Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumino

Gender Poll

Gender Poll  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Are you male or female in real life?

• Male
    • Female
  2. 2. Are you male or female in game?

• Male
    • Female

male ingame and In RL

and im not going to get into the whole womens role debate..

( but its why women have small feet, so they can get close to the sink :medieval: .. ..)

and ladys of EL im just joking, you are all wonderful.so plz dont string me up by my bits I might want kids one day

:icon13:

Male in RL and in Game too :medieval:

I think there's a lot of players there r male or female in RL and make a male or female char in Game. I dont know why, they must have some problems with they gender opinion, i guess(lol/jk), or just want to see how a male/female works in Game, well, i dont know...but i think its cool who have the same gender in RL and in the Game, that show some sincerity(i think...hehe) :icon13:

Edited by Samy_Navilian

Male irl and in-game.

(I would have never guessed peino, lol!)

I created a alt as a female, and got TONS of help and free stuff, way more then I expected. Some males are pure idiots ;D

~kGn

By my experience majority of EL females does except they to be treated differently because of their gender (i.e. "i am girl, give me discount").

I created a alt as a female, and got TONS of help and free stuff, way more then I expected. Some males are pure idiots ;D

~kGn

rofl! that's true! they think with the wrong head! roflolmao! ;)

Guys, keep the sexist remarks away from this thread. I don't want to have to go through the thread again and clean it up.. or lock it. So.. let's keep to the topic, and not comments that will get people pissed...k?

slyzor has a valid point! ;D

Even though I think you're kidding, I have to be a bit serious and say no, slyzor does not have a valid point. To be valid, his point would have to match reality, but it does not. His point might be cited as a valid example of why some women choose to play as male characters -- so we can avoid ever having to hear sexist nonsense like that in the game. The fact that some men have sexist expectations about women does not mean that that's really how women live or act or even relate to men.

I don't want to start a debate about women's roles in RL. I just wanted to get that straight as a point of information. Let's move on.

EDIT: Ace is right. Moving on.

Male in RL and in Game too ;)

I think there's a lot of players there r male or female in RL and make a male or female char in Game. I dont know why, they must have some problems with they gender opinion, i guess(lol/jk), or just want to see how a male/female works in Game, well, i dont know...but i think its cool who have the same gender in RL and in the Game, that show some sincerity(i think...hehe) :D

Sincerity? It's a fantasy RPG. What is there to be sincere about? If we're supposed to make characters that reflect who/what we are in RL, do do you think everyone who plays a gnome but is not short is RL is being "insincere"?

I'm not going to guess about why other people do what they do. For myself, I play a male character because I'm developing a male character to use in another creative project. I'm a writer (among other things). The Peino character is planned as the hero of a story. My experiment with EL is to see if I can use the game world to develop a fully realized character who can then move out of the EL reality into other worlds. I might use him in other games and see if I can keep the same personality going. Then I'll use him in this story I'm planning and see how that goes. And I'm also interested in seeing how people in the game world react to him -- does he seem realistic, entertaining, etc, to other people?

My female alt is another character in development, but I put her on hold because her backstory is not really coming together the way I like. I imagine her as someone in Peino's life, and if multiplay were allowed in EL, it would be easier to develop her through RP. As it is, I am figuring out a way to have their stories mesh without breaking the no-multiplay rule.

So you see, neither of my characters has anything to do with me. They are fictional characters, like any character in a book you might read.

Male irl and in-game.

~kGn

If the people who have talked to Peino the most did not suss on their own that the person behind Peino was not male, then I'm a good actress/RPer. Thanks! :)

The thing is, Peino IS male. Anytime I'm talking in game/channels as Peino, then I am talking in his voice/persona, which is male. Anytime I talk in game/channels as my alt, then I'm talking in her voice/persona, which is female. That's the whole thing about roleplaying -- being in the character.

I realize that I ruined the trick now, but it won't change anything. Peino is male, and will always talk/act the way he does. Even though you won't buy into it anymore, you've already proven that my development of him is on track, so it's good enough for me. :D

Edited by peino

Male irl and in-game.

~kGn

If the people who have talked to Peino the most did not suss on their own that the person behind Peino was not male, then I'm a good actress/RPer. Thanks! :)

The thing is, Peino IS male. Anytime I'm talking in game/channels as Peino, then I am talking in his voice/persona, which is male. Anytime I talk in game/channels as my alt, then I'm talking in her voice/persona, which is female. That's the whole thing about roleplaying -- being in the character.

I realize that I ruined the trick now, but it won't change anything. Peino is male, and will always talk/act the way he does. Even though you won't buy into it anymore, you've already proven that my development of him is on track, so it's good enough for me. :D

Well you are good at RP, so I guess I'll do my part and forget that you're female and still be pal's with my male friend peino ;)

~kGn

i am male ingame and male IRL :)

With a female name ingame ofc ;)

when i changed name, i was more thinking of peach as the fruit and not the character from mario, but then i remembered it, so ye :D

Male ingame/Male IRL.

lol peino... you had me fooled aswell... i do admit that i figured u act a bit weird/sensitive at times, but i liked you all the same :P , now it makes alot more sense.

lol you learn something new everyday :P

Psh. It's so obvious what I am. Male of course ;P

Actually, since "sora" means sister in Romanian, my first assumption was otherwise, but is sounds like those who know you have reason to see why you're obviously male.

Just in case my siggy, name, and the fact that I yell at anyone who mistakes me for a man doesn't make it completely obvious, I am a female.

(A siren was a greek mythological woman/bird-like creature who lured sailors, men, to their death through their song. A wren is a small song bird. Both elements are rather feminine in my opinion, so how there is ever any confusion confuses me.)

Poll would have been more interesting with these 4 choices.

RL Male playing as Male character

RL Male playing as Female Character

RL Female playing as Male character

RL Female playing as Female Character

Well you are good at RP, so I guess I'll do my part and forget that you're female and still be pal's with my male friend peino :pickaxe:

~kGn

:laugh: Excellent! :P

Male ingame/Male IRL.

lol peino... you had me fooled aswell... i do admit that i figured u act a bit weird/sensitive at times, but i liked you all the same :mace: , now it makes alot more sense.

lol you learn something new everyday :D

I like to think it him as "elfen," rather than "weird/sensitive." :P

I knew we were outnumbered, but 81% male? Can that be correct? I knew there was a slight imbalance, but I hadn't expected the number to be that wildly different. Now I'm wondering if what we're seeing is an imbalance in the number of men vs. women in forums.

I'd love to see a stats quote from Ent about the number of female characters and compare it. Looking at those numbers has made me really curious.

Come on women! Be counted! (literally)