Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mircea

Only connects to test server!

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect using the same laptop I usually have connected to my home network but through a USB wireless broadband modem.

At first I thought this must be my Firewall playing tricks on me...but I disabled it with the same result.

I CAN connect to the TEST server! (just not the main server)

I am now wondering if this is a whitelist issue...my current IP is 117.102.131.202 (but this will change everytime I connect).

Any ideas would be very welcome,

Thanks,

MirceaTM

Edit: here is my login text for what it is worth...

[15:48:02] Window size adjusted to 990x720

[15:48:05] GL_ARB_multitexture extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] GL_ARB_texture_env_combine extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] GL_ARB_point_sprite extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] GL_ARB_texture_compression extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shadow extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] GL_EXT_draw_range_elements extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_program extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] GL_ARB_vertex_program extension found, using it.

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_shader extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_shader extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shader_objects extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shading_language_100 extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension found, NOT using it...

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_rectangle extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] GL_EXT_fog_coord extension found, NOT using it...

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension, not using it...

[15:48:05] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc extension, not using it...

[15:48:07] Point Particles disabled.

[15:48:07] Framebuffer disabled (need newer driver)

[15:48:07] Shadow map size not supported! Shadow map size reduced to 512!

[15:48:07] Shadowmapping disabled (need newer hardware)

[15:48:41] Your personal settings and logs will be saved in C:\Documents and Settings\<name removed>\My Documents/Eternal Lands/main/

[15:48:41] Connecting to Server...

[15:49:27] Hi, and welcome to Eternal Lands! If you're new to the game and need help, please read the newbie helper guides on the main website. If you would rather learn by doing, talk to the Tutorial NPC, which is at the start point. In addition to that, you can type #help_me and your question to get a live response if there are helpers online. Click on the screen to continue!

[15:49:27] Disconnected from server!

[15:49:27] Press Alt-x to close the game

Edited by Mircea

I know what the problem is, it's your ISP CISCO router that filters out this port.

Contact them and tell them to fix it for you.

Damn (try getting a mobile phone company ("3" Australia) to adjust their Cisco router! :laugh: )...

Funny thing was it did connect *once*..may have been just one of their routers configured OK

That Red Dragon is looking easy now!

thnx Ent,

MirceaTM

We had issues like this with an ISP from South Africa. 3G as well, so maybe their default routers are configured this way?

But they were very helpful and fixed the problem, so try with your ISP too, who knows?

Just an update...(playing EL via mobile phone or usb mobile broadband modem)

It seems that port 2000 also used by Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP). SCCP is a Cisco proprietary voice protocol used to facilitate call management functions between CallManager systems and IP phones.

A techie at 3 Australia told me that 3 (world-wide?) have an "issue" with VOIP use over mobile broadband and that the port would not be opened until that issue was resolved.

Given that most voip data is cheaper here to use than mobile call rates its not too surprising that a mobile company would react this way. A pity because 3 are twice as cheap as the next nearest competitor in this country.

My problem...damn again...I'll keep lobbying the provider.

MirceaTM

Edited by Mircea

I had thought that voip clients such as skype could be forced to use port 80.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this was just the Australian branch of 3 doing that. Telco's here have had a LONG history of delaying technology and pricefixing to squeeze large sums of money out of the pupulation, taking advantage of the physical isolation of the country and the difficulty multinationals have in getting a look into this market. You would probably know how relatively expensive mobile internet services are here too.

It's one of my major piss-off's (in case you didn't pick that up :P) Don't hold your breath that they will do anything about it.

S.

Just an update...(playing EL via mobile phone or usb mobile broadband modem)

It seems that port 2000 also used by Skinny Call Control Protocol (SCCP). SCCP is a Cisco proprietary voice protocol used to facilitate call management functions between CallManager systems and IP phones.

A techie at 3 Australia told me that 3 (world-wide?) have an "issue" with VOIP use over mobile broadband and that the port would not be opened until that issue was resolved.

Given that most voip data is cheaper here to use than mobile call rates its not too surprising that a mobile company would react this way. A pity because 3 are twice as cheap as the next nearest competitor in this country.

My problem...damn again...I'll keep lobbying the provider.

MirceaTM

You can tell your ISP to disable this bullshit for our server, and if they do not, you will switch to some other cellphoen provider.

I don't have any problem using 3G, but again I'm in a different country from you.

Entropy: Is there any EL proxy that could be used to overcome these situations ? I know we should not do it, but more users might be affected by this, and we never know because they give up at first try.

Álvaro

Learner offers such a proxy for a fee (if you cna get in touch with him).

Of course, everyone can offer a proxy service if they want to, but they need to take care of what the users do through their proxy.

I don't have any problem using 3G, but again I'm in a different country from you.

Entropy: Is there any EL proxy that could be used to overcome these situations ? I know we should not do it, but more users might be affected by this, and we never know because they give up at first try.

Álvaro

Yrd, I have aproxy server that is very close to game server and listens on a port the ISP's won't block. The people that have tested it have liked it's results. It's Alpha stage for the service, but has been very stable. Just had RL delays in getting back to getting a fully overational service. I'm looking for $5 for a month or $30/yr to help cover the costs of that system and provide this service.

Search for Premium Proxy Server (Service?) in the forums for some earlier info I posted.

Some good news for a change!

The Three mobile network in Australia now allows port 2000 traffic.

Thanks for the many suggestions (eg I was using a proxy for a while).

Cheers

Mircea

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this