Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Latest client patch, everyone please test, urgent.

Does this client work?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Does this client work?

• Yes, no problems
    • Some problems (post about them)

Only problem I had before was when sound was turned on. With this update, I picked up 20 FPS so I turned off FPS restriction to max client demands and turned sound on. Still running smoothly. If something changes I will advise.

Unable to open client, i recieve a message telling me that SDL_image.dll could not be found. I am, however, able to locate it in my directory...I tried re-installing the client, but a "fresh" file did not seem to help...I presume this is my shitty Graphics card at work?

Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS

Current drivers.

Ehm, I have the same card and I'm pretty sure that NVidia stopped to support this card in their newer drivers, some time back in 2005 or 2006 IIRC.

So if you installed the newest driver it's like you're using a generic video driver.

You have to install an older driver, take a look at NViada homepage for is the latest driver which supports your card.

BTW: just tested client opens, eye candy/shadow/particles/reflections work too

Edited by Alberich

The only thing I noticed is the previously reported (and I thought fixed) issue with a player's health bar length being based on the current/max text length. So bots have longer health bars then players, who have longer ones than newbs (with little health).

But that's a minor visual thing that doesn't cause any problems.

Everything looks good Ent...

I was able to move the quickbar around, horizontally, vertically and stuff, *and* put it back into place properly :~)

Thanks to bluap also :blink:

~*hugz*~

**edit: oh, and did I mention the clickable mini map?!!? :~) perfect!

Edited by bugabear

Running an amd 1700+ old computer

ATi AIW 9000 graphics card

This new client seems much smoother! And faster!

And yes... I have a red -5 next to my HUD... but at least I'm level :blink: 5 archery! woohoo :cry:

10512156df874770f7fd764eb2c8dbb6e968875.jpg

I'll edit if anything changes...but so far...smooth sailing!

10512156df874770f7fd764eb2c8dbb6e968875.jpg

I dont know how revelant this is but this has never happened till i got client patch so i think i should say it. I went afk for about 30 mins or so came back and my whole screen was black and i couldnt do anything but talk in the chat history menu. I had sidebars and all that but i couldnt use them and if i typed in the main display then looked at chat history nothing i typed showed up. Im gonna double check my driver and make sure i dont have a virus or anything but i thought this should be known to happen. I would post a screenshot but i was unable to using the el built in system and logged out before i took a full screen screenshot. Also after i logged in and out it was fine i thank annatira for the suggestion.

P.S. Can't wait for :blink:

bigshock28

Edited by bigshock28

Anyway, we have a new version which fixes those problems and some other unrelated issues.

I have nVidia, I didn't have crash or freeze problems (unless I had sound turned on) and I still don't.

Did you maybe want to roll the rev to 1.5.1 Beta before releasing this, just to help sort things out in the future?

scaf

Tested on three computers here, all in various states of useability. The older two have the most recent drivers available for their chipsets. Here are the results:

#1- My main system is actually in great shape, recently rebuilt with p4 2.8 ghz, 2 GB ram, and a NVIDIA 7600GT. EL already worked well on it, graphics seem a little smoother and seem to load faster with new patch.

#2- Sony VAIO laptop, 1.6 Intel Centrino dual core processor with 1 GB RAM and onboard video (Intel 845 express chipset). I've been playing the latest version of EL on poor man to keep FPS up at faster levels. After installing patch, turned everything on. FPS stayed up and maps seem to load a lot faster. Ferny is right, PV is a good test for all things laggy. Still stayed up in the 40's on this map, so I'm very happy :blink:

#3 My ancient, hand-me-down crapola cooking computer. Yep, that's right, I cook and play EL. I am truly addicted! (Gotta use those RL frying pans once in a while.) This machine is running Windows 2000, 2.4 ghz Celeron, 512MB and ancient on-board video (32MB, maybe). If I put a decent video card in it, it wouldn't be so bad. But for now, even on poor man, it's SLOOOOOW. After patch, I could walk around PV with every setting but reflections turned on. I get 10-20 FPS in PV. I could not even go on that map before. And maps definitely load faster. Hurray! Cooking and playing EL just got better!

Thanks for the new patch and hope the article is a big hit in that German mag!

Llyn :cry:

Edited by Llynara

After installing the new client EL ran as good as it has before. Again I notice less lag (although I never see much of that anyway except at docks in WS).

And now I dont get the "stutter step" at these docks anymore. I dont know if it is caused from the update or if it is just one of them days when the "stutter step" doesnt happen often.

Looking forward to the new skill btw. :P

Great work Radu! :P

**EDIT** BTW

Pentium 4 2.53GHz

1024 MB RAM

GeForce 5700LE 256MB card.

Edited by Paul Brown

Actually, I didn't work at all at this client, I do very little programming now days. We are lucky to have a lot of very good programmers in our team, who fixed lots of bugs from the last version.

As for why the client is faster, I have no idea.. Is it faster than the last patch that I posted?

Actually, I didn't work at all at this client, I do very little programming now days. We are lucky to have a lot of very good programmers in our team, who fixed lots of bugs from the last version.

As for why the client is faster, I have no idea.. Is it faster than the last patch that I posted?

Well thanks to the entire team that did the great work.

I dont really know if it is faster than the last patch. I just did notice that it was less laggy and the dock problem seemed to be "smoother" if you accept the term. All in all I think EL runs about the same with a little added UMPH. :P

Before I got this .exe and overwrite old, some parts got black when changing map/tele. Like shield, helmet and hair. Any part could just go black.

Have not seen anything since I got this!

GF 6200. (ForceWare 162.18)

Video BIOS-version 5.44.a2.07.00

Driver version 6.14.11.6218 (lol)

Later...

Edited by Tvinn

The following seems to occur in fresh cvs (~20 mins ago), as well as the windows test client, confirmed by 6/6 people asked:

While pressing "alt" (e.g. while preparing to cast a spell, such as restore, with hotkeys (alt+1-6)), clicking away or pressing the home key (to attempt to flee a monster, or even walk around) does not work at all.

While pressing "alt" (e.g. while preparing to cast a spell, such as restore, with hotkeys (alt+1-6)), clicking away or pressing the home key (to attempt to flee a monster, or even walk around) does not work at all.

I think it is a new feature to make archery aiming less difficult (something like the sit lock) by not moving if you misclick the ground instead of the target.

I'm on a mac and it works fine for me.

Can you pls check if accented vowels are displayed correctly? (àèìòù) i submitted a patch for them, but i cant test it in other languages keyboards

The following seems to occur in fresh cvs (~20 mins ago), as well as the windows test client, confirmed by 6/6 people asked:

It's a feature.

All good except except the archery skill issue ... (wow .. I am at lvl 263)

Map changes are much quicker ... Thank You.

Client seems quicker and more responsive in all ways (response to clicking, using arrow keys to rotate view, zooming.)

Small increase in general framerate.

GeForce 6200/AGP/SSE2

(256 MB version)

ForceWare 91.47

OpenGL Version 2.0.3

Win 2K Server

EL Video Mode 1680x1050x32

Edited by Ikaris

I think that's supposed to be a feature that will help with archery... since it will be hard to hit little animals if you accidently misclick and walk.

Anyway, we have a new version which fixes those problems and some other unrelated issues. It is very important to test it as soon as possible (that means, now), because I need to give an updated version to a German magazine which will include El on their cover DVD, and the deadline is tomorrow.

U remember which magazin Entropy? thx

Anyway, we have a new version which fixes those problems and some other unrelated issues. It is very important to test it as soon as possible (that means, now), because I need to give an updated version to a German magazine which will include El on their cover DVD, and the deadline is tomorrow.

U remember which magazin Entropy? thx

What's the name of the magazine? Those of us who can read German might want to get a copy of it :)

lilcnoot

c't