Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jride04

#kill_bag option

I like to consider myself a decent player. I help out people that are new and show some integrity at working for their stats.

Recently, however....I have noticed the newer players are turning into General Store Vulchers. They sit (hell, they even spawn!) in General stores and circle, waiting for bags to be left so they can move in for the kill. Some of the more obnoxious and greedy ones will even have the audacity to announce when they enter the store "WHO HERE HAVE MAKING TEH PANTZ!" and will annoy the shit out of everyone. Hell, they don't even want to work for it...I.E. run the pants and split the profit...oh no, these bad boys want the whole shebang without working at it. It has gotten so bad, that I even paid a player half his booty to let the bag disappear as he was getting hounded by the same vulchers I see daily and nightly.

Am I selfish? I don't like to think so, and as I tell them when they blatently call manufacture people who dont want to give them freebies, *selfish*, "I made em, I can wipe my bum with em if I want".

I suggest a kill bag option as manufacturing people shouldn't have to put up with jerks hounding them, sitting and standing next to them in hopes they get annoyed and leave, or obnoxious comments to start arguements.

Great idea! this might be needed to help balance the economy in the new version because all the people making leather pants to level up leaving them in a bag and walking away, "mr ive been playing for 5 mins" comes up and takes them, sells to trik, comes back, takes more, sells to trik and so on, till they can afford a Titanium long, its possible, the other day i made about 1000 leather pants thats over 1000 plats, i mean it just aint right!

i have seen it withjride04, they are so annoying and that would be a great idea. that sant there asking if you making leather pants and say

"yea im siting on over 2000"

Thra11 kills his bag

"oh damn i guess there gone :P"

then you watch them leave the store to go find more incent manufactures, and they do the same HAHA that will rule :):D:P:D:P

Sit on the bag, and then go make yourself a ham sandwich or something until the bag disappears.

Heh, that's what I have been doing. I just figured it wouldn't be too hard to implement this, and it would come in handy.

I think it's a good idea, because maybe you dont' have time to sit there waiting for it to dissapear.

Yay...roja agrees :D

It may seem selfish to some, but really....it is so much more distracting when they hover over you like impending doom, or try to start arguements...Id rather type a command, and have it go poof.

I will definately try to help them by letting them run the things, Ill take time out of my manufacturing to do this even.....I will help Guild Members as well....

What I will not do is have someone wait for me to leave so they can get a few hundred k for nothing.

I think if you dont want it then dont kill it. Ever heard of one man's trash is another man's treasure. Just get up and let the noobs have the stuff. It would help the economy yes, but I why waste it. That would be like making a serp you dont want and just deleting it. Not really a good point, but I dont like the idea of deleting stuff. If your that greedy then you need to be forced to sit on a bag for 12 min. Maybe as admin comand to clean up places or something, but not one for the every day player.

Who manufactures every day?

*It causes traffic

*It is annoying

*If they are that lazy to sit and/or spawn in a general store, then yes...I will wait 12 minutes

*It is easy to implement

I had to earn my own money....call it greed, or call it old fashioned disgust. It isn't like making a serp and letting it disappear....If I was making serps, my inventory would be full of 36 of them to trik since they make a profit.

So I guess Eldwen....since you never announced within my earshot that you were making pants and left a free bag of 1000 of them in a General Store for newbies......you (at lvl 32 manufacture) have no real clue about how annoying this is. Read other posts a bit closer though....I forgive you :P

Besides....this is an option. You can let people have the bag if you want to, or kill it.......it is all in the person to decide.

lol jride, werent you the one who said you used a macro to get your manu to 48, on the market channel yesterday?

I have the chat log to prove it. :P

Don't want to disappoint you Guthix, but chat logs proves nothing... That's probably the easiest way to forge messages that I know of.

A #kill_bag option could be a good option for high level players that do not want to give items to anyone. Everyone else could just choose not to use it...

Post it then. I don't use a macro tool...I use "mymouse".

So go ahead and prove it, I'll compare my log to yours in case you edited anything. I have been asked by MODs a few times if I was present while making, and I answered them both time.

Read your log closer, or learn to read the chat better...or put on your glasses. :P

Jride04 - AFAIK autoclickers are only allowed for harvesting - nothing else...

Seems sort of redundant. You can click hundreds of times for 36 pairs of pants....point is I do not have anything that moves the pants, nor the items from the bag....I just let it click the "MIX" button, then I have to move them from inventory into the bag.

It isn't really Autoclicking.

Seems sort of redundant. You can click hundreds of times for 36 pairs of pants....point is I do not have anything that moves the pants, nor the items from the bag....I just let it click the "MIX" button, then I have to move them from inventory into the bag.

And it is illegal to use any program or script for making pants! For what you're describing you've done, Entropy should remove a bunch of manu experiance from you!

So go ahead and prove it, I'll compare my log to yours in case you edited anything.

K.

[jride04]: I got to lvl 47 manu in one night...over 750k exp points from gloves...so anything is possible

[Guthix]: oh my god

[jride04]: Well, not from 0

[Guthix]: i dont have the attention span to do anything like that lol

[jride04]: I dont either....mouseclicker helps

[Guthix]: lol

[Guthix]: naughty boy

[jride04]: Why naughty?

[jride04]: It isnt illegal

[Guthix]: were you there while it was doing it

[jride04]: Doing what?

[Guthix]: clicking

[jride04]: have no idea...was I?

[xfigx]: i clicked manually all the way 2 60 o.0

[starLite]: Hiring leather pant runners... pm me

[jride04]: My condolences

[Guthix]: i hate the motherfucking quartz mines...

[xfigx]: lol

[jride04]: This clicker is cool though...you can still buy the leather and thread, and move the pointer

[jride04]: And leave it on

[jride04]: And move from the bag to the manu window

[Guthix]: i wonder if thats how everyone is raising their skills so fast?

[jride04]: pfft doesnt matter

[jride04]: I raised alch to 35 clicking

[Guthix]: yeah it does

Aelric found Joker and got a Potion of Body Restoration

[jride04]: And harvested

[jride04]: And started hurting my lower arm

[jride04]: And shoulder

[jride04]: And ruined 1 mouse :P

[Groper]: my index fingers kinda funny from all th eclicking

[sheik]: I raised manu to 50, harv to 41 by true mouse clicks

[jride04]: Hurts doesnt it

[jride04]: I would be deformed

[jride04]: One arm bigger than the other

And it is illegal to use any program or script for making pants! For what you're describing you've done, Entropy should remove a bunch of manu experiance from you!

Wasnt aware of it. All i've read was that you can use autoclickers.

I won't do it anymore except for harvesting. :(

But if I get exp removed for my ignorace on the subject....can guthix get a ban for his cussing? :P

Now you can stop talking about "ungrateful noobs" that dont deserve the pants, because you obviously don't deserve the high manu skill that you have.

can guthix get a ban for his cussing?

What? For saying fuck? Once again you show that you have no understanding of teh rules whatsoever :P

Sure I do. Sorry if I didn't want to click the mix button thousands of times, nor was aware of this rule. I still moved the items to and from inventory. :P I still manually bought the items, I don't see the problem. Ah well, you like to knit-pick, so you are ignored in the game. Since this has gone so off-topic, might as well lock it up or move it....thanks Guthix for pointing out my ignorance on the matter, and sorry you're jealous of the level I did earn.

As I said...I will not do it anymore and have PM'd Entropy on the matter. He will be the final judge on what I deserve, not you.

You earned that level by using an advantage that other people don't have, so it was unfairly gained. Doesn't really matter if j00 were there or not, and manually did stuff.

*shrug* I can see your point....even though the failures are the same as if I clicked on it manually which I did all the way to lvl 46. I used it when it became so repetitive my arm was getting sore from having to make 1400 pants.

Edit:

6. Do not use macroing/scripting, this is very annoying, and it will most likely get you banned, if we discover it.  

Exception: it is OK to use a program that autocliks the mousr to harvest, BUT it is illegal to make it auto drop the stuff, when full. It is also illegal to do that while you are AFK. AFK harvesters, at the first offense will have their harvesting exp degraded by 10K exp. At the second offense, it will be set to 0. At the 3rd, they will lose their character

Perhaps needs revision as this is what I read. I wasn't AFK, nor macroing.