Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Selecter

Thiefs and cops :)

Thief skill

Rare chance to steal something if you stand behind someone and trying to steal it.

Policeman

You can get busted by players if you steal someone's bag from the floor or if you steal it from the pocket :D

You stay at prison 1 hour or pay gold for freedom :roll:

You can be killed by players in non-pk maps before you maybe will get thrown to prison ... some sort of social execution ;)

Note: This is for new system

So how do you train it?

Wait for noobies and steal their stuff?

Policeman... you shouldn't call it like that.

Also, 1 hour is too much. if we implant that, it isn't against the rules so maybe... 20 minutes?

Maybe the defence skill of the target will effect the procent of a sucsessed steal.

if somewone leaves a bag on the grond and you take something out of it you can't

call it steeling. He just left the bag. if you don't want someone to take your stuff don't leave it

but the stealing is a nice idea, you just have to make sure that a high level player can't steal from low level players

No, Personally, I don't like the idea. Some players work HOURS on getting an item made. Especially the honest ones. They'll spend 20 minutes mining the Iron and Coal to make the bars for, let's say, a tit long. This adds on another 30 mins to go get the Titanium and Coal to make the Titanium Bars. (Keep in mind that this is for an honest-living worker that doesn't want to just buy the materials.) Then another 10 mins to the manu god, if applicable, to get the "blessing" to make them.

All this for someone to have three seconds of trying to steal it from them?

No, sorry, I don't agree.

But, good idea. :-) Maybe if it were a different type of game or leveling requirements.

-OSM

Hmm this would make things very..interesting. But I agree having your stuff stolen would extremley suck..maybe a option to be able to have stuff stolen, then again who would ever choose that besides thieves? Hm anyway if it would happen I played a MUD game that I think did it very well...First of all being a thief was extremely hard..First you had to find the thieves guild which took me a few days to even do, had to give a signal in a bakers shop heh..then it cost a fortune to train, and your chance of failure was very high. If you stole from someone and failed a bounty would instantly go on your head for several game days..anyone could kill you anywhere and then if they turned in your head got a reward, so pretty much you were screwed if that happened ;) Not sure why I said this thieving wouldnt quite fit in this game to much..I just thought it was fun :lol: Especially cuz you could leave a calling card on the victim

We will have a lot of fun when some of the scammers will stole something and get busted by others... Amazing thing I imagine :lol: when a lot of people are chasing a thief to kill on non-pk map

lol rare chance, heres one thing, i like the idea, but i hate the idea, like marine said, uh...all that stuff.... lol, but yea ppl spend hours doing some of the stuff they do now, but...uh... that would really suck if someone stole ur stuff while u weren't paying attention, then again, u can just kill the guy in one hit if he fails lol and take his stuff :wink:

I played an MMORPG with stealing, and when you logged out, your character was asleep. That means that if you logged out in a city, you come back the next day and half of your stuff is gone.

Trust me, stealing sucks.