Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

5- If I understand Entropy right, the creature will roam outside and go in and out of caves. It will not enter buildings -- I guess because it can't use doors. So all buildings will be safe zones.

Why shouldn't it if it is so intelligent? Velociraptors do open doors in documental book called Jurassic Park.

Why shouldn't it if it is so intelligent? Velociraptors do open doors in documental book called Jurassic Park.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or you are just being ironic :fire:

So if I take a 10 min break from RL to play, do I waste 4-5 min of them logging on/off.

And I have a fast connection.

I was afk harvesting the other day and almost died from radiation. It's what happens. You take chances doing afk harvesting. This game was designed for more then one person to play. Entropy can not please all the people all the time. He does as he wishes. This is not the first time it's happened. We adjust. Life is not constant Zamirah. I'll adapt my afk harvesting on c2 as needed to remain alive. Sometimes I won't be so lucky. It's like being afk and an invasion happens.

The leopards are quite good at climbing ladders, and some of them can enter the houses through open windows, not totally closed doors, etc.

Can't wait to hunt this beast with some friends :P

thank you ent for this, it will be really cool .

PS: yeah, make it really scarry looking :omg:

As for going afk harvesting.... whenever you do that you run the risk of dying..

And if the reason we play this game is, that we can do this ?

And it's why we don't play on the PK-server .

We have to look for another game ??

Oh, I know! We can make an AFK server :omg:

The leopards are quite good at climbing ladders, and some of them can enter the houses through open windows, not totally closed doors, etc.

So buildings won't be guaranteed safe zones, but if windows and doors can be left open, surely they can be closed, too. So will some buildings be more secure than others, like storages and fortresses? And if they are in town and surrounded by street lights, that would add to their safety, right?

Oh, and can we name the leopard Radu Jr, instead of Leonard? It somehow seems fitting, in a couple of ways. (joking!).

I think some people are over reacting. It will be one monster only, soe vne though he will be smarter at killing (will remmeber spots that are good for hunting, etc.) I don't think he will kill more than 10 people a day. So even if he kills harvesters, they have little to lose anyway. Unless they get hydrogenium or something really valuble, they only lose a little time.

why not make it drop dung every once in a while? it's what trackers use to hunt animals.

I love this idea. Maybe it drops a bag with dung in every 2/3 mins. Then you know if you find a bag with a single dung on then its a map you don't want to be on!! :blink:

Also I think it would be cool if the leaopard actually attacked every creature/player/moster it see's.

If the AI is good enough it will say for example avoid a pack of clops of Egratia but then it bumps into a Fluff in melinis and they have a scrap - sometimes (depending on level it has got to) it will win sometimes die - might help with re-setting it to a managble level each time.

hat would also be cool if it turns up on a map during an invasion - picks of either players or invasion creatures depending on crowds (isolated weak players/creatures prefered!)

Generally really like the idea :P

I am not worried about the leopard killing me. I am normally in full steel when I harvest to avoid walls and radon and unless it can use items I should be able to kill it while AFK. I don't think allowing it to use found items is a good idea. That really would make a LOT more people considering being in Irilion for any reason, other than those that don't require carrying gear that is worth anything, stick to Seridia instead.

We are trying to bring more people to Irilion in general and several of the maps in particular. This creature, if it could use dropped items, could have a strong negative impact on that. It should not be able to enter any building that invasion monsters cannot get into. IMO a lot more will have to be done to make Irilion useful to compensate for this extra danger, especially if there are no safe buildings and maps.

I think the lantern idea is a very good one. So is adding a new spell that provides light based on your rationality. This could make finding spawns easier at night and lessen the chance that you are attacked by the leopard. This and the lantern could be used at the storages that are not in towns but I think all storages in cities should be safe whether well lit or not. If we don't have a lantern or a spell a camp fire should be placed by any storage the leopard would consider attacking. The lantern's could have the same effect as the spell but need to be used as a wielded item.

Tirun

why not make it drop dung every once in a while? it's what trackers use to hunt animals.

I love this idea. Maybe it drops a bag with dung in every 2/3 mins. Then you know if you find a bag with a single dung on then its a map you don't want to be on!! :blink:

Also I think it would be cool if the leaopard actually attacked every creature/player/moster it see's.

If the AI is good enough it will say for example avoid a pack of clops of Egratia but then it bumps into a Fluff in melinis and they have a scrap - sometimes (depending on level it has got to) it will win sometimes die - might help with re-setting it to a managble level each time.

hat would also be cool if it turns up on a map during an invasion - picks of either players or invasion creatures depending on crowds (isolated weak players/creatures prefered!)

Generally really like the idea :P

If the creature's AI makes it assess the dangerousness of targets and avoid targets that are too dangerous, then if it entered a map under invasion, wouldn't it leave it again? But as the invasion winds down and there are fewer monsters about, then it might come in.

this one will have some real AI, such as stalking the pray

I thought the creatures already did that :blink: hehe

But yeah, great idea, I really liked it :P

I love this idea. Maybe it drops a bag with dung in every 2/3 mins. Then you know if you find a bag with a single dung on then its a map you don't want to be on!! :pickaxe:

I can see it now--some jokers will be dropping bags of dung all over the place to scare people, lol!

I think this creature is a fun idea.

Love the idea, although I'm sure I will be one of it's first victims :icon13: . Leopard/chupacabra/whatever - BRING IT ON! :pickaxe:

Only 1 special monster seems kind of lame. 1 monster with a 20 hour spawn will not affect the game much, even if it is a super intelligent tool using feline with a taste for harvesters. I am hoping that this is the start of a plan to make better monsters in general, which would improve the game quite a bit.

Only 1 special monster seems kind of lame. 1 monster with a 20 hour spawn will not affect the game much, even if it is a super intelligent tool using feline with a taste for harvesters. I am hoping that this is the start of a plan to make better monsters in general, which would improve the game quite a bit.

If by better you mean smarter, well, guess what, no players would like that. Why do you think no MMORPG has smart monsters? Because they are hard to implement? No, that's not the reason.

If by better you mean smarter, well, guess what, no players would like that. Why do you think no MMORPG has smart monsters? Because they are hard to implement? No, that's not the reason.

Sadly, Entropy is for the most part correct. Even though there are a few people (like myself) who would like this idea because it would make the game more exciting and fun, I am sure there would be others complaining like there is no tomorrow about how it makes the game harder. There are many people who don't like challenges or change and I am sure they would vigorously protest this... probably causing Entropy's blood pressure to raise, give him a stroke, and then we will never have another update again.

Edited by LevinMage

I think some people are over reacting. It will be one monster only, soe vne though he will be smarter at killing (will remmeber spots that are good for hunting, etc.) I don't think he will kill more than 10 people a day. So even if he kills harvesters, they have little to lose anyway. Unless they get hydrogenium or something really valuble, they only lose a little time.

Overreacting on an internet forum? :blink: Surely not. Now for my thought: This plan will only benifit the Ebil RL rich ppl! and destroy the whole game! lol

Anyway, I think it is a great idea, even though I can't hardly play any more :cry: Ducks have so many RL responsibilties. And the leapard is a good idea, leapards actually exist, hence are more scary that vampires, etc, or you could make it a penguin... those things are even scarier.

To make this idea perfect new Death messages for when it kills you "I R in your mixing bag eating your cape" And other such delicatly phrased quotes in LOLcatian.

--Duck2

how exactly does it benefit people in RL? by god stop bitching it's a good idea will be cool and we should all praise entropy for coming up with it

I guess it was sarcasm :blink:

I think its a great idea, besides C2 should have its own perks to it and a smart monster would add a lot to the contenant.

Also, I think that it should have hunt the rich people more than the poor people because its not fair :blink:

Edited by sparhawk