Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zamirah

Free boat from KF to C2

I think a free boat from KF to a C2 map, like Thelinor, Irsis or AA might be a good idea.

1. easier to check if any are KF, when you are on C2

2. people would run to the boat to get free to C2/C1 and other people would stay in KF to hunt them.

And PK a bit maybe.

3. I think it will be better to have 2 storages near KF.

As it is now do most people go in from VOTD or use teleroom.

3. I think it will be better to have 2 storages near KF.

As it is now do most people go in from VOTD or use teleroom.

DP and VotD has their storages well situated according to available resources on the maps. So I think the only option is storage somewhere in SK.

But C2 boat from KF sound like a nice challenge, either spend few hundreds gc for ring, or take the walk :)

I'm half and half on this idea..

From a storylines aspect.. that doesn't really make much sense since it is such a long distance from c1 to c2...

From a map making aspect.. it sounds like a good idea to make Thelinor and KF more used.

From a personal point of view...It *MIGHT* help with PKing.. however.. how many other things have we tried to help revive PK and it hasn't worked? It's not the features that will make people PK more, it's the people's attitudes. It seems a lot of fighters are too worried about their precious PK scores and losing their equipment rather than the actual act of PKing.

Edited by Acelon

2. people would run to the boat to get free to C2/C1 and other people would stay in KF to hunt them.

And PK a bit maybe.

you can get to c2 for free without using money, without even going on pk map, and without casting a spell!!!(and back ofcourse with #beam me, but if you have scotty killed, there is the secret way that i was talking.)

Troger

Edited by Troger

The idea is not to stay out of PK-maps, but to be able to check KF even if you are on C2 most of the time.

It's like waste of time to go to C1, find KF empty and return to C2 to train again.

I never do it, check only KF if I have something else to do on C1, like trading.

But Thelinor could be a great trainer/PKer storage that could link both PK-maps together.

If you use to train on C1 can you go there from KF, if you train on C2 can you go from Thelinor.

After you checked if any PKing are going on on both maps.

Trainers from NRM and Melinis are already using the Thelinor storage.

People go there to harvest or train and it's close to PV and Zirakinbar.

No lag on the map, I find it one of the best maps in game.

For the archery skill would the walls be great. :)

Edited by Zamirah

Although I don't pk myself (and avoid KF) I can see how this might add some spice to that area and a benefit to those who choose to 'brave' KF. Perhaps it should link to another pk area in C2 to make it twice as interesting (not sure if that's what Acelon meant or not...)

Although I don't pk myself (and avoid KF) I can see how this might add some spice to that area and a benefit to those who choose to 'brave' KF. Perhaps it should link to another pk area in C2 to make it twice as interesting (not sure if that's what Acelon meant or not...)

If I am not badly mistaken, Thelinor is also a PK map.

If I am not badly mistaken, Thelinor is also a PK map.

I thought that only parts of Thelinor were PK just like AA. :)

And PK a bit maybe.

you can get to c2 for free without using money, without even going on pk map, and without casting a spell!!!(and back ofcourse with #beam me, but if you have scotty killed, there is the secret way that i was talking.)

Time is money as well.

Sounds like a way for high level fighters to get to C2 (and back) without any payment or other costs (i.e. rings or essences). I sincerely don't like this idea.

Edited by Kheres

A lot of people will run naked to the boat and get a free C2 trip. It's a good idea imo, I like to get some free trips :)

Even if you make it to the boat, could you get problems.

Thelinor is PK but not the city, but there are the giant, dchim, feros and fluffs, that might wait for you at the boat.

They are all over the map.

And from Thelinor to KF would be risky too, you don't know if KF is empty or 10 PKers are waiting for the travellers to arrive,

Might even make people start pvp in KF again, as they used to do.

Sounds like a way for high level fighters to get to C2 (and back) without any payment or other costs (i.e. rings or essences). I sincerely don't like this idea.

Why only high level? If you're lucky, you will make it to the ship, travel, use TTPR immediately and choose the map you wish to be on :)

(I'll still use the rings although, I'm too lazy and too scared of KF :))

Not that I totally dislike the idea, but essentially this is just an advantage for PK'ers, as for everybody else the choice would be "pay or be killed", which is more reminiscent of a robbery than an intercontinental flight... :)

Still, I think the problem with PK is social, not technical: instead of having a 0-cost way of travelling between C1 and C2 "to check where the action is", why can't PKers simply set a place and time, like "on KF between 1:00 and 2:00 every EL day" (this would serve all time zones), so there is no need to check multiple maps?

Nevertheless, I would have no objection to having a cheap, quick bridge between C1 and C2 for PK. However, what is being proposed is essentially a cheap, quick bridge for PKers, and that is a different story: strong fighters will be able to move between C1 and C2 without paying the extra cost even when they are going on their own business, for trading, harvesting, etc. In essence, the system (originally intended to simpify PK) could and would be abused for other purposes, and that would be unfair competition to those harvesters and mixers who cannot afford taking the shortcut for fear of being killed.

Having said this, I'm neutral towards the idea, go for it if you think that the advantages make up for the disadvantages.

(I'll run out of 0.02 euros sooner or later...)

I think high level PKers would only use it for PK, or when they are ready for PK - weapon, armor - they would be afraid of loosing PK-points.

So I think they would still use ring or ess when they go harvest.

But I remember when I started to play, we used to run from DP to VOTD just for fun, died a lot of times and still loved it.

This idea is great!

Doesn't hurt anything, gives free rides to C2, which is nice,

Gives PKers some fresh targets, which is nice

Makes some new travel connections, nice

IMO... asking all pkers to show up in KF between 2 fixed times... is unrealistic...

You are totally wrong! This wont be a way for high level fighters to get to c2 w/o payment as every high level PKers have AT LEAST 1 DEAD in counters while PKing... You can kill everyone (exc Radu :) ) in PK easily with cooperation.

It will be very good way for everyone i think. Never forget there are inv post that cost you only 90-100gc. Its almost the same price as travelling between c1-c2. So It seems really fair to choose inv post or walking miles to get to c2...

I hope u got what i wanted to mean

Basically I like this idea.

However I see 1 problem in this.

Trip to C2 is not a constant material gain that you need to camp for, and defeat others also camping for it (like if it might be in case of SRS spawn lets say). In addition, there are plenty storages in C2.

In short, there is no motivation to cross KF with any equipment, you can just cross naked until you succeed. Yes, stronger players may risk losing PK points, but they usually can afford IC-teleport, rings etc anyway.

But even if this idea doesn't make PK more lively, it does no harm either. So I'm for it.

Edit: sorry some of my ideas duplicate those of Cycloon and others, missed them at first

Edited by vytukas

IF this were to happen, I'd like the set up to be more like this...

Docks in KF > small desert island (2 second walk to second ship) > Thelinor. Gotta make sure hellspawners have to work for it too :)