Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Latest client patch, everyone please test, urgent.

Does this client work?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Does this client work?

• Yes, no problems
    • Some problems (post about them)

Anyway, we have a new version which fixes those problems and some other unrelated issues. It is very important to test it as soon as possible (that means, now), because I need to give an updated version to a German magazine which will include El on their cover DVD, and the deadline is tomorrow.

U remember which magazin Entropy? thx

What's the name of the magazine? Those of us who can read German might want to get a copy of it :)

lilcnoot

c't

ummm, sorry i don't saw it sorry!! :wacko: and thx McLane :P

Edited by Cyberwulf

Seems to be much smoother, and less laggy..but the again..thats hard to tell since that variates from day to day..

no problems with installing or running tho.

Jez

Everything fine (I had no problems before either) and I have a feeling that after the patch the game runs faster in crowded areas (I didn't test it too much as it wasn't the reason the patch was created) on my ancient steam-powered machine :) (geforce 2mx on 44.03 driver version, 256 MB RAM)

When I tried to log the test server, I couldnt figure out how...the update on the main server I like tho. Much smoother movement. Someone plz tell me how to log the test server tho, I wanna try it out too.

I noticed during fights the memory consumption rises constantly, and stays this high.

I also had some crashes with older cvs clients (latest 3-4 days old), in long training sessions, but couldn't crash this client so far.

(didn't report because it simply crashed and i didn't know how to reproduce)

Specs: P3 / 384MB RAM / Nvidia gefore 2gts

Update:

Well i did it, client crashed after ~140 ogre, before the crash i got the windows msg low on virtual memory.

Edited by Alberich

Actually, I didn't work at all at this client, I do very little programming now days. We are lucky to have a lot of very good programmers in our team, who fixed lots of bugs from the last version.

As for why the client is faster, I have no idea.. Is it faster than the last patch that I posted?

Yes, this appears to be significantly faster than the previous patch you posted. All maps seem to load faster.

I played fine with the new client patch for several hours, and also noticed a speed improvement. About once over 20 minutes or so, I get a 15-20 second stall (lag), but this may very well be an issue with my computer. This morning, upon entering AA storage, I got the same problem I had before the no-clusters version--a complete freeze of my system. I never had issues like this using the no-clusters version.

I have the latest version of my video driver installed, and the following:

MS XP Pro, 5.1.2600, Service Pack 2 Build 2600

X86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6 Intel

Mobility Radeon 9200

I tried the drivers you recomended last time, but none of them worked for me--but the no-clusters version did.

*Edit* After posting this, I rebooted my machine and started up the client again. It crashed my system as soon as I signed into EL. The only entry in my error log follows:

Log started at 2008-01-11 10:42:16 localtime (Mountain Standard Time)

[10:42:16] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[10:42:16] Using the server profile: main

[10:42:19] Error opening sound configuration file

[10:42:38] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[10:42:38] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[10:42:39] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[10:42:39] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[10:42:39] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[10:42:40] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

Edited by Ozmondius

What's the name of the magazine? Those of us who can read German might want to get a copy of it :)

lilcnoot

c't

Just have to respond to this: I'm subscribed to that magazine! (but then the dutch version of it :s )

Hope it gets translated and used in the dutch magazine as well, if so i'll scan it and post it here :)

I would like to test this in linux too, which means that I have to compile from CVS. As there you have not tagged this test release, it would mean that I would have to test against HEAD, which currently seems to be quite a moving target, with lots of new features.

Would it be possible to tag such test and bug-fix releases in future? That way we could at least build to a defined state.

Works like a charm for me only problem so far is no sound when i turn it on the game comes to a complete stop and i have to reboot my puter .

celeron 1.8

ati 8500

Sound blaster Audigy

ya its old but its still kiken

I have been using the new client a few days now....things look smoother, map changes faster, have not noticed any faster fps, the "black" items has gone away ie...col or other items turning black when map changing.

I still have the same problem with the sound, when on, my game will "disconnect" from the server after an hour or so. This is not a major issue as i just disable sound.

All in all, i think it's wonderful!! Thank you all who did all this great stuff!

Video card: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

More crashes with patch

error log

[14:00:42] Error creating buffer: Invalid Operation

Last message repeated 144 times

[14:03:40] stop_stream - Error stopping stream - error: Invalid Value

Last message repeated 4 times

[14:07:26] Error creating buffer: Invalid Operation

Last message repeated 3 times

[14:09:04] stop_stream - Error stopping stream - error: Invalid Value

Works sweet. I normally play on lowest resolution and everything off, and poor man on.

For the change I thought lets all turn it on for once, and I got this.

Dunno wether this is a bug, cause when I relogged it was gone.

elscreen022oe1.th.png

Can you pls check if accented vowels are displayed correctly? (àèìòù) i submitted a patch for them, but i cant test it in other languages keyboards

They do, before I couldn't get them at all.

I have wonderful results playing right after I crank up my Model T PC. I notice if I have closed and reopened the client or done other things with the computer (email, surfing, writing, etc.) the client slows back down to the familiar old under 10 FPS and resync situation. I assume it's my RAM being rammed full.

On my very low-end PC I can describe symptoms, but I'll never complain!