Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gildrig!

Day Of Zero Gravity

I think the entire idea of special days is to be nuts?? :lipssealed: Special days are meant to give everyone an advantage or a disadvantage so whats the problem? And there could also be a cap. say anyone with more than 800-1200emu doesn't get twice as much emu.

I think the entire idea of special days is to be nuts?? :laugh: Special days are meant to give everyone an advantage or a disadvantage so whats the problem? And there could also be a cap. say anyone with more than 800-1200emu doesn't get twice as much emu.

960 EMU is the highest after the cap.

And I can tell you - it's bad to loose 600 EMU. :P

Well cycloonx, that day is just a day of half food costs, which is feesable since there is so much food >.> but if you count the fact that iron ore is 1 of the largest consumed items in the game it'd make things very tedious.... we get zero g. day and we get loads of iron in a matter of hours, then wait on a joule and mix steel / iron bars to our hearts content.... but maybe it's just my thoughts on the idea

Characters may end the day overloaded, which (AFAIK) just has the same effect as being fully loaded (cf. resets).

If there was some effective penalty to being overloaded, then it could be a more interesting risk in the game.

When you are overloaded you can't pick up anything including 0 EMU gc ;)

Well cycloonx, that day is just a day of half food costs, which is feesable since there is so much food >.> but if you count the fact that iron ore is 1 of the largest consumed items in the game it'd make things very tedious.... we get zero g. day and we get loads of iron in a matter of hours, then wait on a joule and mix steel / iron bars to our hearts content.... but maybe it's just my thoughts on the idea

It's not like you can harvest 13k million iron on 6 hours :P

That may be true cycloon, but the day would still be very helpful for every 1 \o/ but i guess it'd be a good day for every 1 to harvest their own stuff \o/

i could probably get 20k~ silver pretty fast

It's an interesting thought.

Personally, I think that if you had extra stuff in inv when the day ends, either:

A] Easy to implement/Banal Method - As people mentioned you just cant add new stuff but you can drop/store, cant add new stuff until you're below the amount possible. This requires no coding from the programmers either, it's already done.

B] Hard to implement/Interesting Method - The more interesting approach--think about it, what would REALLY happen if there was some random zero gravity, you're carrying things around that are twice as heavy as you can normally manage, and the gravity suddenly returns. ouch :icon13: Perhaps health loss and dropping of items. Again, harder to code.

Personally I'm fine with either approach.

The day does seem interesting though.

Edited by Lumino

Gravity is low, you can carry more but you also have to hold onto things; bags are easily dispersed ("float off"), and the time at which they go "poof" becomes random.

Gravity is low, you can carry more but you also have to hold onto things; bags are easily dispersed ("float off"), and the time at which they go "poof" becomes random.

Or while harvesting, one could be killed by floating ores ;)

Or while harvesting, one could be killed by floating ores ;)

ville-v has found a Rostogol stone!

ville-v's Rostogol stone floated away from him, don't you love Mother Nature? :o

Or while harvesting, one could be killed by floating ores :o

ville-v has found a Rostogol stone!

ville-v's Rostogol stone floated away from him, don't you love Mother Nature? :)

Yes! That has to happen to all stones during that day :D

Or maybe even: Radon pouch was about to hit Khalai, but did hit wandering bird instead (and bag of feathers and cooked meat appears) ;)

[Or maybe even: Radon pouch was about to hit Khalai, but did hit wandering bird instead (and bag of feathers and cooked meat appears) :evilgrin:

Hahaha, at least, some country when baked pigeons fly to mouth directly :rolleyes:

Ok ideas so far, start of day emu of items is decreased by half (or your emu can be 2 times more). items of 1 emu are rounded to 1 items of 3 emu are rounded to...uhhh, 1 or 2.... hmmm i think 2 would be fine. then if you are overladen the end of the day one of theese happens.. A. All items dropped and you have to pick em up. B. all items disappear. C. your health is decreased by the amount of emu you are over by (hehehe) D. You cannot move but you cant teleport. One of thoose would be good...

Then the negative day can be "Day Of Lead Boots" or something like that... where everything weighs more...i dunno how much more but it weighs more. or your emu is decreased.