Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cruella

Chances of getting rare stones

Hi,

What is a chance of getting rare stone while harving (assuming you harv correct resource of course)?

Is there any mathematical formula that governs it or it is just a very small random chance?

Does harvester medallion improve your odds to get rare stone?

What was your harv level when you've got your first stone (no matter what type)?

I think it's random, I know a player who played more than 2 years and only got 1 bindingstone ever - no other stones.

But it was one of the first bindingstones in game.

And I have always got very many, first after few weeks of playing the game.

But harvesting at the time you get many harvest events helps a lot.

Edited by Zamirah

Thanks a lot for your reply

There are days I'm having events literally every 10 seconds but no luck so far (with probably well over 250k of total harvested stuff on the counter)

But it is still nothing in comparison with 1 stone in 2 years lol ;-)

aTeh is right, ask whats happening and you get something :icon13:

Gratz Cruella, and yes, its very random. (of course having higher harvest events does increase the chance)

~kGn

I do not wan't to start a new thread just for that, so I'll post thiis question here - while harvesting, I have plenty of events of "you stop harvesting" type, without any effect other than stopping.

Is it a kind of macroing prevention (intended) or some kind of bug?

Gratz :)

Don't know why I have so much luck in this game. :icon13:

bleh luck is too unevenly spreaded out among players some people have crazy luck and some people just dont get any shit.

some people just dont get any shit.

you mean unable to harv dung or what ? :icon13::)

but seriously, I agree - same for other randomized events - one day I get poisoned with every other toadstool, on the other day can eat 50 without a single case of indigestion ... go figure

I do not wan't to start a new thread just for that, so I'll post thiis question here - while harvesting, I have plenty of events of "you stop harvesting" type, without any effect other than stopping.

It's intended, and I believe even if you have good astro (hardly any events) it wont affect how often those happen. I could/probably am wrong :icon13: but thats what I've observed.

~kGn

It's intended, and I believe even if you have good astro (hardly any events) it wont affect how often those happen. I could/probably am wrong :icon13: but thats what I've observed.

~kGn

They don't happen very often, most likely you are eating, clicking somewhere or accidentially doing something to stop harvesting.

For example: Clicking somewhere far away initiates walk command, which will stop harvesting. But if the place is out of walking range, your character will not react and you will not get any error message.

Edited by ville-v

most likely you are eating, clicking somewhere or accidentially doing something to stop harvesting.

For example: Clicking somewhere far away initiates walk command, which will stop harvesting. But if the place is out of walking range, your character will not react and you will not get any error message.

This certainly is not the case - for instance, while harving in EL, I'm reading a book in RL, so no physical contact neither with keyboard nor mouse (unless necessary). Yet still, a message "You stopped harvesting." pops up. There are harvest sessions it happens often, on the other day not at all. I started to think whether it could be related to packet loss or something similar ....

From what I heard it's to stop AFK harvesting/macroing, but whoever informed me could be wrong :lipssealed:

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

From what I heard it's to stop AFK harvesting/macroing, but whoever informed me could be wrong :lipssealed:

~kGn

Yeah, I thought the same, however since all other events stop harvesting as well, having one that does the same without causing any positive or negative "side effect" is not necessary. Obviously it is not a big deal and certainly no reason to complain, I'm asking mostly out of curiosity ...

Whoever told you was right. The "You stopped harvesting." event is to stop macroers and make AFK harvesting more difficult. The stone drops are completely random. I have found though that the more walls and radon I take the more stones I get. High harvest events is the best way to get stones. Either wear good armor or bring lots of HEs. :lipssealed:

Tirun

~kGn

Yeah, I thought the same, however since all other events stop harvesting as well, having one that does the same without causing any positive or negative "side effect" is not necessary. Obviously it is not a big deal and certainly no reason to complain, I'm asking mostly out of curiosity ...

All harvesting events are exactly for macroers. If you are getting the simple "You stopped harvesting" all the time when not at computer, you are having "bad" (at least it is not cavern wall) luck with randoms then.

"You stopped harvesting" is, as they say, just another event...and btw, as such can break your harvester medallion...trust me I've broken at least one from such an event. :happy:

Gratz :evilgrin:

Don't know why I have so much luck in this game. :devlish:

bleh luck is too unevenly spreaded out among players some people have crazy luck and some people just dont get any shit.

that is the idea of luck, its completely random, some people will get lots and some people will have little.

In the first month of playing I got a rosto while harvesting silver in MM. I was too much of a newbie to know more than a rosto was something really good. An enterprising guildmate tried to buy it from me for a relatively low price. Luckily I was not a noob as well as a newb. I checked the prices with raisa first.

Well, I'm not sure of chance/luck percentage of getting stones but I just found a binding stone from EVTR sulfur 20 minutes ago. :pickaxe:

Edited by MilesBreezy