Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Day of No Nexus

I believe it would be fun to add a Day of No Nexus to the list of special days. During this day, no nexus would be required to mix/harvest/wear anything.

It's sort of the inverse of the Day of Knowledge where you don't have to have read any books to do things but still need the required nexus. Day of No Nexus wouldn't need the nexus but you'd still have to have read the required books. Either way, it's still not a free-ride.

I suggest it because people seem to have fun trying things without having read the book. Perhaps harvesting something new, or mixing something that you haven't read a 10Kgc book for. This new day would allow someone to pre-read the books (yes Entropy, it gets more gc out of the game) in the hopes that they would get a chance to harvest/mix that item without permanently allocating a pick-point.

And it never hurts to have another good/positive day that people can enjoy in the mix.

So far the Day of Knowledge hasn't "ruined the economy" or "killed PKing" so I submit that a Day of No Nexus won't either.

Disclaimer: I thought that this had been suggested before, but some searching and a complete scan of the Special Day Ideas thread didn't turn up anything. If someone finds it, please post the link so I can see what was said about the idea.

I like it, but it is not quite comparable to the Day of Knowledge. Of course one could argue that the Gods have the power to bless you with a "connectedness with" in this case all things but that feat is in my opinion quite a bit more outstanding than just blessing you with the knowledge to do things. One could say comparing those two days is like comparing some concentration enhancing drug plus an encyclopedia to a serious training (that actually requires sacrifices, i.e. pick points). Which leads me to two concerns with this idea:

* it makes spending pickpoints/hydrobars for high level items obsolete, for crafting that would be at least 2 (needed for saving stones), for potions it would be at least 1, possibly 2 for extracts/mixtures and EMPs, I'm sure other skills have similar high level items that one could stock up for (I'm sure players already stock up for other good days, this would be just of another quality).

* this impacts market in so far as that players that sacrificed pickpoints to make those "exclusive" items now not only get competition on Day of Knowledge by players that spent the pickpoints (500k) but also on Day of No Nexus by players that only bought the book (usually <50k).

Personally, I wouldn't mind that too much (even though I bought some of the pickpoints mentioned above but I could use it to get some summon levels :)), but I'm not sure it makes sense/is desirable in terms of gameplay and game mechanics.

I do remember this would have been suggested earlier (here in fact), and I am still behind the idea. The problem obviously turned out to be wearing, as things were not able to be removed so easily (as they aren't while one resets). But if wearing was competely excluded, there should not be problems in implementation.

Edited by ville-v

Remember, just because they don't need the nexus, doesn't mean they have the experience level to make what ever it is they want to do. For example, I can harvest Dung, but my Harvest level is only 60, so takes me a very long time.

The lower level stuff, yes, it would help the lower level players, but the higher level players, say, who only Alch or Summon wont be able to Craft something high level because of experience level.

I don't know about Saving stones, or what ever, but then you are talking lots of money, hence taking more GC out of the game.

I am all for this idea!

What I find funny though is that the topiv ville-v mentioned allready has bkc56 as a replyer. So you did know about this idea allready, but it sank away in your memory probably :)

Still it is (and was allready) a good idea!

I'm not sure what to think.

On Scientists day did I make mines even if I had not read the book.

On Day of Recycling did I make seridium and hydro bars - gave me 2 of each from few ore.

On this day would I make COLs and emps - have ingreds for many.

Now that we got more slots in storage, is empty slots for ingreds not a problem - yet.

And if people have the levels, but not nexus to make items - well, they have worked for their levels.

Im pretty sure we won't get such day(in fact it has been already sugested) but I'd personaly be happy with "Nexus day" that would give just +1 more nexus. It would still allow you to try new things and I guess wouldnt hurt anyone or anything.

I do remember this would have been suggested earlier (here in fact)

Thank you, I was sure there was a previous post I just failed to find it.

But I see there's been no "official" rulling on the idea of a limited no-nexus (say +1 or +2) or unlimited.