Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gildrig!

Day Of Zero Gravity

Can we have a new special day where it cuts everythings emu in half? the description can be something like "The physics script has broken and els great programmers are trying to fix it which may take a while. until its fixed everything weighs half for today." i think it would be fun, any ideas?

Edited by Gildrig!

Day of Zero Gravity

English: All items weigh half of it's normal emu.

Role Playing: One of LaForge's priests' experiments went wrong, and it appears to have changed the world's physics temporarily.

Could be a problem there...

So I could harvest an infinite amount of flowers, tit ore etc.....

Nah. this one ain't gonna happen! :P

If you round the numbers 0.5 becomes 1, so there is no problem. Flowers would still be 1 emu, but silver ore would be 1 emu too and iron would be 2 emu. Things like gypsum would be nice to harvest on such a days :icon13:

Edited by Cycloonx

Characters may end the day overloaded, which (AFAIK) just has the same effect as being fully loaded (cf. resets).

If there was some effective penalty to being overloaded, then it could be a more interesting risk in the game.

Nah. this one ain't gonna happen! :omg:

If you round the numbers 0.5 becomes 1, so there is no problem. Flowers would still be 1 emu, but silver ore would be 1 emu too and iron would be 2 emu. Things like gypsum would be nice to harvest on such a days :)

I would like the day to happen, of course, but Ent is not likely to give such a good day without balancing it with something worse! :)

But why should 0.5 round to 0 on Joule day when you can make zero-food FEs, and round to 1 here? :)

0.5 rounding to 1.0 is the conventional rounding rules for nearest integer.

0.5 rounds to 0.0 with simple integer division, as this drops the fraction.

However, don't assume that EMU is equivalent to MASS; it has to factor in other encumbering aspects, bulk and fragility for instance. So it is perfectly justifiable to have different rounding rules for EMU and FOOD.

Nah. this one ain't gonna happen! :omg:

If you round the numbers 0.5 becomes 1, so there is no problem. Flowers would still be 1 emu, but silver ore would be 1 emu too and iron would be 2 emu. Things like gypsum would be nice to harvest on such a days :)

I would like the day to happen, of course, but Ent is not likely to give such a good day without balancing it with something worse! :)

But why should 0.5 round to 0 on Joule day when you can make zero-food FEs, and round to 1 here? :)

So because joule days uses floor() this day can't use round() or ceil()? :)

This day would be fun! :)

Characters may end the day overloaded, which (AFAIK) just has the same effect as being fully loaded (cf. resets).

If there was some effective penalty to being overloaded, then it could be a more interesting risk in the game.

Maybe the same thing when you reset with alot of stuff in inv? I have no idea what happens then, though :omg: Never reset.

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

Maybe the same thing when you reset with alot of stuff in inv?
(cough)

Thats the point -- being overloaded has the same effect as being fully loaded. If this becomes a more regular occurance then more attention should be made to handling this situation. Resets were not intended to be a regular part of the game, but seem to have become one (to the detriment of the game IHMO).

theres a game called elderscrolls where when you become overloaded, you have to drop items of your choice until you are at the maximum amount, until then you cannot move.

Creates some serious risk in this.

theres a game called elderscrolls where when you become overloaded, you have to drop items of your choice until you are at the maximum amount, until then you cannot move.

If different moving speeds were introduced, carry load could affect the walking speed. Speed halved when 75% full, for example?

Im glad you guys have such an interest in my idea :icon13: I thought of it after I spent huge amounts of pp to get 600 emu to carry iron they increased the weight to 4 :P so instead of carrying 200 ore i can carry less than i could at 560 emu before the weight increased. With day of zero gravity ( i like your desc Acelon) i could carry 300 iron ore. Hopefully the programmers will take an interest and actually put it into the server. :w00t: And please keep coming up with improvements and ideas to make this idea better. :D

P.s a good balance could be Day of More gravity (like day of more grief) where everything adds weight though i would hate that day more than any other bad day :\

Edited by Gildrig!

never forget you can always teleport to range!

I think this is a great idea.

I suggest that if people are overloaded when the day ends, they would just automatically lose the amount they are overloaded by, which would make people want to make sure they put everything in stor before the day's end or before they log out. Otherwise people could exploit this if they still have double their normal amount after the day ends. But would this automatic loss be too hard to program?

Edited by Lu06

I thought of it after I spent huge amounts of pp to get 600 emu to carry iron they increased the weight to 4 :medieval: so instead of carrying 200 ore i can carry less than i could at 560 emu before the weight increased.

This has nothing to do with the suggestion itself, but: 'they' didn't increase the weight of iron ore. I don't know what you're confusing it with, but iron ore has been 4 emu ever since I remember - which is almost 3 years.

i definitely remember it being 3 emu for at least one update, it has increased to 4 emu definitely no doubt about it. ( i think your right, looking at my last post it doesn't really seem with the topic. silly me :) )

I think this is a great idea.

I suggest that if people are overloaded when the day ends, they would just automatically lose the amount they are overloaded by, which would make people want to make sure they put everything in stor before the day's end or before they log out. Otherwise people could exploit this if they still have double their normal amount after the day ends. But would this automatic loss be too hard to program?

Wouldn't that be a bit, harsh? it could be like reseting where you continue to carry the load until you drop stuff or put it in storage, yes it could be exploited but who would want to have 1200 emus worth of objects in there inventory? :) I like the idea where you cant move until you remedy the problem :)

I have another idea! At the end of the day and you are overloaded you get a 10 min warning that you need to dump items or all your items will be dropped, not disappear just dropped. so then you run to the storage and dump your items and none of them are taken away. this would be a lot of work for programmers though :D

I like the idea, but I think people would abuse it highly :/ Imagine people with max p/c on iron ore? that'd be nuts

Imagine people with max p/c on NDD? that'd be nuts too

I like the idea, but I think people would abuse it highly :/ Imagine people with max p/c on iron ore? that'd be nuts

That is ONE CA-RRRRAAAZZZZY THOUGHT!

:icon13:B):wacko::wacko::wacko:

Edited by SL7yz0r

Yea omg that will be freaking nuts, think about all those people abusing joule day mixing steel bars and other high food needed items ;)