Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zenial

Eternal Lands is as popular as a Paper Cup

I was comparing games by google trends and was trying to find something on par with Eternal Lands, unfortunately, all the games I could think of turned out to be more popular. The closest thing I could find to match ELs trend is a paper cup. Take a look.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=eternal+lan...=all&sort=0

And while I'm posting here, this is the best error message I have ever seen, god bless vista security :)

http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/11/29/vista_error_message.jpg

wow looads of polish ppl serch el lol btw this is interesting :D looks like soon facebook will be more popular that myspace (try it lol i cant link cuz the buttons on the forums have bodged up for me :/)

Edited by thelethalmoo

That's not a really accurate method of comparing games. For example, Planeshift is more 'popular' on google trends, but EL has much more users.

LOL, most popular in Poland. Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr har har harrrrrr

hah you got ur forum name back to vanyel too! gratz :)

PS : Ban-Kai ... Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

cool, didn't know you could do this :) I wouldn't take it seriuously, since the chance of someone searching for eternal lands by its name is fairly low, for example. But it's good fun comparing, interesting. I'm putting in rude words as we speak :P

A pointless non-rude comparisson

Edited by kailomonkey

Yeah, Poland And Brazil are the countries that search the most for it. Of course, that might mean other countries usually bookmark the site, or go directly to the URL.

I know people don't often feel the urge to spontaneously type "eternal lands" into a search engine and see what come back. I imagine, this would show a lot of ELs "word of mouth" promotion. It might be interesting to see if there is a spike in the trend for eternal lands after this magazine is out.

Also, a 'broken pipe' is close in the trends too. ;)

That's not a really accurate method of comparing games. For example, Planeshift is more 'popular' on google trends, but EL has much more users.

Planeshift may have better graphics to lure people in, however it's had the same bugs and breaks for years which prevents anyone playing for long. Therefore they have to find another rpg. ;) It is sad what happen to planeshift...

Planeshift has frequency but el wins by duration of users.

Edited by Zenial

Ive played Planeshift and i like el better not for the graphics but for the things that go on in EL like the contests i mean Plane shift may have them but EL contests rock!!!!!!!! rock on EL!!!!!!^_^

Edited by Artemis

im just wondering what happend in 2006 to the paper cup?!