Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Pking in the main server

I don't want to implement anything new related to PKing.

I did all that I could, now it's time for the players to either fucking PK or just complain that the PK is dead.

In fact, I am curious, is there anyone here that is using the enemy guilds/enemy combatant thingy?

ok... guess the only thing to do now is to make a forum where people can post threds for 'Fight Club' make a daily schedule thred for people to post where when and where they are usualy going to be at and maby a regester thred where people can put there name on a 'I do PK' list. then a gen chat on maby good fights they had that week and maby a fight club market thred

ooh and also to advertise it ingame so people know about it.

Edited by Orick

Only one guild i've been in (*EL*) utilized it, and that was for training purposes. I do recall when pookies snuck into one guild's heiarchy and set them at total war with pkg, that was amusing.

In fact, I am curious, is there anyone here that is using the enemy guilds/enemy combatant thingy?

yes we use the allie side of it for PKing but the enimy side of it i only know of a few guild that use it i myself when i get more time and energy(maby this summer) am thinking of making 2 guilds that you can join that will fight each other.

You also may have new PL'ers join you if they weren't attacked when entering PK area non armed to explore ot do some harvesting.

I for one am too weak to PK, I want to get my other skills up first before I engage myself in fighting. I know I enter KF on my own risk when I want to get the bags with mercury, but I alwaus am unarmed and I find it of little taste and cowardness when a PK'er in full armour attacks me for easy A/D points

In fact, PK'ers, I am one of your potential suppliers of POTS, WEAPONS and ARMORS but if you keep attacking me, I am selling to NPC's instead of your Guild Bots or yourselves!

So please, at least take on someone your own size if you have any honor left, even if this is only a game.

Thank you and bless you

The way I understand it, PK is not a sunrise dueling. It's war, you want to catch you opponent with pants down and smack him over the head from behind.

If some players want to PK fair and noble, I admire it. but they shouldn't expect that from everybody.

The way I understand it, PK is not a sunrise dueling. It's war, you want to catch you opponent with pants down and smack him over the head from behind.
You evil soul! :)

Thankfully, nobody in EL indulges in such vile behaviour! :wacko:

You evil soul! :)

Nah, my soul is just grinded by surrounding life :wacko:

Hi all :)

Totat War Tool:

We use the Tool For our Pk Events.

Advantages:

If you create Sister Guild - we have EWoL - Main guild and EWoE Event Guild - both set enemy,

You have total control for Event. If one Break the Rules you can fast kick him.

Also Two Guilds = easy communication at the event. Making Strategys and so on.

You can have "save" PK Event on any El Map no one can destroy or disturb the Event

Disadvantages:

Only At El Night - according very few use the tool maybe we can change it to whole EL Day?

Warning Needed if you enter a other guild using the tool and you still set enemy combatant you are pkable at night. But if you warn the peeps first in Event thread i think its ok.

Suggestions Hosting Pk Events:

We did some Pk Events in the past.

Tournaments - Trassian, WS Arena, Save the Princess WS, DP , Capture The Flag DP,

Best would be a Fighters List who is interested in Pk Events.

Name , Guildtag, and GMT Time the player is mostly online.

Then Teams can be builded. Equal Teams = more fun.

When we hold Events we made the Experience its best a Mod is there. So no Guys from outside can ruin the Event.

Is it with the Rules if A Map is declared Event Map? Thelinor is a nice Map for that. Far away from main Pk maps.

We made also the Experience using own Guild Forum is fastest and easiest to host a Pk Event.

Cause no complainings i want this and this. You cant ever make all happy. So get it or leave it.

Would be Awesome if we could use EL - Forums and mods delete all Flame Posts.

Its a lot of work to bring new Ideas in the game. And sadly some peeps just like to make all lame with there comments. Suggestions how to improve game would be better.

For normal Pking.

Its coolies to test own skills.

What make pking mad is if peeps go in pk maps to pk then when they loose they start complainings via pm, ig, local. If you go in a pk map you go on own risk. If you cant live with the risk of loosing. Then better dont go in. Outside Pk maps, chatting, trading and so on should be without probs. Allways remember there are real human beeings behind the keyboard.

cya in Pk :)

k, ill do that but if we keep it there in a thred rather then making a forum where we can post multi typs of treds people are going to take one look at it and mark it off as to much reading

and by the way even putting up this thred was helped with PKing, i have people PMing me to c if and when they can kill me :) i have already almost died a few times today its great :D:)

A long time ago, someone posted a thread about seige war -- you know fighting over territory. He wanted a seige war/faction system added to the game, but I pointed out that there is nothing stopping players from just organizing that themselves, even though it wouldn't affect gaining/losing/sharing exp or PK points.

So, why not just go and do your thing both on forums and in game. Anything you do, if it takes off and gets popular enough, could be integrated into the game system later.

-- To get a forum space, just create a fight club topic in the skills/PK forum. If it goes well, it might get pinned.

-- To organize factions, use forums again, maybe in the Roleplay forum. To make sure alliances hold true in game, participants could use Gossip bios (you write them yourself on the CEL site) to state their faction alliance or neutrality. They get displayed with your stats whenever someone does /gossip about <player>. Note: You shouldn't need to join a guild to ally with a faction. Individual players could ally themselves with the dark or the light or remain neutral, and that could be part of what guilds consider when taking on members.

-- To do seige/territory war, just utilize the features of the PK maps. For events, announce when the battle will start and which faction is defending versus attacking. Give the defenders time to get into position, and then at the appointed hour, let 'er rip and bystanders beware.

-- To encourage guild wars, alliances, etc, guilds could build treasure troves that would be prizes to be won from each other -- say plant hyperbags around and dare the enemy to find and take them, or something like that. That would give a reason to fight, as well as encourage third parties to get involved, spying or offering other services or hindrances.

-- Also, I think total war should be treated like an event and should be announced. You could do that in forums, too.

If some players want to PK fair and noble, I admire it. but they shouldn't expect that from everybody.

Yes, I think that's what PK is about too, which is why I don't do it. I think of the sunrise dueling thing as what PvP is about, and that's what I like to do. If PKers would respect that and, say, leave arenas for PvP and keep PK maps for war, I would certainly do PvP. A lot of people would, and some might even get a taste for PK from it.

thanks peino, your ideas are what i am doing, this begining of this forum was to do that very thing, the only thing is when i post somthing there after about 3 weeks the thred will be so long that people will not want to read any of it and if we jsut start another thred then it will be deleted and we will be told to look at the other thred. but if we can make a forum for it where we can post as many threds as we want then nothing will be deleted. the ones that are going to be doing this Fight Club are the people who have been on the game a long time and know how hard it is to read 30 pages to try to keep up. and we want to target people who are newer it is still almost to hard to keep up with what is going on, sitch post can they skip and so on. adding a forum would allow us to c witch subject we want to read, such as PK hot spots/hot times, PK stories, PK chat, and even PK insults(witch is fun for some and not so muich for others)

I was also thinking if the #pki could be 'cashed in' (thereby losing it) to some prize offering npc.

Much like a el chuckie cheese (usa thing) were I could trade in 2 #pki for a plastic spider ring.

Then you go out, get more points to spend. Seems like a good idea, :

Would be nice if people could trade in there pk points for items.But the items would have to be unique and NON- tradable so that only people who earned then had them , would defeat the object if any noob could buy them off a pker

I did all that I could, now it's time for the players to either fucking PK or just complain that the PK is dead.

:) So true. Ent can implement 100's of idea's but if people are not willing to get of there backsides and go and pk , then if pk is dead we only have are selves to blame.

and im normally in pk maps most nights a week, but the time varies if i have other things to do . essies etc

@ Shodo : never seen Fight Club :) n00b :D

:) So true. Ent can implement 100's of idea's but if people are not willing to get of there backsides and go and pk , then if pk is dead we only have are selves to blame.

I totaly agrea... Join Fight Club there is a thred on the even forum

Edited by Orick

The hardest thing about organizing things such as this is that everyone isnt online at the same time.

So true :) .. which is why NDD's are so popular for pking, because ppl know that there are going to be others in pk and worth while going so they go

What was so different a year to a year and a half ago that made kf constantly full?

All the scammers have been banned.

Look at outlaws, only posts are about people taking some silver ore left in the mine or someone serping spawns.

We need someone worth to hunt. Someone we all hate.:devlish:

What was so different a year to a year and a half ago that made kf constantly full?

personally I dont know, I wasnt pking at that time..

*prepares to get flamed*

IMO us pkers can hold our hands up to some of the blame.. we want new players to join pk and have fun, but what happens when a low level char enters pk in his aug gear ? we jump him !!! its not fun for him (and might put them off pk) and we get nothing out of it ( ooooooooh maybe some aug pants \o/) .

Maybe its about time we took responsibility and said right " anyone with 80hp and aug gear we will leave alone" (just an example).

lets let new players come in pk maps and pvp if they like and lets let them have a noob war if they like in kf without us killing them in one hit.. then maybe they will stick around in pk , get the taste for it, train like mad and come back to face the higher players.

A side note to this .. maybe characters who give pk points should have a star beside there name .. ( the point being it would give a rough indication of level.. )

Edited by conavar

I think i have a reason for it...

At old times there were only 2 monsters that gives nice exp for fighters...

1. Fluffy

2. Chimmy

For the fluffy, people wasnt saving up their pp's in order to get nice exp p/h from it. People tend to boost their p/c alot... (remember TooM 76/67 p/c with 90's)

And for the chimmy, It was quite hard for almost everyone exc DP.

Consequently people was going to pk coz they werent getting good exp from fluf and getting hit really hard from chimmies. So that made all of us to go PK for hours! :confused:

If we should look at the present active PKers, We find only a few who is generally on PK. (There were many people in KF whole day!! old times..)

I think TRAINING cause alot of damage to PK. I dont wanna be a cry babe but it is the truth... In old times we were generally 90's-100's and many (this people was top20) 80's 70's and even 60's and 50's in PKs. But now, people is 150's :confused: and to reach level of 150. It takes really damn hard long... And people trains and trains whole days and days to reach to next level which requires tons of millions exp :devlish: But in old times again it was quite easy to level up then go back to PKs...

I think all of the attempts to make PK alive will fail... Because this game is really hard. Its nearly impossible to reach people who plays like 3 years (looks at empi).... But people will try to reach... That means:

THEY WILL ALWAYS GO TRAINING... NEVER PK :confused:

I hope this will help a little for players which are new and complaining about "omfg pk is dead"

I thought about this earlier and I think people take dying in pk far to personal.

Some people think (Or it appears so, with the "Why did you attack meh!?! :devlish: )

The pk aspect of the game (maybe other sides too, that I don't participate in) are

packed with far to much drama. Instead of being a game were you fight in medieval battles.

its some soap opera, were one guild is "beneath everyone" and someone is horrible for killing

people in a PK map.

You can't attack anyone in this environment without having a 1 hour pm discussion explaining

the pk map they willingly entered, or receiving weeks of flames for "how dare you attack my

computer game girlfriend". There are far more flames, than actual fights.

PK would improve drastically if everyone could remember that its about fun and its merely a game.

Winning doesn't require an hour of gloating, nor losing requires hours of threats verging on RL threats.

A fight club can work as long as its not Flame Club.

I think it is the gc cost of the equipment and rosts. Once upon a time the best pk gear was iron plate and serp. On NDD pk areas fill up. No one wants to risk the equipment... but maybe attribute caps will help?

I also think that guild maps removed all the people that used to pvp in public pk areas further reducing the population.

Edited by LochnessLobster

Kadlub come pk server its fun , all ppl r weak( under bear lvl) so its no problem if u start from scratch even now( i have more pking here than on the main, and some loot too :devlish: ).

Btw, join some enemy guild so its fun :confused:

mp