Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Combat Formulas

I was thinking of adding some of the combat formulas to the CEL site. But I thought it best to see what everyone is using before I did so.

Combat = Reaction + Toughness + Dexterity + 1/2 Matter + 3/4 Attack + 3/4 Defense

What other formulas do you use?

Creature Attack?

Creature Defense?

How much Attack xp earned?

How much Defense xp earned?

Creature Attack?

Creature Defense?

You're asking how to determine a monster's a/d?

Without God

For attack:

(exp_per_dodge - (rat / 3 rounded down to whole number) + your_def_level) / 2 = monster_attack_level

For defense:

(exp_per_hit - (rat / 3 rounded down to whole number) + your_att_level) / 2 = monster_defense_level

With God at rank 5

For attack:

(exp_per_dodge / 1.2 - (rat / 3 rounded down to whole number) + your_def_level) / 2 = monster_attack_level

For defense:

(exp_per_hit / 1.2 - (rat / 3 rounded down to whole number) + your_att_level) / 2 = monster_defense_level

--------------------

How much Attack xp earned?

How much Defense xp earned?

Without God

For attack:

monster_def_level + (monster_def_level - your_att_level) + (rat / 3 rounded down to whole number) = exp_per_hit

For defense:

monster_att_level + (monster_att_level - your_def_level) + (rat / 3 rounded down to whole number) = exp_per_dodge

With God at rank 5

For attack:

(monster_def_level + (monster_def_level - your_att_level) + (rat / 3 rounded down to whole number)) * 1.2 = exp_per_hit

For defense:

(monster_att_level + (monster_att_level - your_def_level) + (rat / 3 rounded down to whole number)) * 1.2 = exp_per_dodge

--------------------

Oh, and great idea adding some calculations such as CL and these to the CEL site, Ghrae :P

Edited by Korrode

I have those formulas - but it's nice to know I'm using the same ones players are using.

I didn't phrase it correctly, but the question was more about - what do you actually use. Are people using them? Are there other formulas they want to use?

Are there other formulas they want to use?

It would be nice to know formulas about cross-attribute effects. Something like how much damage is absorbed for every point of toughness, damage dealt for every point of might and so on...trying to figure it out next time i'll have some pp to spend.

What do you mean by "use"? In what context? Where?

What other formulas? Do you mean ones listed on your site?

I don't get it.

S.

What formulas do you use in the game? If any? Do you ever have to calculate something? Something that an online calculator could help you with? Especially in regards to combat?

Amounts of HE and SR for a given carry capacity with/without positive food level or fast regeneration perk (and average training time). Possibly also including AE for training monsters with ethereal points for a given average "drain".

Amounts of HE and SR for a given carry capacity with/without positive food level or fast regeneration perk (and average training time). Possibly also including AE for training monsters with ethereal points for a given average "drain".

Didn't someone already make such calculator? I am sure I have seen it on forum.

I always compared exp given by monsters to exp that players give while fighting them( exp per dodge and exp per each succesfull hit), never used any special formulas :medieval:

Formula about HE/SRS:

If ur food lvl is negative its always 5 srs needed for 16 he( so 50 srs for 160 he and so, remember to take into account ur natural mana points :)

If ur lvl is positive u need to do some tests alone coz it will never be perfect, too many possibilities( creature stats u fight, ur astro, ur stats, ur armors, if u use fr cape or not, if u train on double spawn or singe one, if u sometimes go afk, etc etc)

mp

I would like to know how much mana you can drain from animals/monsters.

I know fchim are 50 mana, mchims are 0 mana and cockas are 0 mana.

Edited by Zamirah

desert chim 50 mana, forest chim 50 mana, yeti 50 mana, giant 50 mana

white tiger 30 mana, large spider 30 mana, black/grizzly bear 30 mana

no other creatures with mana around :medieval:

Didn't someone already make such calculator? I am sure I have seen it on forum.

Yes, I know, forgot to add that to the post and didn't have time to edit it. There's a tool somewhere, that does this except for the AE part if it wasn't changed since I looked. I think Bloodsucker made it, I could be wrong though :medieval:

desert chim 50 mana, forest chim 50 mana, yeti 50 mana, giant 50 mana

white tiger 30 mana, large spider 30 mana, black/grizzly bear 30 mana

no other creatures with mana around :medieval:

Can you verify white tiger? CEL site showing 45 mana.

I would like to know how much mana you can drain from animals/monsters.

I know fchim are 50 mana, mchims are 0 mana and cockas are 0 mana.

And the site does tell you how much mana they have in the creature details. Where else would you like to see the info?

And the site does tell you how much mana they have in the creature details. Where else would you like to see the info?

Sorry. I have only checked where all creatures are listed.

Can you verify white tiger? CEL site showing 45 mana.

After "magic" update my mana drain isnt strong enough to suck off 45 mana, but i checked today and i drained 31 poins from white tiger, so u might be right.

While u can drain same fc/dc/yeti/giant few times till its 0 mana u cant do that with tigers, u can only drain them 1 time, if u have max or almost max rationality maybe u can check their max mana, i couldnt :medieval:

I don't mind using the Opponent A/D and A/D xp formulas - they're fairly common and public.

But I don't want to use formulas from other people's websites unless I have permission. If Bloodsucker gives permission, then I'd be glad to include it.

As for blood suckers calculators:

http://el.jumapol.pl/calc/sr_he.html

(Check out his other calculators and maps as well, they're all pro :icon13:)

site doesnt work

a proper link to these is Bloodsucker calculators

however, calculators haven't been moved to the new site, so they do not work :-(

Edited by Cruella

For testing: http://www.el-cel.com/info/combat.php

If you have suggestions about layout, functionality - let me know now.

If something doesn't work, either post all the values you entered or forum PM me the values and I'll debug.

Note: this isn't 100% public so you need the link above - not in menu at this time.