Eternal Lands Official Forums
Pride

Swordofflame

well KF or TD or NC then. I really haven't spied with my alts and pwn any1.

edit: Ok I'm tired, so I am going to ask kindly: please unban me. Spying for chat is illegal, yes. But is it really worth a permanent Ban? I have apologized already. Now the famous "unban plx"

Edited by swordofflame

You have won me over! I now believe that you understand what you did was wrong and are truly contrite.

[/sarcasm]

well that sucks ace :icon13: i honestly don't think that what i did deserves a permanent ban. I apologized already. And now i know that it's against the rules and I won't do it again.

edit: And I'm only giving what I'm getting Acelon. You guys tell me nicely what I did was wrong, I'll gladly apologize without giving you attitude. But all those accusations of me using alts for my own selfish benefits? I can't take that sitting down.

2nd edit: You guys did tell me what I did wrong. I appreciate that. I just wish that you all wouldn't treat me like some kind of outlaw.

Edited by swordofflame

Characters that are locked stay locked, unless there is some compelling reason to unlock them. Your attitude of "sure, I broke the rules, but whatever, I don't see it as a problem" is probably the main reason this thread is still going on and on in the first place. Rather than arguing against mods, saying you will be nice if they stop accusing you of cheating...perhaps it's time to realize that you did break the rule entitled: "Do not cheat", and take it from there.

The onus is on you to perhaps get yourself unlocked. To accomplish this would require displaying that you understand the rules, and a sincere promise that they will not be broken again.

I have made a sincere apology. On my first few posts I apologized and admitted that I was wrong though I didn't know it when I was doing it at the time. Now once again, I sincerely apologize for multiplaying and for my lack of common sense(edit:and self control. Sorry if i seemed rude). I humbly apologize and I would be grateful for another chance and I will not break the rules again. Thank you.

Edited by swordofflame

I am truly sorry. It is true that I did not know what I was doing (using my alt to watch for groups at DP) was an illegal activity, but now it makes sense. I've had some time to think about it and gain some perspective, and you're right. I was gaining information through my alt and it was wrong. I could have easily done it at a arena with no a/d limits and that would be against the rules.

I have always played this game honestly and have tried to follow all of the rules, so when I was banned, I reacted in frustration and anger, like a normal human being and this is probably how my sincere apology was lost in defensiveness. I know that as mods, you all have a hard job weeding out the cheaters and liars, and you do a very good job. All I can say is that I am not one of those. I made an honest mistake and here are the ways that I plan on fixing that mistake:

- I will not use an alt to spy at DP arena or any other place. Even just to look for people to chat with.

- I will continue to always try to play honestly and follow all of the rules.

Thank you for considering to unban swordofflame. I love EL and have made many good friends here. I would never want to hurt the EL community, and I appreciate everything that you all do to protect it.

-SoF

edit:and you're right, Asgnny, it was my hardheadedness and not being able to apologizing properly and to just keep arguing and make it seem like I did not care that I broke the rules, even if it was accidental that kept this thread going and going and never getting unbanned. I hope you consider this apology true and from the heart.

Edited by swordofflame

Thank you very much :lipssealed: oh and btw one fast question, is it illegal to give my GM rank once in a while to my alt, because for some contests I need to take on a new tag.

Thank you very much :lipssealed: oh and btw one fast question, is it illegal to give my GM rank once in a while to my alt, because for some contests I need to take on a new tag.

So long as this is not done to then sell the guild (thereby giving money to the alt) that sounds fine.