Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ateh

Price of Great Swords Dropped ?

So yeh here I am making my first few cuttys and I notice something , no one wants to buy them for 22k anymore ?

I dont understand , OK so theres been a thousand discussions on why things are priced the way they are yeh yeh anyway

Ingredients of Cutty = 2 wolfram bars lets say 16kgc ( 8k each fair price ) , one binding stone 6.5 or 7kgc

Not including the other things cos whatever , they are just easy and inexpensive to get.

So we sit at a total of about 22.5-23kgc to make a cutty. The last best price of 22kgc meant you might as well sell the wolfram bars because you werent even going to get your money back on the cutty.

Now i ask a price check on market and get two replys of 20-21kgc . Thats taking the **** you know.

When and why has the price of a great sword dropped to this ? wtf ? Its not going to stop me making them, I failed and lost the ingredients on 5 before I made the first one , but come on people ! Continually lowering the price of things ( when at the same time ingredients are going up : example serp stones are 3k solid now , if you can bloody find someone selling them ) might be good for the consumer, but not much incentive for makers is it.

Whats the deal here ? Dammit i even posted on market to sell a ctty for 21kgc because I saw a bot selling them for that and what ya gonna do against a bot that can afford to sell them at that ?

* edit * just had a chat with a manu'er who tell me the price is probably something to do with swords that come from somewhere down the chain of production, as in, not the manu'er themselves

* 2nd edit * shall I cry now or save it up and cry when they reach 19k and serp stones are 4k and binding stone 8k?

Edited by Ateh

Cause they break not often, and there are loads ingame...

Was same story with tit serps, they were worth less than a efe, cause of old days.

Not the only items that aren't profitable to made. That's why I've so far made like 5-6 of them. Then people will come and bitch at evil EFE hoarders. Manufacturing isn't profitable:/

* 2nd edit * shall I cry now or save it up and cry when they reach 19k and serp stones are 4k and binding stone 8k?

They won't go under 20kgc, as this is NPC price IIRC...

yeh speaking for myself EL isnt really about profit, I dont want to be sat on a big bag full of millions of GC , it doesnt really turn me on, but to break even might be nice once in awhile

I realise I probably sounded like a moaning wussy in my first post here , but honestly , if at some point serp stones and binding stones go up , and great swords price go down again, then i'll cry a river for you all lol

NCP in emerald valley sells Cutlass for 40k , I dont know which NCP you mean ?

I meant, you don't have to wait, until they reach 19kgc and cry, you can always sell them to this NPC for 20kgc.

He used to but for 20k

I have never been able to sell for more than 22k, the first days they were out.

21k after short time.

I make only for own use now, get wolf bars from yeti and I have still some serp stones from when cyclops dropped a lot.

You also have to consider the chance to make a special version, and the exp you get.

The special version can be worthy indeed, but experience is same if making 35 leather helmets. Making these helmets however costs 1,1kgc instead of 22kgc, means this is twentyfold more expensive method of training. But I guess, you didn't plan these swords for training skill anyway, am I correct? :icon13:

Also, I hope you guys noticed I didn't sell any ehanced stuff from the shop in like 8 months, even though that would have been lots of bricks for me :icon13:

Just get all ingreds of everything u make urself, spend some time gathering stuff to make something, instead of buying the ingreds to make great swords, the loss would be small (since u dont buy anything to make it)..

The market is ruled by people which got a lot of money to spend, thats why binding stones,serp stones and efe's went up that much...

But none of those all HAVE to be bought on market, u can find quite a few serps while fighting monsters, make efe's while making fe's (yes will take a while, but hey u will safe money AGAIN)..

Ok i got no solution for the binding stone, or it must be harv a lot and pray to the gods...

If ur willing to do this, all the stuff u make will be very profitable...

It isn't? Probably not, since u have to make steel longs to get bars etc etc...

Yea this will keep the circle of price whining everlasting...

Getting pretty annoyed of people whining bout selling/buying prices, if u dont got enuff money don't buy, or make urself...

And no i myself are poor as hell, always will be, but u will never hear me whine about prices, i just pay whatever i wanna pay, or just won't buy anything...

But just to satisfy the bunch of all u manufacturers, if i get a binding i will sell it for 6k and if i get a efe i will sell it for 4k now u all just need to be fast enough to be the first buyer..

As long as the price whining will finally STOP!

So yeh here I am making my first few cuttys and I notice something , no one wants to buy them for 22k anymore ?

1st of all - From the time u could manu them( when formula was known public) their price was always 20-21k, and i bought really a lot of them , still got like 7 in storage coz was using thermal till now :D

2nd reason: after 48cap cutlass is pretty sucky sword coz does too little dmg( i sometimes hit with it for 8 dmg to ppl with 40a/d less then me :P

Try to sell jadged sabber for 21k and im sure u will find buyers :)

mp

The special version can be worthy indeed, but experience is same if making 35 leather helmets. Making these helmets however costs 1,1kgc instead of 22kgc, means this is twentyfold more expensive method of training. But I guess, you didn't plan these swords for training skill anyway, am I correct? :)

:huh:

that is when u keep the Cutlass....

if u sell it, the exp costs around the same as the leather helmets, plus u can make a special.

The special version can be worthy indeed, but experience is same if making 35 leather helmets. Making these helmets however costs 1,1kgc instead of 22kgc, means this is twentyfold more expensive method of training. But I guess, you didn't plan these swords for training skill anyway, am I correct? :)

:)

that is when u keep the Cutlass....

if u sell it, the exp costs around the same as the leather helmets, plus u can make a special.

yeh you can make a special blablabla... have u ever noticed how many Cotms or Jsocs are ingame? do u rly think manu is worth doing it? and the comment about "yeh but u also get exp" is funny. even killing fluffies is better gc than manu.

You also have to consider the chance to make a special version, and the exp you get.

wow great, 800exp... if i make 20 leather helms i even get more exp :huh:

1 cutlass gives 800 base exp... the ingredents are 26-27kgc or so, dunno exactly. if you fail a cutlass you lose 27kgc, and the chance to make a cotm is VERY rare

20 leather helms are 900exp.. the ingredents are a bit above the npc buy price, but if you fail 1, you dont care about 20gc loss.

leather helms were profit once, then thread changed to 2gc so you cant make gc with manu in any way except with beeing lucky (special swords).

EDIT: you also need a decent lvl for making cutlass and that stuff, so why should it be worth training manu if all you get is more and more loss? non sense.

Edited by Tempest

Manuers could sell for profit if it weren't for players undercutting prices. You can't blame the NPCs for this, their prices only provide a lower (and upper) bound. This is an MMORPG we're talking about, the game is not supposed to further single player playing styles.

Personally I manu because I like it. I make my own wolf/hydro bars so if anything all I have to buy is serp/bindings....I make a profit and get a huge amount of exp in the process.

Yes it takes longer to get the levels, but I am leveling alch at the same time so no big. I don't exclusively manu, so maybe you will think this point irrelevant, but I think being multi skilled is the best way to make money in game. No I am NOT rich, but I can afford to do the things in game I enjoy so I am happy :huh:

Wolfy

yeh making your own wolf/hydro bars really is the only way to go.

secondly i really didnt realise that great swords have allways been 21kgc ? have i been living in a parralel universe or something :huh:

Also wolfwitch has mad me realise even more that the reason I began trying to make weopons and armor wasnt to make a profit, but because I enjoy the challenge. Thanks for bringing the deeper understanding, I needed to hear that from someone else just to bring it to the forefront of my thinking hehe

Personally I manu because I like it. I make my own wolf/hydro bars so if anything all I have to buy is serp/bindings....I make a profit and get a huge amount of exp in the process.

yeh, if you make all the ings urself. but you get even more profit if you only sell the ingredents. and thats just dumb lol.

I'm new to the game but one of the biggest surprises for me so far was that as you are progressing with your skills your income does not necessarily follows.

Now, I'm absolutely not for making tons of gc ingame, but it would be nice if higher skill was yielding higher income. If you calculate time spent for rising skill, reading books, getting ingredients, etc. it turns out that you would do better financially selling raw materials. Of course that does not influence fun and satisfaction that comes from being able to produce something on your own and overall level increase, but in comparison with other mmorpg's I've been playing EL experience vs. income curve is kinda flat. Just my 2 cents ...

If you calculate time spent for rising skill, reading books, getting ingredients, etc. it turns out that you would do better financially selling raw materials.
This has been true as long as I can remember. Harvesting is the best source of funds (be it flowers to the shop, or raw materials to other players). Alchemy seems to be next. The farther up the chain you go the less money there is to be made. Given the high cost of books and the low profit margins, it's pretty much impossible to get any net profit on higher-level crafting/manu/etc items.

So you make money with harvest/alch to pay for leveling or the fun of making higher-level stuff.

There are some items at the end of the Manufacturing (and crafting, engineering, etc.) that can not be bought from NPCs, so you have less competition.

But the reality is that the cost of the swords is given by the market. Some items players won't buy. And the NPC sales cost of those swords was purposefully made lower than the price of the ingredients, because then people would make an infinite number of them and then there would be an infinite number of special swords (JsoC, etc.)