Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lorfy

Lvling in manu

Since the addition of the TG garrison daily quest, the sales of leather helms, leather gloves and leather boots have gone up significantly. I suggest you keep 100 of each in stock at all times. Those items will sell significantly better on Sun Tzu days. You can even cash in yourself from time to time.

After you get good enough of levels for it, steel shields, steel chain, titanium short swords also sell pretty well for the garrison quests. Do NOT make iron chainmail and try to sell it to the folk for the garrison quest. Buy those in WSC instead, if you want to try to sell them to folk.

If you have good enough of a manu level and enough carry capacity to do it well enough, making s2e and selling them for 1050-1100gc each works out pretty well. Some people will buy the bars and FE for this, but the bar prices are crazy lately. I use my profit from s2e mixing to buy more coal (from a bag) and big books of manufacturing.

These are the alternatives that I know of right now for if you don't want to grind your life away on leather helms. Good luck.

To lvl at manu, I'd suggest starting on fox scarves. Avoid fur gloves and save any bunny skins till you're able to make furry boots. Similarly, don't bother with fur cloaks as the price hardly justifies the extra ings and inevitable fails. Save your bones until you can get the 'i eat dead ppl' perk, that way you avoid being poisoned by shrooms, or spending your life in cool-down. Sell your meat, dog skins etc to the bots to increase your profit and help you get useful books sooner.

Making furry boots won't lvl you at manu anywhere near as fast as burning helms, but its much more profitable and much less monotonous. You get to keep more of your hard earned gc to buy the books needed to manu higher-end items as well as those needed to harv and mix the ings that you'll need to manu that stuff. Don't make the mistake of switching to making swords and armour too soon. They're more fun but, at lower manu lvls, you're usually better off selling the ings and buying the items.

The irony of manu is that the high-end stuff isn't usually of much practical use to those who prefer making stuff over killing things/ppl. Hence, its likely that you'll want to switch to making stuff thats actually useful to mixers like meds, rings, indicators etc. It therefore pays to balance your lvling between alc/pot/cra/man, as opposed to focusing solely on manu to the exclusion of other skills.

Edited by themuntdregger

just burn helms at schools day, cheaper and faster leveling than ever

Warning: Excessive helm mixing may cost you your sanity.

How much is your sanity worth to you? :laugh:

Sorry. I figured that disclaimer was a must. At over 1M helms (pretty sure I broke that threshold), it sure has taken a toll on me.

just burn helms at schools day, cheaper and faster leveling than ever

Warning: Excessive helm mixing may cost you your sanity.

How much is your sanity worth to you? :laugh:

Sorry. I figured that disclaimer was a must. At over 1M helms (pretty sure I broke that threshold), it sure has taken a toll on me.

Definitely have to agree with nathan on that one. My last levels I did mostly in the school on schools day. If I could do it all over again, I would have done a lot more s2e's instead of the helms. But I was full tilt at getting to #1 and then...as the few people still around here that knew me already know...I burned out and crashed :)

The best advice I can give is to level any skill in a way that keeps the game fun for you. As soon as you start to feel stressed/pressured or if it starts to not be fun anymore then take a look at how you're doing things. Make adjustments to keep things fun and not so much of a grind.

The best advice I can give is to level any skill in a way that keeps the game fun for you. As soon as you start to feel stressed/pressured or if it starts to not be fun anymore then take a look at how you're doing things. Make adjustments to keep things fun and not so much of a grind.

That's wise advice. I stopped levelling Engineering when I was #3 explicitly to avoid "being sucked into" the #1 race! :)

I had learnt from CelticLady's signature... "No more leather helms" :D

Yes after some certain amount of levels its not worth to waste much more gc in that skill.

I mix from time to time high level items, mostly for friends. Those hardly sell and there is hardly a market if you dont have a tradebot.

General Rule here: Dont mix what you dont need (or want to keep) or cant sell in less a day ...