Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

EVTR from storage to cave is highly populated, and iirc, well lit. Many other popular places aswell, so that even makes less of a chance.

~kGn

Yes, as I say maps like EVTR will be crowded and are already very laggy, other maps will be empty.

So why have them ?

And I log off when the invasions are going on now - have done after the Idaloran invasions stopped - and play another game, far too many invasions lately.

Edited by Zamirah

I would like to note that you can be competely safe from this creature even if you have 0 a/d. There is complete continent that is safe zone. This creature is limited to Irilion, and visiting Irilion is never required.

lol if visiting irilion is never required then whats the point in having irilion? are you suggesting scrap irilion?

Doesnt really concern me either way when this monster comes in, what will be funny though is to hear the first complaint from someone who loves the idea when they get killed by it and loose thier st00f, cos c'mon you have to admit , not everyone who is wearing a COL is carrying a rosto :D

But w/e , to be honest it does spice things up a bit, even though I'm prime target for this sort of monster.

Will be funny to see in a few months the PKers complaining that stupid harvesters are hoarding all the rostos because theyre so scared of wandering monster.

BTW whatever happened to Wandering Fool ? He was funny

I mean, please, why is everyone so scared of getting attacked while AFK?
I'd like to toss in one possible answer here. Part of the fun (when you're a non-fighter) is wearing some of the interesting clothes. I've had my red bandanna since the day they came out. With tailoring, I'm getting a few other items to wear. It's fun and adds to the role-play aspect of the game.

I try and be careful. I go inside if I'm going to be away at a #day change (so I'm not afk outside on an acid rain or solar flare day). But in general the stuff I wear isn't worth protecting with a rosto. And even if it was, I wouldn't want to run the risk of loosing special clothes or a rosto because of some random event.

Yea, it's not that big of a deal, but with an MM ignoring critter on the loose on C2, I'll need to adopt my PK-server techniques when on C2: travel naked, and harvest with minimum gear (no nice clothes on C2).

So I'll adjust. But that's one perspective on why people might prefer to not be randomly killed.

Will be funny to see in a few months the PKers complaining that stupid harvesters are hoarding all the rostos because theyre so scared of wandering monster.

Lol, it will be worth having this monster just for that. :whistle:

I know I'll go from never using a rosto in my life to a regular hoarder to protect my sexeh new clothes. Like bkc56 says, it ain't cheap or easy to look as good as we do.

Lol, it will be worth having this monster just for that. :)

I know I'll go from never using a rosto in my life to a regular hoarder to protect my sexeh new clothes. Like bkc56 says, it ain't cheap or easy to look as good as we do.

Apart from new clothes break sooooooo easy ... might all go in one hit... so have to be careful

And I log off when the invasions are going on now - and play another game, far too many invasions lately.

Yeah.......go post that elsewhere, this is about the creature. You seem to whine like a baby alot.

I would like to note that you can be competely safe from this creature even if you have 0 a/d. There is complete continent that is safe zone. This creature is limited to Irilion, and visiting Irilion is never required.

lol if visiting irilion is never required then whats the point in having irilion? are you suggesting scrap irilion?

If you don't like the risk of Lethal Leopard, it is possible to play game for years, make million gc, hundreds of friends, or all levels to 100 (which are the main points people play this game), even without knowing what is Irilion. However, visiting Irilion may make is faster to accomplish those tasks.

Sorry but saying theres absolutely no need to ever go to C2 is a bit silly.

If you dont go to C2 you cant mine your own hydro ore for a start, so right there thats the biggy. If you dont go to C2 neither can you : Fight Yetis, See the Dragons, Fight Cockatrice, Buy Tailoring Books, Buy Engineering Books, Buy High End Wepon and Armor Books and Im sure the list goes on :whistle:

But whatever , Im not trying to say '' oh please no man eating leopard !! '' because as Ive already said it will add a nice twist to C2 adventures.

Just pointing out that actually you DO need to go to C2 sometimes - with the leopard it will just make a bit more dangerous, so be it !

If you dont go to C2 neither can you : Fight Yetis, See the Dragons, Fight Cockatrice

I'm sure if you are able to handle Yetis and Cockatrices this kitty is no harm to you :P

I remember when I first started out in the game and I was still only knee high to a grasshopper, I heard of this lupine bush in this land far far away from my safe haved IP, called Portland. I was harving peacefully, when all of a sudden, there was this green monster that just attacked me out of nowhere. I later got to know him as Bob.

Why am I telling you this? as you get more advanced in the game, you encounter new challenges. Some you will like, some you won't. Just because this is yet to be implemented doesn't make it different.

I say: let it come, and yes.. I will probably bump into it and die several times. That's part of the game. What's the challenge in a game if everything is just easygoing?

The Dillo has spoken!

Cool idea :pickaxe:

I just wanted to add, if this leopard has relatively low armor and hp, it would be uninteresting because he will lose health soon even on a few noobs. I suggest that after each successful kill he would regenerate to full HP (lets say fresh blood makes him feel good ;D )

Too many posts to read, sorry if I missed someone suggesting the same idea.

This sounds like a real neat idea. Keep people on the edge and possibly encourage more team work!

One thing I thought of while reading through the posts was maybe having something like a "Leopard Stone". This would give a use to leopard furs now in the game and might ease the fear of some of the people wanting to harvest in the middle of a forest by themselves :icon13: It could be made of something like 100 leopard furs and some of the teleport essences 50 energy ess, 20 spirit ess, 20 matter ess or something along those lines. If someone was carrying one of these stones and was attacked by the Man Eating Leopard then the leopard would be Teleported to the next map and the stone would be lost.

Dunno if this sounds interesting to anyone else but thought it would give a use to something that's in game that currently unused and might calm some peoples fear of attack.

Great idea, although such stone should just protect the owner for long enough to safely leave the place rather than to teleport creature anywhere (especially not to another map)

Great idea, although such stone should just protect the owner for long enough to safely leave the place rather than to teleport creature anywhere (especially not to another map)

Maybe teleport the owned and not the beast? :)

Just what I was thinking, since its the player who wants to escape they should be the one teleported to a designated spot ( wether thats C2 portals room or a set indoor storage like AA).

It might interupt there afk harving etc but a small price to pay for avoiding this creature

Just what I was thinking, since its the player who wants to escape they should be the one teleported to a designated spot ( wether thats C2 portals room or a set indoor storage like AA).

It might interupt there afk harving etc but a small price to pay for avoiding this creature

Port Anitora (which should also be restricted area for the beast) or Teleroom sounds good.

Teleporting player is not a good idea, because the point of the stone would be stopping Lethal Leopard from interrupting what the player is doing. As well as changing location of the Lethal Leopard so target can not call reinforcements to the exact location he would have been died in.

The stone could simply work as an automatic diss ring, possibly of extended duration that allows to leave place of the encounter safely

I like Elf_Ninja's original idea better. Automatically sending the leopard to another map would solve the problem of not being able to go AFK in C2. Yes, it would then make the leopard someone else's problem in that other map, but that would just lead to more leopard stones being used. Every single harver in C2 who might have to go AFK would need some. It would be a great item/money sink, and it might prevent more rosto hoarding by harvers. Plus, it might encourage more low level fighters/trainers to go to C2 and risk the evil leopard so they can hunt regular leopards for the furs.

The only people it might frustrate would be man-eating leopard hunters who might have their quarry suddenly disappear on them, if it attacks someone carrying a Leopard-B-Gone stone.

EDIT: Maybe the ingredients for the stone should be all those furs and esses, plus something that the man-eating leopard always drops, like a glowy bone or something (a Boss Cat Bone). That way, there won't be too many stones around all at once, their price will be good, and there will be a good reason to hunt the beast.

Or maybe that special stone ingredient could be one of the things it constantly drops -- Ent, are you still considering the idea of having it auto-drop things at random?

Edited by peino

Sounds pretty cool this idea, man eaters, aren't the werewolf who eat human... hmmz alright it's acceptable ideea like other said we wont stay afk:))

Can't make the stone TOO expensive, or harvesters would just use Rostos. So it just can't be more than the price of a rosto. It should be fairly cheap if it takes so many furs and essences, but not too cheap where people wont make them. Gathering 100 furs of anything is a pain... takes some time(that's even if that formula is used). Course, you don't want them spamming the game either.

All in All, love the Man Eating Leopard! Can't wait!

Teleporting player is not a good idea, because the point of the stone would be stopping Lethal Leopard from interrupting what the player is doing.

The whole point IMO is that if a stone was introduced to stop the leopard attacking you , then the "player" should get the neg effect of being teleported somewhere.Having the stone STOP the leopard from chewing your arm off AND not interupting what your are doing is IMO to big a plus.

oooh maybe the stone could turn the leopard into a pussy cat that harvs for people while singing show ballads :)

and the teleported the player could spread the word (if they wanted or not if the ebul) to other people on the map and to hunters :D

@ Lexi

Totally agree it doesnt need to over expensive

Edited by conavar

I like the stone idea and I like it as originally suggested - tele the LethalLeopard (tm?) to another map. Keeps the LL moving, makes it a bit harder to kill. It'd be a great money sink (if they're moderately priced) and keeps people on their toes AFK harvesting (which I do alot, BTW). Its another neat twist that keeps the game interesting.

Teleporting player is not a good idea, because the point of the stone would be stopping Lethal Leopard from interrupting what the player is doing.

The whole point IMO is that if a stone was introduced to stop the leopard attacking you , then the "player" should get the neg effect of being teleported somewhere.Having the stone STOP the leopard from chewing your arm off AND not interupting what your are doing is IMO to big a plus.

oooh maybe the stone could turn the leopard into a pussy cat that harvs for people while singing show ballads :)

and the teleported the player could spread the word (if they wanted or not if the ebul) to other people on the map and to hunters :D

@ Lexi

Totally agree it doesnt need to over expensive

IMO the best would be that attacking target would trigger the stone. But of course only after 2-3 hits, so you might die as well, depending if the level of leopard is high enough at the time. Leopard would be teleported to other map while the stone would disappear.

The bonus? Leopard changes location and has not time to loot your death bag or to equip or use the items. That means, you can safely retrieve it :)