Eternal Lands Official Forums
Pride

Swordofflame

Guess it finally happened. I've been banz0red. :hug: I was logged onto Main server with 2 chars. Swordofflame, and my alt, bladesxofxfury. I was also logged onto the PK server. I just finished a pvp on blades with light_grenade. After, I had to go eat dinner, so i said on the pk server i was logging for dinner. I got out of the underworld with blades and logged off. Then I walked sword to the coal caves to harvest and was getting ready to sign him off. Asnny poofs up next to me and asks why i logged of my alt when i saw his PM. I didn not see it, i was talking to light_grenade. I did not log out because I was scared that I got caught in the act of doing something wrong. You can ask the peeps on the PK server or whatever you want. I logged off blades after telling light i was off to dinner. You can ask any of the people for logs if you want.

So then Asgnny says he is going to lock me for illegal multiplay. I told him I usually only station Blades at DP arena to see if people are there, and if there is a nice amount of people, I log out of Blades and go there on Sword. He says that is illegal and shows me rule 5 or somewhere close to that. I read it, it told me no interactions between same IP and that alts can't be used to lure others in PK or save deathbags, etc. I have broken neither of those. Sword cannot attack at DPA. I go there to chat mostly. If i could, and I used blades to go in, get attacked, log out and have sword show up, that'd be different. So i feel i really shouldn't be locked and i would like both of them unlocked, no stats reduction, and with all items intact please.

edit:thanks for reading and considering the unban ;)

Edited by swordofflame

5. Do not cheat.

Cheating in the game means using outdated or illegal clients, outdated or illegal unofficial map(.elm) files that have been altered from the official versions, unregistered and/or unapproved bots, macroing, automating, scripting, exploiting bugs, muling, or any other form of illegal multi-playing*.

To use a bot, it must be registered and approved; it must adhere to the rules of the client's license and all your code must be open source. If you find a bug in the game, you must tell the owners of Eternal Lands immediately.

*Illegal multi-playing means using more than one character to help you gain benefits that using a single character would not. Illegal multi-playing includes but is not limited to: muling, deathbag sitting, pvp training, luring people to pk maps with one character while lying in wait with another. Also note that it is very difficult to be able to define each and every form of illegal multi-playing or cheating, so these matters will be reveiwed and punishments decided upon on a case by case basis.

You were using your alt to spy on the DP Arena, to give you information as to who and how many people are there, etc.. You then came with your (stronger) main character and, within a minute or so of logging off your alt, were in the arena fighting. This is a clear cut case of using an alt to benefit your main character.

Edit: By the way, your siggy is oversized.

Edited by asgnny

So then Asgnny says he is going to lock me for illegal multiplay. I told him I usually only station Blades at DP arena to see if people are there, and if there is a nice amount of people, I log out of Blades and go there on Sword. He says that is illegal and shows me rule 5 or somewhere close to that. I read it, it told me no interactions between same IP and that alts can't be used to lure others in PK or save deathbags, etc. I have broken neither of those. Sword cannot attack at DPA. I go there to chat mostly. If i could, and I used blades to go in, get attacked, log out and have sword show up, that'd be different. So i feel i really shouldn't be locked and i would like both of them unlocked, no stats reduction, and with all items intact please.

edit:thanks for reading and considering the unban ;)

From rule 5:

*Illegal multi-playing means using more than one character to help you gain benefits that using a single character would not. Illegal multi-playing includes but is not limited to: muling, deathbag sitting, pvp training, luring people to pk maps with one character while lying in wait with another. Also note that it is very difficult to be able to define each and every form of illegal multi-playing or cheating, so these matters will be reveiwed and punishments decided upon on a case by case basis.

5. Owning multiple characters IS legal as long as they do not interact, and do not help each other.

5. Do not cheat.

Cheating in the game means using outdated or illegal clients, outdated or illegal unofficial map(.elm) files that have been altered from the official versions, unregistered and/or unapproved bots, macroing, automating, scripting, exploiting bugs, muling, or any other form of illegal multi-playing*.

To use a bot, it must be registered and approved; it must adhere to the rules of the client's license and all your code must be open source. If you find a bug in the game, you must tell the owners of Eternal Lands immediately.

You were using your alt to spy on the DP Arena, to give you information as to who and how many people are there, etc.. You then came with your (stronger) main character and, within a minute or so of logging off your alt, were in the arena fighting. This is a clear cut case of using an alt to benefit your main character.

Edit: By the way, your siggy is oversized.

Like i said, asgnny, sword is not able to attack at DPA. Not even double Tsed, it is not my fault he was attacked immediately upon entering DP arena. I don't believe it is Multiplay if I can't attack there. Do you know what? You can keep blades locked. Give me Sword back please.

righto. Once again, I can not attack at DPA. I even let the people at the arena know before hand that i am headed there with sword.

edit:typo ;o

Edited by swordofflame

If that is the case, then why do it? Obviously there is some gain or his high level character would be elsewhere

cuz it's cooler to be sitting there in full steel and a col :D

If there's nobody at DPA, i can have sword harv some coal. If there is people, I would rather sit there with a char that has nicer stats. There is no benefit to it. Maybe record a few fights. That's not exactly benefiting.

edit: oh and ghrae, I most likely would be at the beam or harving coal. People that know me knows that I don't train much :3 and spend alot of time sitting around

Edited by swordofflame

It's cool to have one character in the PK area, wait till there are people in, change characters so if they attack you they die? And that doesn't sound wrong to you?

I tell them i am coming to the arena b4 logging off the alt. It is their choice to attack me or not. I dont tell em I'm 5 a/d with full steel and no rosto or anything.

Edited by swordofflame

Coming to the arena? You were already there, waiting offline to hop on. It may not be "your fault" somebody attacks you but you know it will happen even if only accidentally. The benefit is you kill people you can't kill with your DP arena alt after they kill you. And logs show you do this a LOT, this wasn't a freak happening because you went to dinner.

No matter how you choose to rationalize it, it is illegal. Your beliefs is not what EL is run by, so you either follow the rules or don't play.

I was NOT offline to hop in. I was ON sword. Blades was there. I log off blades so it wont lag too much. And i walk there on Sword. It is NOT beneficial. How can someone "accidentally" attack me? I TELL them before logging off the alt I am coming. People that hangs out at DP arena know i am way above DP arena requirements(edit:in all modesty). Plus, DP is probably the most crowded PK arena. And how many of them can actually attack, TSed or not? Maybe about 2 out of 15 or 16 people. I repeat again it is NOT beneficial. And i am trying to play, except that is hard to pull off since I'm locked ;/

edit:oh and your logs, aislinn. Shows that does it? Who have i killed at DP arena with sword lately? I can't remember any atm.

Edited by swordofflame

Looking at your logs between swordofflame, valiant, and bladesxwhateverxxx, i see 3 chars logging on and off jockeying for best character for whatever situation arises. That is interaction, using them to basically spy and get the biggest bang for your buck in the arena or whatever map you are hanging out on. The death logs also show interesting comparisons in one character dying and another one going into the same map immediately, sometimes dying as well, but that's a gamble as we all know.

Looking at your logs between swordofflame, valiant, and bladesxwhateverxxx, i see 3 chars logging on and off jockeying for best character for whatever situation arises. That is interaction, using them to basically spy and get the biggest bang for your buck in the arena or whatever map you are hanging out on. The death logs also show interesting comparisons in one character dying and another one going into the same map immediately, sometimes dying as well, but that's a gamble as we all know.

valiant is the future guild bot 0_o you can check your logs if you want. I have told people that in PMs. And tell me how am i getting past the 40 a/d barrier?

where else? tell me please.

edit:Asgnny's post clearly states i was banned for spying at DP arena(I emphasize again, the fact that I can NOT attack there). I don't think i have done this anywhere else seeing DP is the only a/d limited arena that is active.

Edited by swordofflame

NC, TD, KF I looked at.

Alts, even legitimate ones, need to be kept away from each other. It is impossible for fighter characters expecially to not get an unfair advantage when they are logging on and off the same map or on at the same time. And that is the definition of illegal multi...when you get an advantage that one character alone would not have. Knowledge of your environment is an advantage.

I emphasize again, the fact that I can NOT attack there).

And I emphasize again that knowing people will attack you first amounts to the same thing. You wouldn't have your main in there if it wasn't for your alt.

give me a list of who i "killed" cause it seems like I'm the only one getting killed in those places. And edit:blades nor valiant has entered those maps for a while iirc. They both go in occasionally for the BRs at TD though.

Edited by swordofflame

well who has been killed by me?

edit:oh and i would check my logs :/ i don't think i made valiant near december or january. Maybe late january, I'm not sure.

Edited by swordofflame

Look at your counters.

I expect there are a fair number, you have a decent amount of deaths, and i'm sure you managed to kill some as well :icon13:

Valiant was created December 22 2007.

new comp, counters are all reset. And most my deaths are on NDD. No _drop_ day. About 25 deaths and 3 kills.

ouch. 1 out of 8 kills on a no drop day. I don't think that is illegal. I still say I don't remember luring with my alts. I'm not that kind of a person.

The degree of benefit to your main (which you seem to be arguing is minimal) is missing the point that it is still illegal interaction. A player who puts alts at every fluffy spawn to easily see if it is open for his main is cheating. A player who puts alts in a PK map to check for targets (or even friends with whom to chat) is cheating. Regardless of whether you cannot actively attack players in DP, your interactions between characters are illegal. The example given about making an alt to see if a spawn is open saves the main nothing more than time and maybe a teleport ring... this doesn't make it any less illegal. You agreed to follow the rules of EL, not to follow them as you see fit.

Ok will someone please answer this. What am i banned for? "Spying" at DP arena, saving fluff spawns( which i did not do because a-my alts would get pwnt b-i train clops and c- because it is against the rules which i try my best to follow) or because I am some uber pr0 that owns all of TD, KF, and NC after luring them with my alt(which i also have not done, though i am flattered people think i kick so much butt :icon13: )

I have done neither of those that I can remember except going to DP arena. Chatting does not make me gain anything except some really sore fingers :/ Because I am really confused right now. Supposedly i was banned for spying at DPA. Now I'm a meanie that lures ppl into various other places and keeps spawns :/

Really, Asgnny, I seriously do try to play by the rules. I honestly did not know that having an alt there to see if any1 I know is there so i can get on sword for some chatting was illegal :/ i promise B)

edit:and now I'm going to go for a nice hot shower because it's freezing over here. Then I'm going to go eat dinner when mommy gets home :3

Edited by swordofflame

I'm sorry if my example confused you. I will try to spell this out a bit more clearly. Your using bladesxofxfury to "see what's going on" at the DP Arena is no better (i.e. no more legal) than OTHER players (not yourself) who might use an alt to see if a spawn is free.

You were locked for multiple instances of illegal multiplaying -- using one character to benefit the other,

Illegal multi-playing means using more than one character to help you gain benefits that using a single character would not

Chatting is not illegal, but cheating (illegal multiplaying, as defined above) is.

So what does this have to do with valiant luring others to nc,kf,and td?and blades. I've stated really clearly that i HAVE been using blades to see who was at DP arena so i could go chat. I didn't know this was illegal. I admitted that i have. What I don't get is why Aislinn is saying I've been a bad boy :icon13: I admit to using blades as a spy to see who was at DP. It was not for PKing newbletts. I apologizing for using alt to see who was at DPA so i can go chat. However, I will NOT apologize for something I did not do. I don't lure people into PK maps.

edit:used "however" too many times.

Edited by swordofflame