Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumino

Gender Poll

Gender Poll  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Are you male or female in real life?

• Male
    • Female
  2. 2. Are you male or female in game?

• Male
    • Female

I was just curious about gender in EL...it's possible that this has been done before, I searched and couldn't find anything. Even if it's been done before, this will serve as a more "up to date" version.

So....are you male/female IRL, and are you male/female in-game?

Let's see what we get :) Any predictions are welcome too.

-Lum

I personally think that there are way more males than females in EL. In all the guilds I've ever been in, I've been pretty much the only female. Though I have met many other females in EL, I think there are just more males in general. Well, I could be totally wrong anyway.

-Curia

I am female irl and male ingame, might surprise some people.

Wait, I'm confused. Did you actually vote in the pole? Because the poll results don't show a difference between the two questions. (The RL one, and the in-game one)

-Curia

Wait, I'm confused. Did you actually vote in the pole? Because the poll results don't show a difference between the two questions. (The RL one, and the in-game one)

-Curia

Pressed wrong button, women thing aye :huh:

Yipes, I'm definately in the minority, female in real life and game. (for current results that is, though I doubt the numbers will change much, I see way more males ingame than females)

But... one never really can know for sure who is lying and who is telling the truth :huh:

Edited by Enly

Some females might choose to play as males because they are sick of "harassment" in other MMOs and think it will be the same in EL. I know from some female friends that even in EL there are "flirtatious" males in the game.

Some males might choose to play as females because they think that people will be nicer to them. I AM NOT BEING SEXIST. However, a lot of the time, on the internet, there can be bad language, and having a female avatar sometimes keeps you safe from it. A relative uses a female avatar in Yahoo Games when he plays chess for just this reason.

I'm not saying these are GOOD reasons to pick a different gender character than yourself, nor am I saying they are BAD reasons. But they are potential reasons all the same.

How odd is this? With my votes, the poll shows 44 RL males and 11 RL females, and 44 ingame males and 11 ingame females. Yet I am female in RL and playing male in game. So I guess I'm not the only gender bender. :huh:

Actually, I play both -- Peino is male and my alt is female. But I exclusively play female in RL.

(edited for clarity)

Edited by peino

Psh. It's so obvious what I am. Male of course ;P

I should hope so, considering all the girls you flirt with :P

How odd is this? With my votes, the poll shows 44 RL males and 11 RL females, and 44 ingame males and 11 ingame females. Yet I am female in RL and playing male in game.

:huh:

I feel soooo stupid :omg: Never had a clue

Edited by Enly

Male and Male

had a female alt ages ago but they were just to test something out for all of an hour

Male and Male

had a female alt ages ago but they were just to test something out for all of an hour

Really? Hm. Test what, I wonder.

Note: I'm not asking, just wondering.

Some females might choose to play as males because they are sick of "harassment" in other MMOs and think it will be the same in EL.

This is first game where I have a female char, wish I had made it male.

After all, it's just some pixels we move around.

But I made a female because I think they look better. :huh:

Not only do I wish it, because of some "harassment" , but because some male seem to think, females have other roles than male in the game - like females dont fight, they mix.

I don't think there are a male and a female way to plat games.

Even if I had a male char in other games, did I always tell friends, I'm female.

I'm female/female if you did'nt know . :omg:

Females have stereotype-like role of mixing and not fighting in this game cuz IRL,

females usually serve males and let them do the fighting.

I see nothing wrong with males assuming that females should mix and harvest.

:omg::omg::omg: I laughed at first but I think you are not joking. I am a female IRL & in game, I do mix but I also fight. I see EVERYTHING wrong with you assuming that females should or shouldn't do anything. By the way I could probably kick your ass IRL too :medieval:;)

I like your siggy - Bill for first lady '08 :icon13:

Female in game and in RL.

I did do an experiment once with a male friend in game where we both created alts of the opposite sex to see how differently we were treated.

As a female in game he was definately hit on more and got given free stuff more as a newbie. As a male char people seemed a lot more suspicious of me although I acted very similarly to how I act as a female. I pmed several people to give dbs back and they never responded, which sometimes happens I know but seemed to happen much more as a male char. I also found questions I asked were less likely to be answered as a male char than as a female.

-Curia

Perhaps because there are (male irl - female in game) and (female irl - male in game) in same proportions.

To complete the poll, a question could be :

Are you :

male irl - male in game

male irl - female in game

female irl - female in game

female irl - male in game

Heleona

Hi,

I'm a woman in RL and in EL as well.

And I'm mostly a mixer ... because I like to do all sorts of things ... variety is the spice of life, you know. :medieval:

My husband, 'niemand' is male in EL ... why be something you're not, we think.

He is a mixer as well, for the same reason as I am.

I've never had sexist problems in game ... and in real life it is the same.

Just once a guy liked me a little too much for my taste, he became 'a hands on shadow' ... for that he paid with a bleeding nose and a black eye. So, do not mess with me! :icon13:

See you all ...

BethAhabah

(edit : typo's)

Edited by BethAhabah