Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

I'm nowhere near strong enough to fight this beast, either, but I want to be. My long term goal is to master all the monsters of EL, so someday, I might make a specialty of hunting this beast every 20 hours or so. And I'd be perfectly willing to guard a city's gates for about an hour IF I was getting paid to do it.

EDIT: But as I said earlier, if the beast avoids towns and well-lit places, the towns shouldn't need guards. When I'm strong enough to kill it, I'd be happy to accept payment to guard popular harvest sites and cross-map routes for an hour. :w00t:

Edited by peino

If it turns out its profitible/fun to hunt these creatures, I think they'll be hunted constently, so no need for gaurds.

~kGn

That is true .. and the guard idea was just an example of ..instead of people just complaining about it, there are ways around things if you look outside the box.

and peino you mercenary :w00t:

I like the idea, but it sounds a bit extreme for a leopard, even a man eating leopard wouldnt stray that far from a regular non-man eating leopard, just be more aggressive to everything. Stats that will/may go to 48 and even exceed, just sounds like it would be a bit tough for some to handle esspecially if it got(leveled) to dragon like a/d stats.

Wearing equipment or using weapons, i just dont see it, armors are made for the humanoid frames; arms, legs,etc. are just not the same between the two. As for weapons they don't have hands to hold the weapon, most animals just aren't sentient enought to use equipment or weapons.

I am not really aiming for realism here, what I want is to have some fun monster.

As for the stats, he will be caped to maybe 100 level ups, then he will stop leveling even if he kills more people. Of course, I'll need to adjust his base stats for a few times, until I get it right.

One thing worth noticing is that, like I said, this monster will have real AI, and will not attack people it thinks are two powerful for him. For example, the top 50 a/d players should have no problem killing him, probably even naked. magic will also be a good weapon against him, although he will have a high magic resistence so only the very top mages could kill him with one harm.

That is true .. and the guard idea was just an example of ..instead of people just complaining about it, there are ways around things if you look outside the box.

and peino you mercenary :w00t:

Entropy says "monster." Peino hears "Ka-ching!" $_$

Oh, and I beg of you, Entropy, please, by the love of all that's lovable, don't make another beast as magic resistant as those stinking giants.

Uh, does it have to have a high magic resistance? That wipes out one of the few options lower level fighters have of attacking it.

The idea sounds cool though, I'll need to start levelling up A/D before going to C2 :w00t:

So we don't go tho the PK-server because we don't want to get killed when we are afk, and now will we have a leopard here doing the same ?

I don't see the difference if it's a player or a leopard kills me. I mean - dead is dead.

Is it to get more people on the PK-server ?

I think it's a good idea, but on few maps.

Or I would just go to C1 in nighttime.

Uh, does it have to have a high magic resistance? That wipes out one of the few options lower level fighters have of attacking it.

The idea sounds cool though, I'll need to start levelling up A/D before going to C2 :w00t:

No official awnser to that question yet :)

~kGn

I am very much in favor of this idea, as well as some of the suggestions posted: ignore mm, make announcements, etc. One suggestion that really caught my eye was making this man-eating monster a minotaur. Having a creature with the body of a man and the head and tail of a bull come at me out of nowhere just sounds exciting. Of course, this isnt a make or break thing for me...whether it's a leopard or the boogeyman, I still think it's a great idea.

Since it seems that it will ignore mm, will there be any consideration for possibly a high-end medallion or something similar that will repel the creature? Just curious...

Since it seems that it will ignore mm, will there be any consideration for possibly a high-end medallion or something similar that will repel the creature? Just curious...

Step up and buy our aerosol-free minotaur repellent.

"When it comes to prey, Spray-N'-Pray®"

(Not availble in Maine or Arkansas)

(typos)

EDIT: What I mean by this is: Nothing to repel it, please :w00t:

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

@Zami: Uh, I thought from Ent said it would only roam C2?

Yes, it's why I'll go C1 nighttime - to be able to leave the computer without logging off.

he will drop something very valuble when killed. For example, a special leopard skin that can be used for clothing, and so on.

Drop he too any from it ,what he kill?

Edited by kissofdeath

I am very much in favor of this idea, as well as some of the suggestions posted: ignore mm, make announcements, etc. One suggestion that really caught my eye was making this man-eating monster a minotaur. Having a creature with the body of a man and the head and tail of a bull come at me out of nowhere just sounds exciting. Of course, this isnt a make or break thing for me...whether it's a leopard or the boogeyman, I still think it's a great idea.

It has been said before that Minotaurs are meant to be a playable race one day...

lol, well discussed, im getting excited to see one :D

a lil idea, when it's "about to attack" someone (not killing him already), pop up some creepy local text msgs, just to scare everyone nearby making all of them look like this

ScreenHunter_02Jan081957.gif

and beam is now suddenly crowded with half dead heavily breathing people :D

p/s: i'd rather stay to watch the show tho.... :blush:

Edited by RaF

It has been said before that Minotaurs are meant to be a playable race one day...

Ah, interesting bit of information! How about a manticore then? The name literally means "man eater"(1), seems quite appropriate to me and a nice challenge for Roja :D

Rehdon

(1) See Manticore on wikipedia.

I still want it to be a leopard. leopards have a track history of eating people, unlike other monsters that don't even exist :D

BTW, he will talk in LOLcat.

I still want it to be a leopard. leopards have a track history of eating people, unlike other monsters that don't even exist :D

Lol, Like Yetis? or chims? I would like to see an evil wood sprint (something very small/fast and very hard to click on..But what ever the animal. It should add something really neat to game.

I still want it to be a leopard. leopards have a track history of eating people, unlike other monsters that don't even exist :blush:

i'll be too busy laughing at it to be afraid of it then. :D

Any big cat will do .. tiger,lion, panther , I dont think any of them are against eating humans given half the chance

will new cat hunting items be available... sword of neutering or mines of catnip :blush:

Edited by conavar

Lol, Like Yetis? or chims? I would like to see an evil wood sprint (something very small/fast and very hard to click on..But what ever the animal. It should add something really neat to game.

This is a special monster, yes?

I still want it to be a leopard. leopards have a track history of eating people, unlike other monsters that don't even exist :blush:

Or make the Grue come true :D It also eats people, maybe more than anything else in EL :D

This is a special monster, yes?

Yes indeed. I look forward to when it is implemented. It is a great feature. Brings me back to the days when those wandering gargs in WS posed a major problem for me. I enjoyed that element of risk.

lolcatsdotcom9p6mk0kk0ss2itku.jpg

Seemed appropriate for a LOLcat leopard :D