time of it... but how long can that excuse be used for?

The game will never have any changes that make it harder if we keep saying "but what about future trainers".

Tweaking Forest and Mountain Chimeran stats a little to make them more training friendly could help with the transition too. :evilgrin:

From my personal experinece -a/d from ts pots is really big help to lvl faster and cheaper, r u sure u want to take it away after such a long time ?

mp

That all depends on wether it was good for the game as a whole and not just individiuals

My own personal view :

I very rarely use Ts pots myself as I do alot of alching inbetween training and Im to lazy to keep Tsing down :D , but I can see that they are a big help towards a/d xp and no one is wrong for using them . I very rarely have trouble finding a spawn of one type or another, so ppl being ts'd down dont really affect me personally but I can see how they could trouble others either now or maybe in the future ( as like peino says more players come into the game, but only Ent knows what plans he has for that).

I just posted the question/s to get people's honest opinions on what they thought of them.. one way or the other ( both sides are valid and worth listening to IMO)

better to talk about it now in a hopefully sensible way rather than later when it *may* be a big problem. As the saying goes " no point shutting the barn do after the horse has bolted"

Edited by conavar

mp

agreed, and ive never really had a problem finding spawns, and if there all taken I do something else (make He's,Srs, etc)

ok, how many ppl on ip are using ts pots?

Gotta love people who take posts entirely outta context. I was honestly wondering who would try to pounce on my little mistake there :D

I was being off-topic with that IP spawn remark.

The first part of my post was me just being overly-worried about things, since more players are coming to this game I imagine the developers will have less time, and so it might be better to try and get things done the now.

I don't think that spawns are getting jammed. There are usually some free in PK maps. Of course some creatures haven't got many spawns, but you can train on something else for a short time.

I know it is not a nice answer, so I'll write about TS too.

Let's divide the people who use TS into 2 groups:

1. People who could train on stronger creatures. By using TS and going to lower level creature, they virtually "free" the spawn on a stronger beast.

2. People who should train on the same creature, but they are strong enough to train even with TS (I think there are some players like that on ogres). They don't jam the spawn. Actually thanks to the ts pot feature and more experience that comes with it need less time to move to the next monster.

That's my theory, but I won't make a topic "Use TS on training to train faster and free the spawns earlier".

You, conavar, stated that you don't have problems with finding a new spawn, but you see people who you think have, due to the TS potions feature. I really don't understand it, maybe the players that you're talking about should either explore and find more spawns (yeah, some players don't try to learn new things by themselves, they just ask about each and every thing), or they are to demanding for the spawn to be (to far, only one monster, PK) or simply they should write this topic personally, so they can bring their arguments and share their thoughts. And I think there is no need to worry about hypothetical future issues.

That's everything from me about the jamming of the spawns.

Should the side effect of TS potions to changed? ( eg: instead of -10 a/d .. -10 p/c or -10 will )

No. It is okay, it brings more possibilities to train on monsters, and allows more people to do pvp training. It makes some pot makers happy too. With the experience scheme in EL (exp per hit depending only of a/d levels) it is a nice feature in my opinion.

Would changing the side effect force players to train on what there level suggests and thus easing spawn congestion?

No. I mean yes. It depends what the change would be. Of course, removing the a/d penalty would reduce the possible creatures to train with for some players.

sometimes i really ask myself if you guys got nothing better to do than posting on a forum and complaining about a game more than you actually play it.

I don't think that spawns are getting jammed. There are usually some free in PK maps. Of course some creatures haven't got many spawns, but you can train on something else for a short time.

Some spawns are jammed and some arnt and that brings up the question " Do players need to re-think there training if a spawn is always full and is it the players training method not TS pots which is at fault ?".. "Are players to keen on getting *the good spawn* and not using others "

note: good post Ulrih :D

Edited by conavar

Spaws are jammed,,,at certain times of day. There are many hours that most are empty. I even hit the melanius 3X orge once in a while to collect bones and no one else is there. Plan your trainning time

Today is the first time I used TS pots for training. I love em :D

On side notw I still belive that they shouldnt be able to be used at certan arenas ;)

Today is the first time I used TS pots for training. I love em :icon13:

On side notw I still belive that they shouldnt be able to be used at certan arenas :P

wouldn't change much, u can easy alch untill lvl 80...