Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Bandages

Well we have white cloth now, why not be able to use them like gausse and wrap yourself up?

I had made a suggestion awhile back about making slings with the engineering skill, I could see this being a similar thing, but as bandages.

1 white cloth can be used with the use icon, or maybe used with a HE, to have a healing effect over time, similar to a potion.

5 hp recovery in the first minute, 4 recovered for the second, 3 the 3rd, 2 the 4th, and then 1 for the 5th and final minute

If you wanted to add visuals, you could show a piece of bloody cloth wrapped around an arm, leg, around the stomach, forehead, or over an eye, for the length of the effect (could be randomly placed)

Not bad idea in general, but compare prices:

1 white fabric is 70gc (loom is 50gc and thread is about 2gc)

1 BRs is around 16gc

Restoration costs 24gc (and heals much more)

So it woud be really expensive healing.

Not bad idea in general, but compare prices:

1 white fabric is 70gc (loom is 50gc and thread is about 2gc)

1 BRs is around 16gc

Restoration costs 24gc (and heals much more)

So it woud be really expensive healing.

good point, maybe a longer term effect, like 10-20 minutes of regenerative healing of +5 per minute?

I like this idea. We sure need more ways of healing than only 2 potions and 3 spells. Bandages and similar sounds great. Why not to use some of herbs we already have in game?

Or how about this:

1) Make white fabric (costs 70gc to be simple)

2) Use scissors tool (we already have it ingame) to cut fabric into stripes (let's say 10 stripes, price is 7gc each)

3) Add some herbs and mix it together producing healing herbal bandage (at the cost of 10-15gc each, depends on flowers and their amount, and food consumed, reasonable price for healing let's say 30 health over 5 minutes, cooldown on bandage should be about 90 seconds, effect is not cumulative in amount, only time would stack)

Process could produce tailoring exp for cutting fabric into stripes and perhaps potioning exp (can't figure better skill) for pouring and imbuing stripes thus making healing herbal bandage.

This bandages could be for example used as a small antidote while mixing. Or as a healing for low level fighters between spawn time. You name it...

Or how about this:

1) Make white fabric (costs 70gc to be simple)

2) Use scissors tool (we already have it ingame) to cut fabric into stripes (let's say 10 stripes, price is 7gc each)

3) Add some herbs and mix it together producing healing herbal bandage (at the cost of 10-15gc each, depends on flowers and their amount, and food consumed, reasonable price for healing let's say 30 health over 5 minutes, cooldown on bandage should be about 90 seconds, effect is not cumulative in amount, only time would stack)

Process could produce tailoring exp for cutting fabric into stripes and perhaps potioning exp (can't figure better skill) for pouring and imbuing stripes thus making healing herbal bandage.

This bandages could be for example used as a small antidote while mixing. Or as a healing for low level fighters between spawn time. You name it...

Sound reasonable. I like your suggestion. A new areas of usage for existing skills is, in my opinion, as important as developing and implementing new skills. If not more important.

or perhaps after using the fabric as a bandage, when it's done being used, it will come out as a red fabric :huh: (assuming of course that everyone in game has red blood)

or perhaps after using the fabric as a bandage, when it's done being used, it will come out as a red fabric :omg: (assuming of course that everyone in game has red blood)

Yikes! :icon13: I wouldn't want a santa hat dyed by blood! :medieval:

Throw this in to the mix:

• Have one bandage type per body location (head, arms/hands, torso, legs, feet).
  • Bandages are then worn as clothes/equipment.
  • Wearning bandages increases healing by some formula.
  • Unequipping bandages destroys them (or turns them into generic dirty rags).

So...

• Players have to choose between bandages and other equipment.
  • Bandages are clothing items, which are visiable ingame -- and you can dress as Mummies on halloween.

Footnote:

It is odd that in many RPGs, its easier to heal yourself than others -- in RL its the other way around, which in an RPG would encourage teamwork.

Great idea trollson, I love it. :medieval:

Edit: just imagined toads eaters fully bandaged at every storage. Bandages shouldn't heal from poison.

Edited by Desertus

Great idea trollson, I love it. :)

Edit: just imagined toads eaters fully bandaged at every storage. Bandages shouldn't heal from poison.

Not even if I put bandages into my mouth and guts from the inside? ;)

Not even if I put bandages into my mouth and guts from the inside? ;)

Well one could argue that putting pressure on certain arteries could help the body filter it out *shrug*

Not even if I put bandages into my mouth and guts from the inside? :(

Well one could argue that putting pressure on certain arteries could help the body filter it out *shrug*

What next? Manufactured dialysis machine? Well, engineering skill is already present... :o

BTW, I study medicine and I've never heard of pressing arteries/veins in order to filter anything. Either antidote/antitoxin or dialysis/complete blood transfusion. You have to neutralize the poison into harmless metabolite or get it out of the body ASAP.

Not even if I put bandages into my mouth and guts from the inside? :(

What next? Manufactured dialysis machine? Well, engineering skill is already present... :o

BTW, I study medicine and I've never heard of pressing arteries/veins in order to filter anything. Either antidote/antitoxin or dialysis/complete blood transfusion. You have to neutralize the poison into harmless metabolite or get it out of the body ASAP.

yeah I didn't make any sense rofl

Poison: I wouldn't worry about it. "Natural" healing, even amplified by bandages, comes per minute. I think that poison damage occurs more rapidly? (Not sure, I avoid being poisoned).

It might be interesting to have different sets of "health" points for different forms of damage -- physical wounds and inner constitution.

That said, being poisoned should be a detectable character state, so it could disable or modify the effects of bandages when in effect.

Edited by trollson

Great idea trollson, I love it. :w00t:

Not even if I put bandages into my mouth and guts from the inside? :happy:

What next? Manufactured dialysis machine? Well, engineering skill is already present... :devlish:

It's only if you're 'poisoned' with an iron, steel, wolfram or titanium. Preferably with nothing smaller than titanium short sword :laugh:

Bandages seem plausible to me, however I see these 'issues' with it. First, bandages work kind of backwards then you suggested, when you first put a bandage on, it really does little or nothing in the way of healing (perhaps just stopping the bleeding.) Then, by continued use and changes, you would heal more over time. Second, I think that wrapping oneself in bandages in the middle of a fight seems a bit odd if not impossible. Last, I also don't see how a bandage would help you with poison (as mentioned by others.)

If these were implemented, I could see such restrictions as: not being able to use in combat; having to be seated to apply a bandage; having the bandage 'fall off' in combat; poisoning not being affected by bandages at all.

Also, bandaging requires skill, not everyone is able to apply a bandage properly or as effectively as a someone with experience is such skills. I'm not sure I can think of which skill in game would apply to this (perhaps some attribute instead of skill? hrm...)

I can change my armour while fighting. I don't think bandaging is so outlandish given all the other stuff I seem to be able to do during a fight. :devlish:

The idea of white fabric cut into strips seems a nice idea for bandanges, however it will need to be balanced with the healing options already out there, as has been mentioned.

S.