Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SleepyDragon

Spawn etiquette

@ peino

Im not going to comment of your spawn etiquette, its differant to mine but not better or worse , I think most people have there own differant etiquette.

Question while on the topic :

If im training and someone asks how long I will be, and I answer " 20mins" and they say fine " pm me when your done" and then someone else comes along a sits and waits .. who should get preference ?

I normaly pm the person to tell him/her the spawn is there's then run before the fireworks start :icon13:

Edited by conavar

I do pm 1st person and tell him/her that someone came and waits for the spawn and Im clean.

If 2nd person ask me to pm him/her then I simply tell him/her that Ive already promissed it someone else.

Edited by Desertus

@ peino

Im not going to comment of your spawn etiquette, its differant to mine but not better or worse , I think most people have there own differant etiquette.

Question while on the topic :

If im training and someone asks how long I will be, and I answer " 20mins" and they say fine " pm me when your done" and then someone else comes along a sits and waits .. who should get preference ?

I normaly pm the person to tell him/her the spawn is there's then run before the fireworks start :huh:

Yes, it's a big problem.

Another is that several sometimes ask you to pm them.

So do you tell them they are the 4th on the list ?

And often do I forget who asked.

Oh, another thing - some people go afk at the spawn over the night and think they can take it next morning.

Edited by Zamirah

In my most honest opinion there should be only one etiquette. Do not do anything you wouldn't like others do. I mean, you don't like having your spawn serp, don't do it yourself. You don't want others to get restock by guildies, don't ask your guildies for it, etc. So goes for every single issue in this game >.<

In my most honest opinion there should be only one etiquette. Do not do anything you wouldn't like others do. I mean, you don't like having your spawn serp, don't do it yourself. You don't want others to get restock by guildies, don't ask your guildies for it, etc. So goes for every single issue in this game >.<

Well, I would be pissed off if someone was training ahead of me and got restocked, but I wouldn't see it as anything wrong. I would be pissed off if I walked to a spawn and he was there in the first place, so should I leave when another person arrives while I train?

Usually If I arrive and another is at the spawn, I will go find another. If all are taken, I may ask how long, and ask for a PM. after a while you get to know the places least often occupied, and that would be the place I would ask for PM - less chance for a conflict if another person arrives. If a guy says he will be 20 mins, and THEN a guildie turns up with 1 hour more of supplies, then I may let him know what I think :huh:

If someone asks me to pm them when I'm done with a spawn I'll do it, but I'll tell them when they ask that I won't hold it for them if someone else shows up ahead of them. The line is the line, after all. If I say I'll be done in 20 minutes, let them come back in 15 minutes and hold their own spot. If I agree to pm them, I'll pm them early, say 5 minutes before I leave.

As for those people who think they can go afk at a spawn for hours and still have some claim over it -- heh, they are mistaken. If you're just sitting afk, then you're not using the spawn, and it's free for someone else.

Edited by peino

As for those people who think they can go afk at a spawn for hours and still have some claim over it -- heh, they are mistaken. If you're just sitting afk, then you're not using the spawn, and it's free for someone else.

I normaly say "hi" when I get to a spawn and if there are not back from afk after I have killed 2 or 3 then to me they have lost the spawn..But if they come back from afk within a couple of minutes of me getting the spawn I normaly let them have it back... hey we all need toilet breaks :huh:

If someone asks me to pm them when I'm done with a spawn I'll do it, but I'll tell them when they ask that I won't hold it for them if someone else shows up ahead of them.
Yep.

If someone says "PM me when done" i just say "sure, but if ur not gonna wait here, and someone else comes and does wait, they'll get spawn".

Well, I would be pissed off if someone was training ahead of me and got restocked, but I wouldn't see it as anything wrong.

I would serp it even if guild is friendly/ally or i like(d) that person :D

So glad it can never happen on pk server lolx, u just come and train/kill for drops till some1 stronger( or few weaker but well organised ppl) comes and kicks u out :huh:

mp

I sometimes go afk for few days at one spawn btu when i come back, if someone is training, then i let him train (exept if its some kind of stupid jerk i hate then i'll serp ^^)

If you train and someone comes and u promise him well, u made a promis, just tell the next guy the spawn is reserved for someone else and to try settle the problem with him.

I often go afk in middle of training for like 2-3 mins, and when i come back the spawn is busy. If i'm not on serious training then well, i let him train, if i'm on serious training i ask if i can have it back or anyway i don't go semi afk in middle of the training :huh:.

Well said. That's what makes a difference between following the rules and following the spirit of the community

the way i look at it is respect the other ppl training at your lvl, 1 day they may save your db.

i guess if your a dick to them they get rights to just pick the nice bag up off teh ground :)

as for giving up a spwn after 30 mins .. seems like thats never going to happen .. average time for most ppl using 30 srs per training session is an hour so have fun sitting waiting .. unless they share :)

as for some1 waking up to claim a spwn from afk this is annoying and has happened to me a few times when i got a spot at 3x ogre ..just pissed me off and done me a favour in the long run as most 2x are empty now :D so i've lvled quicker than sharing

Biggest thing with me is when you show up and someone is there afk but monster still there i say if you can kill 3 while there afk then its my spawn but if i just get 1 or 2 of them killed before they return i would return he spawn just my thing.