Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Pking in the main server

hey all just wanted to know if anyone plans on or is Pking on the main server, if so anounce yourself and maby the time you are mostly on. also anyone have any ideas about how we can make PKing funner for all, this is just a talk not a nigotiation.

I am on any time from 10 in the morning to midnight MST(i think that is the way it is suposto be done i that is colorado use time)

P.S. this is SirOrick ingame not Orick ingame and guild is Haven

Edited by Orick

Actually, I had this idea a while ago.

All those complaining about "omg, PK is dead" should make some sort of club and just have some meetings every few days, where they PK the shit out of eachother.

I did my part in promoting PKing (the caps, the new magic formulas, etc.), now it is your part as well. You might even try the old style PK map (TD).

thanks ent, another idea i had but did not want to post in case this was the wrong area is kind of a good and evil group that guilds can join, i dont know if we can just set it up on the forum or actuly tie it into the total war or what but make it so people know where others stand as far as allies and non allies goes, maby make a smal symble next to the guild tag or somthing

Edited by Orick

eh well i usually pk but havent much since my reset but i like the fight club idea... im usually on about 2 pm till about 2 am est

That's also an idea that I had a while ago, where I asked people if they were interested in having some allignment (good or evil), with various bonuses and penalties. I don't remember exactly what happened, but people were not very thrilled about it, so I abandonded it.

That's also an idea that I had a while ago, where I asked people if they were interested in having some allignment (good or evil), with various bonuses and penalties. I don't remember exactly what happened, but people were not very thrilled about it, so I abandonded it.

i really rather liked the idea, gave you a chance to interact with other players from other guilds... and the bonuses and penalties added yet another side of strategy so to say, so it made you choose your side wisely

Edited by ShoDoKaN

:/ rule 1 of EL fight club: we do not talk about EL fight club. Delete the thread!

why not talk about it i mean really there isnt much pk anymore and i think this is worth trying.. so what if it doesnt go so well, its better to try, than kick it aside and forget about it

heh, it was a joke. apparently you've never seen the movie fight club.

naw i havent :P

i know like with the good/evil thing was the unicorns would attack evil players but the evil players were not attacked by invading creatures or something to that nature good pros and cons to either side

i know like with the good/evil thing was the unicorns would attack evil players but the evil players were not attacked by invading creatures or something to that nature good pros and cons to either side

Yeah that was it. I think there were other things as well, but I forgot the details, it was a while ago.

And I was also thinking of Fight Club :P

Impossible for me to say when I'm on.

But usually when very few are online.

Are very busy RL atm, hope to have more time soon.

(Have not even been training the last 3-4 months.)

I use to go to the arenas, like 1on1 fights.

And that I can sit and wait for other to come.

Some non-attack place in KF would make me go there more often, I hate to leave because I'm getting something to drink and when I'm going there again,are another player leaving because he found it empty.

I been thinking of if we maybe could make an hour every ingame time PK-time.

Like to say - all who want to PK, come to the maps at 3.30 when it's getting dark, and we fight untill 4.30.

Would maybe let less find empty maps.

Not that it should be the only time we could PK.

Just easier to find other players.

Edited by Zamirah

One other option would be for player organised and funded PK contests.

For example, the potioners and alchemists might want to encourage PKing because they sell their shit to PKers, so offering some prizes (say, 1K mana potions to the winner of a big contest) could ofer some incentive to that.

This would have to be something that happens like every day or every few days, so it would become habit.

Sweet, that would be cool, maby tie that into the NDD make it kind of a side vs side, maby make a battle ground area where good creatures fight evil ones and each team helps with and jumps in fighting both sides fighting each other. such as undead and things like cycs and troles and ogre and feros and yeti on one side and the chims and flufs and tigers and bears on the other maby split up the dragons red on good black on bad, posibly toss in a green dragon that is weaker then the others to that can be on the good side.... and i can go on for a long time on that... ill get my thought together.

The problem is not with implementing that, the problem is that most people would still not PK regardless of what I implement.

Even the latest PK contest that I organized, which had very, very good prizes (no more warlock cape, thermal serp, some clothes, some enriched essences, etc.) had very few participants (maybe 20 or so, most of them who didn't even fight).

another idea could be a map where you cant att anyone with 10-20 att lower then you but you can magic anyone in it but also put in FFA areas in the map where everyone can att everyone

I was also thinking if the #pki could be 'cashed in' (thereby losing it) to some prize offering npc.

Much like a el chuckie cheese (usa thing) were I could trade in 2 #pki for a plastic spider ring.

Then you go out, get more points to spend. Seems like a good idea, but I'm overdue for sleep. :P

I Love this idea, i go into PK lots and have to fight 80+ a/d chars becoz no1 PKs much but its all in fun, ill give lots of ppl a chance at PKing me, i even had to create a DP char so i could have some PK fun their too lol but as far as i know now, DPa is the most active arena/PK place in c1 it seems...

~bigk

The problem is not with implementing that, the problem is that most people would still not PK regardless of what I implement.

Even the latest PK contest that I organized, which had very, very good prizes (no more warlock cape, thermal serp, some clothes, some enriched essences, etc.) had very few participants (maybe 20 or so, most of them who didn't even fight).

hmm... were thies contests desigened to where people in the same leage were fighting each other? and also were there armor and wep match ups, or were they fre for all type?

a good idea for events is make an event bot that sets the events up acording to what has been donated to it and make a new type of arena that can only be used when the event is going on but where 2 people or sides meat in a ring and are beamed into this arena and fight and when one of them dies they do not lose anything and are not sent to hell but are insten put in the "loser box" and also make it so no one gets any benafit other then bragging rights and a prize if and when donated to, so take away the ability to gain xp while fighting there, also make it so on some of the "events" you can summon and some you cant and others your summons fight, loser summoner goes to the "loser box". but make it so the partys that are invalved have to donate something in return winner takes all winnings.

Now as far as normal day PKing goes i think the best thing to do is the fight club, maby make it so you have to join one team or the other and posibly make a PK map that only allows you in if you are on a team, and for normal PK maps just make a place where people can come in daily and say, i am here ready to PK today or this week and i will check this areas at this time. and we also might need some mod help with that for small small events such as 1 on 1 fights sper of the moment. maby make that bot that i was talking about in my other idea collect items that the mods can pick up for small events

I don't want to implement anything new related to PKing.

I did all that I could, now it's time for the players to either fucking PK or just complain that the PK is dead.

In fact, I am curious, is there anyone here that is using the enemy guilds/enemy combatant thingy?