Eternal Lands Official Forums
conavar

Where Have The Rost's Gone ?

i think ppl got panther fur in sto coz they can't sell them, but you can easily sell rostos and such rare items such as EFEs, serp stones, etc...

i think ppl got panther fur in sto coz they can't sell them, but you can easily sell rostos and such rare items such as EFEs, serp stones, etc...

Why bother if you don't need gc, I had lots of gc untill I started buy nexus and never sold any rostos, efes or other stones.

No difference for me, if I had 1 mill or 5 mill gc in storage.

the same people who are saying " yes we dont use rost's and its fine to hoard them" are proberly the same people who would be up in arms if someone was hoarding an item they used alot (efe's,serp stone's etc)

None of those have posted on this thread so far, are you sure they even exist?

:icon13: read what you quote I said PROBERLY not had Jesus and yes there are plenty of people who complain about efe.serp hoarders just read the forum

I could say the same to you :) The point of my reply was: do the people that you accuse of hoarding rostos without ever using them exist? Where are they? Why don't they post on this thread?

The argument of my first post still stands by the way. You can't take away the freedom of people to choose what to do with their storages...

oh and by the way, you meant to say "probably" :D but one could argue that you wanted me to read your post properly :)

I could say the same to you :icon13: The point of my reply was: do the people that you accuse of hoarding rostos without ever using them exist? Where are they? Why don't they post on this thread?

However, there are pl3nty rostos around, just people hoarding them.

Do I need to say anymore :D

If u get to 120 a/d and you're not PK'ing Spleen, i'll eat my hat... my nice red one.

lol, there are a few other instances I could have quoted.. but, this one I found funny.

There are loads of EL players that prefer to do otherthings, with 120a/d, than PK.

Why not take Top5 a/d players, baddude + Azkaran as one example.

I love how you also said that people hording rosto's resulted in PK's downfall. :icon13:

Do I need to say anymore :)

You better, because that quote doesn't answer the question I asked. Or to paraphrase you:

:icon13: read what you quote (properly) :D

Well the god himself has said ppl hoard them and a couple of people have posted as such ( yourself included)

If you use yours or not I havent a clue, but by your logic that if people dont post and admit they hoard without intent to use then they dont exist ! then surely there isnt a problem with hoarding of any kind .. Efe's nope no problems there.. binding stones ermm nope all fine.. I might have 1000EFE's in sto and not use them but because I dont admit it (just did) then it cant be true .. :confused:

Most people will not put there hands up and admit to it, its just human nature but when Ent says people are hoarding them I tend to believe him

edit: Erma can you honestly put your hand on your heart and say that you believe that no one in EL hoards for profit ?

@ lol Kaddy no flames here just friendly differant views

Edited by conavar

Its kinda offtopic but...

PLZ DONT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A FLAME WAR KK??

lol @ concon just a friendly warning :confused:

Edited by OldySchooly

Well the god himself has said ppl hoard them and a couple of people have posted as such ( yourself included)

If you use yours or not I haven't a clue, but by your logic that if people don't post and admit they hoard without intent to use then they don't exist ! then surely there isn't a problem with hoarding of any kind .. Efe's nope no problems there.. binding stones ermm nope all fine.. I might have 1000EFE's in sto and not use them but because I don't admit it (just did) then it cant be true .. :confused:

Most people will not put there hands up and admit to it, its just human nature but when Ent says people are hoarding them I tend to believe him

So ppl hoard them, same like sparkly's.....

But if Entropy is right and ppl do, just read all he says, only half of daily used rosto's is found in game. So if you could plz. explain anyone why s/he should sell his stones, which they probably keep for later use, ( according to some they will all end up PK'ing on a sertain a/d) if they can be pretty sure that by the time they need them there wont be enough in game.

I admit i had 13 rosto's at a time, and i still regret i sold some :omg: now i have none, just managed to buy a few for crazy prize, I admit i have a lot of EFE, EWE, and used to have a lot of ELE too, but ... all ELE are used (a CoL takes 6 !!) and the EWE will be used someday too same as EFE, therefor i don't sell them and i wont sell any stone either. I had more than 130 :confused: stones at a sertain time and once i started mixing (and failing) stuff they just slip out of your hands.

So I suggest, just do as i do, train in cheap gear or hope your db wont be found by anyone else but you.

about the PK... just like you (the pk'ers) always do on NDD, teamup and fight in pacts on easy victims who most likely wont have a rosto either.

:edit: typo's

Edited by Walt-Her

So I suggest, just do as i do, train in cheap gear or hope your db wont be found by anyone else but you.

about the PK... just like you (the pk'ers) always do on NDD, teamup and fight in pacts on easy victims who most likely wont have a rosto either.

:edit: typo's

I do train in cheap gear . degraded tit chain and aug pants... and I dont fight things above my level and know how to train so shock horror I dont die.. The only time I normally lose rosts are invasions or pking.. and I wouldnt lose them in pk if I was a chicken and dissed/teled from stronger ppl but where is the fun in always running ?

just like you (the pk'ers) always do on NDD, teamup and fight in pacts on easy victims who most likely wont have a rosto either.

Bit uncalled for in this thread no one has flamed yet.. and I try not to attack n00bs let alone fight them in pacts packs (while erma is picking up on spelling)

off topic: Maybe if you expect all players who pk to be ebul bastards we should all act like it, and I should stop leaving harvers and merc collectors alone

Back to topic

Edited by conavar

I didn't meant it to be personal, if you feel like that, sorry.

But... when we all are bothered about few things..

Why are others always trying to tell what to do?

I dont pk or it must be on a ndd, why? Because i am a n00b for that part of the game.

I hoard stuff, why? because its mine, i worked hard for it or was just lucky enough to find it, but i hoard with a reason, I use it, and most of the time for my own use, and here's why, Because its not worth to make stuff for fighters, they don't even pay the cost of ings if i would buy them and flame if any manuer/mixer/potter try to make a little gc to buy new ings from lower lvl's so they dont have to spent hours making low lvl. stuf like fe etc.

And now, i bought few rosto's and sold them again so the few i kept for myself are just ~16k and i can go safely train in on mobs i can when i use my CoL.

And ques what I just checked rraisa and there are already bots selling Rosto's again.. So maby this whole topic did have a purpose :confused:

maybe there will be more sparkly's on the market too so ppl wont have to keep them all in there storage for later use because of the big change there wont be any when they need them.

And ques what I just checked rraisa and there are already bots selling Rosto's again.. So maby this whole topic did have a purpose :confused:

lol true or made it worse .. Thor and Lilandra have had 57 rost's on them (between the two) the past 2 days and they are all gone and as far as I know there hasnt been that much pk action....

edit:

and I will be a man about it and hold my hands up and say that maybe pkers can be part of the problem if they have 50+ rost's in sto

Edited by conavar

Thor and Lilandra have had 57 rost's on them (between the two) the past 2 days and they are all gone and as far as I know there hasnt been that much pk action....

Ask the owners if PKers bought them. :confused:

Nothing has been ment to be specifically aimed at harvers , but at all players.. WHY hoard what you dont use/need and that goes for rost's , efe , serp stones, etc etc etc . isnt it better for the whole game that if you dont use an item let someone have it who does ? or is that to much like common sense ?

I think it's more idealism than common sense. Yes it would be nice if everyone automatically shared the toys of the game and traded what they don't need right now, but as Khalai said, there's no way you can force people to get rid of what is properly theirs by right of having found or bought it. And like many people have said, there are many reasons why people collect things in storage rather than use or trade them. Some reasons you don't like, but others (like planning to use them later) you can't argue with. People own the things in their storage and have a right to keep them if they like.

The only way to end hoarding would be for Radu to wipe storages, but that would not put more rostos into the market, it would just take them out of the game. That would not solve your problem of rostos being hard to get.

I think this place already exists (no need to hunt). It's Tahraji Desert, and is setup as "old-school PK" (Rostos don't work, etc). That should (in theory) limit the amount of high-end gear being used.

Right, I forgot about that. A map with no rostos would certainly solve the not-enough-rostos issue. :confused:

EDIT to add:

edit:

and I will be a man about it and hold my hands up and say that maybe pkers can be part of the problem if they have 50+ rost's in sto

But I would think, of all players in the game, hardcore PKers should be collecting the most rostos, because they'll use them the most and might have slow fight days where they don't use many or big fight days where they use more than expected -- that is, if they're going to use them at all. :confused:

Edited by peino

If you use yours or not I havent a clue, but by your logic that if people dont post and admit they hoard without intent to use then they dont exist ! then surely there isnt a problem with hoarding of any kind .. Efe's nope no problems there.. binding stones ermm nope all fine.. I might have 1000EFE's in sto and not use them but because I dont admit it (just did) then it cant be true .. :icon13:

Well, let me put it this way:

I said: if Ted and Joe go into a pub do they drink beer in there?

You said: lots of people drink beer in pubs.

That simply doesn't answer the question about Ted and Joe.

And I didn't say they don't exist, I asked whether they exist. I want to see somebody with lots of rostogols and without single items worth more than 20k that don't intend to own items worth more than 20k at some point.

As for my "hoarding": I use my rostogols and besides the facts that I don't sell rostogols (ask the guy that won the lottery I spiced up: I added a rostogol to the prize because he needed one and I wouldn't sell) and I don't need money there's no reason to want to enjoy moronic market participants as described by Zamirah's post on page 1.

edit: Erma can you honestly put your hand on your heart and say that you believe that no one in EL hoards for profit?

Oh I am sure, there are people that hoard for profit but rostogols aren't well suited for that (seeing that the price has been pretty much stable over the last 2.5 years) and at current shop and market prices EFEs or bindings aren't either, I'd say.

Why bother if you don't need gc, I had lots of gc untill I started buy nexus and never sold any rostos, efes or other stones.

No difference for me, if I had 1 mill or 5 mill gc in storage.

Exactly. EFEs are shiny and I like to have them in my storage. Some day they might have use for me. If I had removal stone, I would sell it because prices are only going down. But if something is needed, selling it would be stupid.

I think it's more idealism than common sense. Yes it would be nice if everyone automatically shared the toys of the game and traded what they don't need right now, but as Khalai said, there's no way you can force people to get rid of what is properly theirs by right of having found or bought it. And like many people have said, there are many reasons why people collect things in storage rather than use or trade them. Some reasons you don't like, but others (like planning to use them later) you can't argue with. People own the things in their storage and have a right to keep them if they like.

I think this place already exists (no need to hunt). It's Tahraji Desert, and is setup as "old-school PK" (Rostos don't work, etc). That should (in theory) limit the amount of high-end gear being used.

Right, I forgot about that. A map with no rostos would certainly solve the not-enough-rostos issue. :)

Maybe your right maybe it is idealism on my part, but I try to play the game in what I think is a fare way for all. If I dont use/need an item that is used by others ingame I get rid of it. maybe Im the stupid one for doing that :icon13:

TD map

Well for the countless reasons given in countless threads/posts that is not going to happen, yes for low/mid level players like myself it does limit what gear you wear in TD but for the odd Uber player who knows he has little chance of dying even against multiple opponents (yes they still exist after the cap and TD helps them because lower players cant use summon stones) then wearing there full armour isnt a problem

so pr0 in armour + mid players in leather = no fun for lower players

I play at lot of sports and its not all about winning its about being competative and if you cant compete on a level playing field ( even if you still might get your ass handed to you by a better player) then people are not going to compete, and for that reason unless an item/nexus cap is used TD will always be empty. Im not saying its right but thats the way it is

( personally I would love nothing more than all pkers to use augs/or chain armour, save us all a lot of money)

off topic: I wasnt pking at the time that people wanted an old school pk map . It seemed to stem from players wanting drops. which is fine , until you realise players only want drops if there is no risk of themselves dropping items.

Myself I dont care about drops to me pking is taking on a "human" players with all there quirks and differences, mobs are all very well but one fluff fights the same as the 1k fluffs before it

@ peino

I know you have said you dislike the mass combat aspect of pk and prefer pvp or pvm , is the pvp you do combative ? ( ie a chance to die) if not I think you should try it, imo it will suit your sense of strategy

on topic:

But also all because Ted and Joe dont admit to drinking beer doesnt mean they didnt :)

I think this line of the convo is going in circles erma lol we can both answer each other with "ted and joe" comments and in a way we are both right

edit: fixed quotes :)

Edited by conavar

off topic: I wasnt pking at the time that people wanted an old school pk map . It seemed to stem from players wanting drops. which is fine , until you realise players only want drops if there is no risk of themselves dropping items.

Myself I dont care about drops to me pking is taking on a "human" players with all there quirks and differences, mobs are all very well but one fluff fights the same as the 1k fluffs before it

@ peino

I know you have said you dislike the mass combat aspect of pk and prefer pvp or pvm , is the pvp you do combative ? ( ie a chance to die) if not I think you should try it, imo it will suit your sense of strategy

Here is how I would prefer to PvP but never get a chance to:

1- Avoid extreme differences in levels, if possible. This requires people to share their levels/stats. I'm not going to willingly enter into a PvP without knowing the opponent's stats.

2- Do not care all that much about equipment. Use it or don't, whatever, ho hum, I don't care. If we want the PvP to be even, we can agree on equipment beforehand, just like agreeing on the terms of a duel.

3- Do not worry about dying, regardless of whether the fight is competitive/combative or not.

-- If the fight is non-competitive and is just about gaining exp, then if you can diss when exp runs out and restart, then that is a good idea. But if it fails or the timing is off, and one person dies, that's not a problem, as long as the fight was fair.

-- But if the fight is competitive and is about win or lose, then it's "to the death" as far as I'm concerned. It's not like death is permanent. Death is how you determine who won and who lost.

4- I don't worry about DBs. If I get one, I will return it even though it's mine by right of combat, because I don't want your dented old stuff that has your germs all over it. :(:lipssealed: (Unless, of course, you are my mortal enemy, in which case I'll leave your worthless junk lying where you died, and let you worry about getting it back.) If you get my DB, you won it fair and square, so you can keep it if you like. I won't be wearing gear I don't want to risk losing, so you might be disappointed.

5- Do not waste time or money on rostos. DBs are the trophies for victories, and if you lose, then you should lose...something. That's my opinion. There are circumstance (like hydro harvesting) where rostos should be used, though.

6- Here's what I don't like: Being jumped in arenas by people I was not fighting with and who are OBVIOUSLY way too strong or better equipped than me, just because they can and they think it's funny to keep me from training. That pisses me off. My personal opinion is that they should save that shit for the PK maps.

7- Actually, I would prefer the competitive/combat/win-lose/to-the-death kind of PvP because who can be bothered to worry about dissing at the right time over and over? But people get so het up about killing and dying and who did what with whose DB, and "Oh, no, not my CoL, you brute!!" -- FEH! Life is too short for all that drama. If you're not ready to die, stay out of PK, I say. (But as things stand now, it might be better to say stay out of PK if you're not ready to listen to a bunch of whining, moaning and complaining. :D)

EDIT to add: If I had my way, and if I wasn't the only person in EL who played this way, my long-term goals would be to become the most deadly duelist in EL, as well as the most accomplished monster-killer and richest trader. War-schmar, I'm not interested in silly running-around random attacking PK behavior. But a nice, planned, vicious, deadly mano-a-mano duel to the death between opponents who at least think they are the other's equal -- yeah, that's more my scene. Too bad for me it isn't anyone else's.

EDIT TO BRING BACK TO TOPIC: So, when it comes to rostos, if I were a hydro or merc harvester, I would definitely keep as many rostos as I could in storage, so I can use them to protect my goods in PK maps. And I might use them in monster fighting, especially if I was going after something above my level. But I would never use them in PvP/PK. Since I don't harv in PK maps, and I don't have anything I can't afford to replace if a mob breaks/takes it, I sell every rosto I get, but that might change someday.

Edited by peino

But also all because Ted and Joe dont admit to drinking beer doesnt mean they didnt :)

I think this line of the convo is going in circles erma lol we can both answer each other with "ted and joe" comments and in a way we are both right

No. You simply don't get it, sorry :)

people die and the rostos gets used like always :) only that perhaps people have been dying more :)

I disagree.

After the cap was in place (which also conincided with the pk server), people die less (or die with a rosto less).

No. You simply don't get it, sorry :)

Maybe its you who doesnt get it :) and its ok no need to say sorry I let you off :)

and to answer you question if you want to be anal about it...

No I cannot prove that they drank beer.... BUT you cannot prove that they didnt ( and by your weird logic they can drink beer till it comes out there ears but if they dont admit to it then they didnt do it :) )

( which is what I ment about the convo going in circles .. and both being right . nothing can be proved either way true ? )

maybe there arnt hoarders out there who dont intend to use there rost's but you cannot say that there isnt .

Im man enough to admit that there may not (doudt it) be "hoarders for profit" out there . are you man enough to admit there might be ? :)

*Back to intelligent convo*

people die and the rostos gets used like always :D only that perhaps people have been dying more :D

I disagree.

After the cap was in place (which also conincided with the pk server), people die less (or die with a rosto less).

Was thinking about that earlier, could it be that more rost's are lost in the 2 invasion per week we have , now that they have moved from NDD

Edited by conavar

Ok, thats all nice and good talking about the rostos, but there are some facts.

First: There is an actual amount of rostos in game: The rostos players have.

Second: There is an actual amount of rostos in game: The rostos players have and dont *USE*. So those rostos do nothing but catching dust in storage.

Third: There is, of course, a danger for the economy, when all players decide to sell all their rostos at the same time. The price for rostos will go down, probalby. Thats called a market. Thats life, thats how economy works.

So, if somebody starts to sell his/her rostos for cheap prices and you think, you must do the same, because someone sells rostos for low prizes, youre just an idiot.

Your option still is to keep the rostos and sell them later. When you can sell them for a better price.

But if you think that you have to follow the so called *market* and sell them, thats really your problem.

You can just do what happens at all the stock markets, behave like a brainless idiot, and lose a lot of money.

Or you can think.

Its all up to you.

And no worry about rostos ;)

Piper

This thread so reminds me the one regarding 'the evil EFE hoarders'. I don't understand why people keep looking into others' storages >.<