Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Latest client patch, everyone please test, urgent.

Does this client work?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Does this client work?

• Yes, no problems
    • Some problems (post about them)

As some of you know, the latest Nvidia drivers cause a lot of issues with EL, ranging from total freeze to game crashing. This is an Nvidia problem, and so far they didn't even bother to respond to my e-mails, but we'll talk about this later.

Anyway, we have a new version which fixes those problems and some other unrelated issues. It is very important to test it as soon as possible (that means, now), because I need to give an updated version to a German magazine which will include El on their cover DVD, and the deadline is tomorrow.

So please exit the game, and download this file over the old el.exe

http://el.beplacid.net/downloads/el.exe

Then start the game, and post any problems here. One known problem is the archery skill is not working properly (since it's not implemented on the current server) so you will see weird numbers, and possibly a negative number on the left side of the skill bar.

So far working smoothly. I haven't had any issues with the client before, though. Weird number is noticable, indeed :devlish:

me to :devlish: no problems happend to me so far

Unable to open client, i recieve a message telling me that SDL_image.dll could not be found. I am, however, able to locate it in my directory...I tried re-installing the client, but a "fresh" file did not seem to help...I presume this is my shitty Graphics card at work?

Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS

Current drivers.

no problems, running smoothly

Unable to open client, i recieve a message telling me that SDL_image.dll could not be found. I am, however, able to locate it in my directory...I tried re-installing the client, but a "fresh" file did not seem to help...I presume this is my shitty Graphics card at work?

Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS

Current drivers.

Maybe because you were supposed to folow the instructions?

Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS

Current drivers.

same problem

no problems so far works fine.

(to those with the sd_image problem, try not to selective read and follow the instructions. running

the exe from any directory but the el one will yield this error)

Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS

Current drivers.

Maybe because you were supposed to folow the instructions?

From what i can determine, i followed all instructions. I installed to my EL directory, and attempted to run the client, at which point i recieved the message. I am currently uploading video to show my exact steps.

I do, however, profusely apologize if i messed up, i always try and read all instructions carefully :devlish:

From what i can determine, i followed all instructions. I installed to my EL directory, and attempted to run the client, at which point i recieved the message. I am currently uploading video to show my exact steps.

I do, however, profusely apologize if i messed up, i always try and read all instructions carefully :devlish:

What is your EL directory?

I have a very good quess, but please tell me.

wow

smooth map changes thank you

however i seem to have +22518 in green text over a stat

errorbo9.jpg

dunno if its an error but i can live with it :devlish:

What is your EL directory?

I have a very good quess, but please tell me.

c:programfiles:eternal lands:el.exe is the source

#edit. Im still puzzled, but a complete re-install (from EL homepage, and overwriting el.exe with the above posted client seemed to work.)

Sorry for confusion

Edited by Shujral

wow

smooth map changes thank you

however i seem to have +22518 in green text over a stat

errorbo9.jpg

dunno if its an error but i can live with it :devlish:

Another selective reader? :icon13:

One known problem is the archery skill is not working properly (since it's not implemented on the current server) so you will see weird numbers, and possibly a negative number on the left side of the skill bar.

No problems at me, so this is not offtopic post.

Edited by Khalai

Nice. Smoother map changes, a lot less laggy (was this planned or just a very welcome side-effect?) and I like the way Archery bar is now there. And full. even though it says -805200031 :blink:

Please tell me it's not 805200031exp for level 1 :devlish:

I'll edit the post if I come across any problems. If no edit then all is VERY cool :D

I can even reach the giddy heights of 32FPS on my laptop :D Sooooo much better than 8FPS sitting still and zoomed right in ;)

Good job once again :icon13:

Video card: GeForce 7300 GS/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.0.3

So far no problems. Install smooth. Went to a place where I usually get serious lag (Naralik Catacombs) and was much better. Increased FPs limits to 50 and worked fine. Toggling to full screen and back was relatively seamless.

Will edit if I find anything. :devlish:

EDIT: Still getting random resynchs with the server in Tirnym - especially when a Phantom Warrior enters the screen. Having multiple PW's ON the screen doesn't seem to do it though. Lotsa lag too.

Edited by ferngale