Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ferngale

It's Coming Time To Celebrate! Can You Say Party?

Why, you ask? Because it's the weekend after EL's 5th Birthday!!!

Time : TBA - we are working on making this Event time-friendly to all who play.

Place: Whitestone City Castle

Come One, Come All! Games, Fun, Surprises and Prizes await you.

Trivia your thing? Match your knowledge of Eternal Lands with the savviest.

Something new and exciting float your boat? Well obviously I won't give it away....

Feeling lucky? There's a Lottery in the offing.

Remember seeing Fireworks displays before? Well you won't have seen this kind.

As the date comes closer I will add to this invitation with more details, so check back often.

Anyone who would like to help in any manner, please contact Curia, Enly, Ferny, Lumino, or SleepyDragon or leave us a post. The more participation, the more just plain FUN!

Brought to you, in part by CES, but with the help of many others. A Big Thank You in advance!

The 16th is a saturday, we had several reasons for picking saturday over sunday, one of the main ones being it just worked better for those of us hosting things ;)

o gosh sorry lol xD i didn't see the date xD i still can't find it rofl xD

edit:oh it's in the title >.<

Edited by swordofflame

Yep, Saturday the 16th for those who didn't notice ;P

If it helps, while we don't know the time it will probably start around 5 or 6 PM GMT and last a few hours. Don't quote me on it, though, we will see :P

I hope to see you all there for a huge party and a TON of fun!

Lum ;)

Edited by Lumino

Lottery Sales begin today, 1 Feb

Minimum Pot : 10k gc

Price per ticket : 50 gc

Winner takes All. (Last summer's Gala pot was ~100k gc)

Sales will continue up until 1 hour before the drawing.

You do not need to be present to win.

Please contact Curia, Enly, Ferny, Lumino or Sleepy Dragon in game to play.

Oh, by the way I had a very odd email from Gossip. Something about friends of hers coming to White Stone for the Party. She's being a little coy about details, but I'll see what I can worm out of her. :D

Remember, Saturday February 16th!

Hey I don't want to hijack what is an awesome thread and good ideas but what about splitting the lottery more than one way. I always kinda figure (even with the RL lottery as well) that more chances to win is better.

e.g 4 people winning 25k is more of an incentive for me to spend a few hundred GC on tickets than only one person winning 100k. Just a suggestion but either way this is all good stuff! :D

I hope theres cake and Jelly! (Jelly = jello for you yanks!) Jelly in US = Jam in UK. All very confusing but we invented the english language so we must be right!! :P

Hey I don't want to hijack what is an awesome thread and good ideas but what about splitting the lottery more than one way. I always kinda figure (even with the RL lottery as well) that more chances to win is better.

e.g 4 people winning 25k is more of an incentive for me to spend a few hundred GC on tickets than only one person winning 100k. Just a suggestion but either way this is all good stuff! :D

Thats a fine suggestion and we could definately consider it. In planning we discussed having 2 lotteries I believe, one for new players with cheaper tickets and more newbie related prizes, and one for advanced players with more expensive players and better prizes... but we decided against that however for several reasons. But the lottery is something we're trying to test different ways for and find the best way to have it run, and I quite like that idea you have. We'll update on this thread if any plans for the lottery are changed.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I am , of course, willing to help any way I can and I will try my best to attend

If you are interested in assisting we might be able to find something for you to do :P Contact myself, Lumino, Ferny, Sleepydragon, or Curia ingame :(

Edited by Enly

Yes I like neildog's suggestion too.

And, I have already contacted Lumino on the subject and he told me that he will inform me of what i am to do at a a later date.

Alright thats good, at the moment we're not up to much. Most of the planning is completed and the events layed out. All I'm up to is gathering prizes :D

As far as the lottery, we had a discussion on this, but since we only have the gala lottery stats to go off of, it's difficult to say what exactly will happen etc.

There will be one pot this time around. Comparing stats from this event and last time's we will reach a decision as to whether to do two categories next time, one for newbies, one for advanced players. But for now, just one pot, sorry :)

We can still use PLENTY of help at the event so please contact us if you want to. But, there is not a ton for volunteers to do right now--at the actual event is a different story.

Still, if you're anxious to help, we'd love donations of any kind :) BTW--any donations of GC anyone makes, we will tell you EXACTLY how we spent the money. This is not scheme or anything, it is completely legitimate. Also, it is non-profit. Any proceeds go back into the organization for future events, or into prize pools.

And Ferny--that email from Gossip sounds exciting...wonder what it could be... :P:P

Can't wait for the big day!! See you all there!!

-Lumino

If it's 5 or 6 I won't be there for an hour or so cos my dinner is between 5 and 6 GMT. See if other people have this same problem.

Because of all the different timezones its very hard to have a time that doesn't conflict with anyone's dinner/work/sleep/whateverelseyoudo. 5-6 GMT is a time that works for the broadest possible group of people so far as we can tell, so thats around when it will be. That is only an approximate, but it will likely be very close to that time. Keep in mind though we have lots of fun planned, so maybe you won't be able to be there for the beginning, but perhaps the end... or the other way around :)

Yeah, as Enly said, we have a lot of people to please...so it's hard.

But, as she also alluded to, this will be a LONG event, probably 3-4 hours, and packed with fun activities, so no matter how long you can come for, you are sure to have a blast. And of course, if you can make the end for the closing fireworks, it will be well worth your time.

Lum

Received permission from Gossip to post this here .... Sounds Exciting!

"From gossip

I received a letter from a traveling theatre troupe, The Eternal Players, telling me that they are planning on coming to Draia to perform a play. This group is well known in other parts, because they put on some great shows. They are a Commedia dell'arte troupe, so their first show will be in that style, but I?ve heard that they can perform a wide variety of styles.

Here/s what I?m thinking- wouldn?t it be great if they decided to settle down in Draia? I would love to be able to go and see new shows from time to time. That?s why I?m hoping that we have a great turn-out at their premiere.

I?ve also heard that they are always looking for new plays to perform, so I?m hoping that some of you in this RP group will write some plays for them to produce. They don?t have to be long, or funny, just well thought out. If you want to write a play for them, contact scafativ in-game for details; he?s acting as The Eternal Player?s agent while they?re here."

How exciting! A theater troupe coming to our party to perform a play! What would we do without Gossip :icon13:

Get in a theatrical mood, everyone, this is bound to be very entertaining :P

Lumino