Eternal Lands Official Forums
conavar

Where Have The Rost's Gone ?

But to add something to the topic:

But I don't get it? This thread seems to be ridiculous. If you want something and nobody is going to sell you for the price you offered, you have two options left. Either step back from the deal, or throw some more gold to the trade pile. If nobody would sell you rostogols for 16k or 17k or what are they at the moment, then you need to pay 18k or even 20k or be without rostogol. Simple situation to me.

True you dont. because you missed the point :icon13:

I wasnt asking for cheap rost's I was asking where they had all gone !!!. no bots had them, no one selling on market even for 20k

Every time I tried to sell, did people want them for 15k because it's what I would get if I sold to a bot - I wanted 16k.

And i traded them to sell in game, but gave up after some weeks, so only demand for rostos for 15k.

I can understand your point and I have always thought myself that rost's are atleast 16k and I wouldnt expect to pay less than that.

I normally buy from bots because its easier and I regularly pay 17.5k each which is fine by me

note: to those others who might miss the point.. this post wasnt about the cost of rost's but how avaialbe they are ingame

I have got to admit that I agree with the point made by Khalai:

If nobody would sell you rostogols for 16k or 17k or what are they at the moment, then you need to pay 18k or even 20k or be without rostogol. Simple situation to me.

I don't think he did miss the point, and I don't think you are after cheap rosto's either. The simple fact is that if you want things and no-one is selling at the price you offer (even if it is current market PC quotes) then there are 2 options:

1. The item isn't available for sale by anyone who is online at the moment (how often have we seen this problem?!)
  2. Increase the price you offer for someone who might be tempted to sell the rosto/whatever for the increased price

I hold a few rosts and am not a PKer and will hold onto any more that I find when harvesting rather than selling them (although if friends need them, then I give freely) and if I got more than 5, then I would have no shame in holding them. I use them when I am training in the few items of expensive armour I own as I don't want to lose it - SR cooldown gets the trainers too.....

Edited by Matty27

. The simple fact is that if you want things and no-one is selling at the price you offer (even if it is current market PC quotes)

[*]The item isn't available for sale by anyone who is online at the moment (how often have we seen this problem?!)

[*]Increase the price you offer for someone who might be tempted to sell the rosto/whatever for the increased price

I hold a few rosts and am not a PKer and will hold onto any more that I find when harvesting rather than selling them (although if friends need them, then I give freely) and if I got more than 5, then I would have no shame in holding them. I use them when I am training in the few items of expensive armour I own as I don't want to lose it - SR cooldown gets the trainers too.....

All very well, but I posted a simple question because recently there have been times when no rost's are avaiable from bots at all for any price and im not just talking the odd one or 2 bots... and I totally agree if I posted on chan 3 " buying rosto for 30k " someone would sell me one, but paying a fare price and paying stupid prices are 2 differant things.

and players such as yourself who keep rost's in stock because they use them.. is fine, we all do that

Edited by conavar

but paying a fair price and paying stupid prices are 2 differant things.

Question is, what is a fair and what is a stupid price.

If you use a rosto to protect your leather armor and wooden shield, well...

If you use a rosto to protect gear worth more than half a million gc, is, lets say, 30k gc per rosto a stupid price?

Whats better? Losing 30k gc or 500k gc?

Piper

but paying a fair price and paying stupid prices are 2 differant things.

Question is, what is a fair and what is a stupid price.

If you use a rosto to protect your leather armor and wooden shield, well...

If you use a rosto to protect gear worth more than half a million gc, is, lets say, 30k gc per rosto a stupid price?

Whats better? Losing 30k gc or 500k gc?

Piper

Well basing the rosto price on how much they cost in the el shop and gc to $ rate .. a fare price is 20k imo

edit : but any rosto found ingame harv/drop .to me is free cash.. which is why if I find stones and dont use them I sell at a good price eg: I find a serp stone and sell it for 1.5k (well under market price but still 1.5k profit for me)

but thats just me and Ive never been greedy when selling items

edit 2 : save posting straight after kidberg

"And the buyers do not set the price if you refuse to sell for the price they want it at."

or the fighters/trainers have to increase the price of what they sell mob drops for in order to cover the cost....lose lose situation

Edited by conavar

We are trying to revive pk and people want the rosto price to increase :icon13:

Yea ok, say the price was 30k, its better to lose that than 500k worth of stuff but that 30k add's up to the point were pk gets too expensive to compete with ------> leading to a decline in pk once again. Conavar said he lost 2 rostos in one day. 32k isnt as bad to restore as 60k.

And the buyers do not set the price if you refuse to sell for the price they want it at.

Edited by Kidberg

but if rostos are made cheaper ppl wont get any drops anymore either, and therefor armor breakrate is way to high to replace since theres no real good way (except shop) to make decent gc anymore.

easy :icon13:

ye myself, i dont understand why people who never pk, and rarely train need 50 rostos in storage, or even more then 5 :icon13: instead of selling them to peaceful pkers :w00t:

ye myself, i dont understand why people who never pk, and rarely train need 50 rostos in storage, or even more then 5 :w00t: instead of selling them to peaceful pkers :P

Well, yet you may not understand them, you can't force them to sell them either :icon13:

(and to prevent some misunderstandings, I own 3 rostogols, so I do not consider myself a hoarder)

ye myself, i dont understand why people who never pk, and rarely train need 50 rostos in storage, or even more then 5 :Pinstead of selling them to peaceful pkers :D

Bit of a contradiction in terms?

However, I think it is like any high cost low availability item. People naturally hoard them for future use , OR as part of their rainy day fund. If you can afford to keep it you do so.

When you need the cash for whatever, you have items that are high priced and in huge demand.

since theres no real good way (except shop) to make decent gc anymore.

i can go against that ..... been playing to long and struggeled for gc so long yet within the last 2 months i've gained more gc than ever before in el without the use of shop

also if i remember correctly when rostos 1st came in they were rare as the idea was not everybody would have them and thats how it was for quite some time.

as far as i can see maybe it would be an idea just to pk with diss/tele in cheaper armor than having to show off with flashy therms/other magic weps and full dragon set, even tho i can understand fully how it makes it easier with that sort of set up. but from experience i seem to as good as most players that use col with only 90 life not sure why tho :P

I buy from shop every now and then. Getting full price has never been an issue. Never sell for less then 15.5k to any bot. But will go as low as 15k for a guildie. 16k for everyone else this is fair price.

Most the people that hoard the stones are not pkers. Most i did think understand that pk is what makes a game. The econony circles around pk. there would be no need for armor, most essenses, a few rings, weapons and probly over half of the manufatured items are bought by pkers. If no pk nothing brakes. If nothing brakes then why would we need manufactures or crafters.

Basically i feel that if your hoarding stones your hurting the rest of the community. You might be happy harvesting and looking at flowers. But that will only take a game so far.

Edited by Scorpion_King

I think people hoard em :D

But overall I think they should either ban them completely. Change em.

Or sell at a NPC in c2 magic shop :P

Well i lost 2 rosts this week and it took me 1-2 mins to find 10 rostos... No point for this thread. If you want to find a rost, you find it :P

Yeah, ppl tend to hord them, and you know what? I feel somehow happy that i know that i have 9 rostos in storage and can use or sell them when i feel so.

So let them rot there or catch dust, they dont really affect the economy. I will use/sell them, when i want, and if not, who cares. Stuff in storage just catches dust, until the owner decides to sell it. And for rostos, i guess, most ppl are happy that they have them, but wont throw hundreds of them into market at once.

Well, my personal thoughts.

Piper

Well i lost 2 rosts this week and it took me 1-2 mins to find 10 rostos... No point for this thread. If you want to find a rost, you find it :P

like I posted earlier I got some in the end after someone was good enough to buy from shop and put them on there bot.. but saturday/sunday couldnt find one for love nor money

btw Thor bot had 17 an hour ago has now 1 left .. so really down to luck when you log on i suppose ( and if you beat the hoarders to them :D )

Edited by conavar

We are trying to revive pk and people want the rosto price to increase :P

I am somehow confused too everytime when it comes to talks about PKing.

Ok, i am not that pr0 pker for sure, but when i hear all those arguments, that pking is too expensive, why do you all (or a lot of you) think, that you must go PKing with your finest gear?

Why not just grab a big club with a nail at its top and go and whack your enemies ass?

Why do you need expensive armor and weapons?

Why cant you just go with cheap armor and weapons and try to kill your enemies?

Its you who sets the point of time when the battle happens, not your enemy. So you have the advantage to start the fight and be prepared with stuff like damage rings, summoning stones and a sword weild while your enemy is boxing ogres for examples.

So, why is everybody whining on the main server about pk is dead, when youre not even willing to rislk a leather armor and a cheap sword and try to pk another player?

*moves back to pk server and picks peacefully some flowers*

Piper

We are trying to revive pk and people want the rosto price to increase :P

I am somehow confused too everytime when it comes to talks about PKing.

Ok, i am not that pr0 pker for sure, but when i hear all those arguments, that pking is too expensive, why do you all (or a lot of you) think, that you must go PKing with your finest gear?

Why not just grab a big club with a nail at its top and go and whack your enemies ass?

Why do you need expensive armor and weapons?

Why cant you just go with cheap armor and weapons and try to kill your enemies?

Its you who sets the point of time when the battle happens, not your enemy. So you have the advantage to start the fight and be prepared with stuff like damage rings, summoning stones and a sword weild while your enemy is boxing ogres for examples.

So, why is everybody whining on the main server about pk is dead, when youre not even willing to rislk a leather armor and a cheap sword and try to pk another player?

Piper

Dont really want to get into a deep pking convo here.. but like many have said before ..

Your idea is fine and perfect IF everyone pk's in leathers !!! but as soon as one person turns up in full tit armour then to stand any chance you need to do the same. its a vicious circle..

bit like the problem you are having/were having (dont know if you fixed it) on the pk server with summons stones.. to compete with players who have them you need them yourself .. and is everyone willing to stop using them ?

Edited by conavar

I don't understand one thing: in which way hoarding rostos hurt the economy? Ok, when it comes to efes hoarding may hurt, as Entropy sees there are a lot in game and lowers the rate when in fact most of those efes may never enter the market. But rostos can be only harvested or bought from the shop, and I've never heard Ent ever changed the rate on them.

All those whiners in this thread remind me of children screaming "he has a toy and I don't, I want it NOW!" and that doesn't seem right to me. If a peaceful harvester decides he wants to keep 10 rostos hi mined "because they're shiny" - it's his right to do so.

Getting rostos may be a problem now as many "shoppers" went to PK server, but we have to manage somehow. Maybe we'll see more people training (or PKing?) in leather armors?

And last but not least: EL is not only about PK, it's important part of the game, but not the only one, so dear PKers, please don't consider yourself a center of the world (that's a general statement, not only about this thread).

Edited by Lotheneil

To people saying rostos/pk doesn't affect the economy:

Face facts and understand that ScorpionKing's post is the truth.

This game revolves around PK, most of the wares mixers produce are for use in PK.

If mixers who very rarely lose a rosto are hoarding them (5+ in sto), they are decreasing the amount of PK, and that will decrease the amount of trading going on.

And those of u who've posted with smug attitudes of "i'll hoard if i feel like like it, i dont care what other people think i should do"... thanks for helping to screw up PK [/sarcasm] ...and i hope when you finally realise how much of an effect PK being active has on artisan product sales you wake up and start selling your rostos.

Do you have to, or have a moral obligation to sell your rostos? No.

Should you sell them for the general good of the game? Yes.

To the people saying to fight in cheaper armor and not use rosto:

Hell no. My PK score would plummet, i'd have people half my levels killing me.

You will NEVER get absolutely everyone to wear cheaper armors in PK (as Conavar already said), so this answer simply is not viable.

Should you sell them for the general good of the game? Yes.

Just a quick note before lunch:

You'd support the game even more if you don't sell them, as that means more would have to be bought in the shop, thus ensuring everybody's continued enjoyment of this game :medieval:

This game revolves around PK, most of the wares mixers produce are for use in PK.

Quote of the Week? :medieval:

S.

PS: I mean, you are joking, right?

@Erma

Unless the current group of players are not in the financial position to buy from the shop :medieval:

@Spleen

Shall we start listing every game item and their uses?

I think you'll find "PK", will be the answer to MANY.

EDIT: You cant possibly be denying that at least fighting, and for a good part, PK is what most items in this game are used towards.

Manu:

- Armors/Weps - Fighting/PK.

Summoning:

- Actual summoning and stones - Fighting/PK

Crafting:

- Combat Rings - PK

- Tele rings - PK/get people around to make more wares

- CoL - PK/Fighting and Harvesting/Mixing with shrooms to make other wares.

- Medallions - Fighting/PK

Magic:

- Most spells for Fighting/PK, others to get u around to make more wares

Potions:

- Pretty much all related to combat, most only useful in PK

Engineering:

- Mines, etc. - PK

- Indicators so u know best times to fight / make wares

Tailoring:

- Posing

- Capes - mostly enhances combat

Alch/Harv:

- raw materials to make all the stuff for fighters/pk'ers

Come now, PK'ing is what everything leads back to... the only cases it doesn't, is the people leveling a/d who are never going to PK, and most people, even if originally they said they'd never PK, they will start if they get to really high a/d.

Most items are for fighting/pk, or making the items required to make the fighting/PK items.. or getting around to get the resources for these items.

The game is about combat, all skills support combat. Most end products made are for combat.

PK is the pinnacle of combat in EL.

Edited by Korrode

I am not denying fighting/training/hacking at hard critters for fun is what the bulk of mixed items are used for. I am however denying your assertion that the bulk of produced items are for PK'ing exclusively, which is implied with phrases such as "revolves around" and "for use in"

I get that you like pking, please also get that some of us can take it or leave it, and others still want no part of it. I have a handful of rosts as you know, and I see them more as something I can use either while training, or while hacking at things above my weight class for fun, or while out and about in unsafe maps as an insurance policy against invasions or bad misclicks, or even as an emergency money source if I get strapped for cash.

Rosts are not the sole preserve of PKers. Getting pissy at others who have other designs on items they have other than for use in PK does not help your cause.

S.

I edited and added stuff while u were posting, but your response pretty much stands anyway.

If u get to 120 a/d and you're not PK'ing Spleen, i'll eat my hat... my nice red one.

EDIT:

btw to be clear, i'm not saying people cant play EL and have a very enjoyable experience and never ever fight.

Of course they can... but imo it's still in the best interests of those people to sell rostos to PK'ers if they have many of them.

EDIT2:

I have a handful of rosts as you know, and I see them more as something I can use either while training, or while hacking at things above my weight class for fun, or while out and about in unsafe maps as an insurance policy against invasions or bad misclicks, or even as an emergency money source if I get strapped for cash.

Rosts are not the sole preserve of PKers. Getting pissy at others who have other designs on items they have other than for use in PK does not help your cause.

But how many rostos do u go through?

At least look at your rosto usage for the last 6 months and sell as is appropriate.

If you only lost 3 rostos in the last 6 months, do u really need more than 6 in sto atm?

EDIT3: well i seem to be aggressively ranting a lot in the forums recently, and not getting my points across well... not that i dont think all my points are right, of course they are (:medieval:), but no point if i cant get them across well...

Think i'll just leave the forums alone for a few weeks, bye all.

(with the only exception being the Nara tournament thread)

Edited by Korrode