Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

I agree with Khalai. Please keep the leopard out of solid buildings like taverns, indoor storages, and houses. Tents, ok, caves, ok, but enough already with the "but it's smart" and "maybe a door got left open." If it's so smart and we're so dumb, why don't you just implement cars and guns so it can drive-by shoot us while we stand in the middle of the road?

Just to repeat what has been said before :omg: If you are so worried about this then harvest on C1 in the night time :medieval:.

Personlly I love the idea of a man eating leopard, I visited Kenya early 2006 and heared real life tales of man eating lions, crazy elephants and the like. While I am pretty sure most of these were exaggerated for my benifit (you know how family can be) it DOES happen and with all the animals in el, it stands to reason that one of them will go nuts now and then....look at all the crazy players we have round here :icon13:.

You have to bear in mind this is ONE animal in a community that usually has over 500 players on line (unless its the middle of the night), there will be times this animal spawns on of the lesser used maps...it would be nice if we could nallow it down a bit though, for hunting purposes.

Maybe the GIWS could be enhanced to include a detector? For a fee of course :omg:. Now I am not suggesting it tell is where the leo is because that would just defeat the purpose of surprise, but a hint of some sort to get the fighters all thinking? It may be a pain in the ass to impliment, so forgive me if you hate this idea, just thinking out loud :omg:

Wolfy

Great idea sounds like fun :)

Can we have a torch implemented in the game now so i can light up the area around me so i can be safe all the time ;)

Maybe the GIWS could be enhanced to include a detector? For a fee of course ;). Now I am not suggesting it tell is where the leo is because that would just defeat the purpose of surprise, but a hint of some sort to get the fighters all thinking? It may be a pain in the ass to impliment, so forgive me if you hate this idea, just thinking out loud :D

I think the best form of announcement would be "Rumors tell that XXX has been eaten by a man-eating leopard." (substitute man- with whatever race XXX is at will :)) when the leopard makes a victim. Scary, informative, sure to attract your attention, makes sure appropriate condoleances can be PM'ed to XXX by close friends and relatives. :D

Also, the frequency of these messages will give you an idea of the danger (and maybe also of location, if you know where XXX was at the time).

On the other hand, an announcement like "The fame of XXX, who killed a man-eating leopard, reaches your hears." would serve both as an acknowledgement of XXX's boldness, and as a signal that for the next 20 hrs or so the leopard will not be around. As I understand it, these messages will be very infrequent, so they would not add to the general blue spam.

Nice Idea! We see how it go as roaming actors in EL. this idea is great! we have more Roaming actors roaming Brigands (human etc.) which they also well attack like the Creatures do. :o

Thanks

Agrilles

Guild Master of SiTu

This is a brilliant idea. Love the idea of the creature levelling up, keeping loot from it's victims etc.

Maybe as the creature becomes too strong there could be announcements saying that the creature has been spotted on a particular map in order to facilitate hunting parties? Could these messages be confined to channel 6 if blue spam is an issue?

If it is decided that he is dropping something unique and necessary, there will be plenty of hunters. In fact, there could be a designated channel for hunters and warnings.

If it is decided that he is dropping something unique and necessary, there will be plenty of hunters. In fact, there could be a designated channel for hunters and warnings.

There already is a channel for C2 (Irilion) which is 24. Finally it might have a use beyond just chatter :blink:

S.

i like this idea. it would make the game more, "realistic". All these animals that we have on this game, one of them's bound to be killer.

Maybe we could have it that when a puma or something respawns, it has an extremely low chance to become killer. I think like really really low.... maybe not

Maybe the GIWS could be enhanced to include a detector? For a fee of course :blink:. Now I am not suggesting it tell is where the leo is because that would just defeat the purpose of surprise, but a hint of some sort to get the fighters all thinking? It may be a pain in the ass to impliment, so forgive me if you hate this idea, just thinking out loud :D

I think the best form of announcement would be "Rumors tell that XXX has been eaten by a man-eating leopard." (substitute man- with whatever race XXX is at will :P) when the leopard makes a victim. Scary, informative, sure to attract your attention, makes sure appropriate condoleances can be PM'ed to XXX by close friends and relatives. :D

Also, the frequency of these messages will give you an idea of the danger (and maybe also of location, if you know where XXX was at the time).

On the other hand, an announcement like "The fame of XXX, who killed a man-eating leopard, reaches your hears." would serve both as an acknowledgement of XXX's boldness, and as a signal that for the next 20 hrs or so the leopard will not be around. As I understand it, these messages will be very infrequent, so they would not add to the general blue spam.

I like this addition to the idea :)

6. He might loot some of the items, and even wear the armor and weapons to make him stronger (of course, it won't be visible).

aw!!!

This sentance started so well, and ended so bad :(

I wanna see leopard in an iron helm nearly as much as I wanna see me in leopard pants!

come on ent, helmetted leopards ftw :)

So far, it looks like I might be using C2 less once the creature/monster is made. I prefer monsters that stay on one map and ones that ignore people with MM so I will be safe wearing MM if I go on those maps. I'm not a fighter and only have A/D in the 30's. This creature could deter people from using C2 if they aren't fighters IMO.

Edited by Lu06

The chance to be killed is roughly 1 / (billion - stupidity factor), but it seems only existence of some monster would keep people away from C2.

Exactly like existence of fluffy rabbit or leather armor keeps you away from Whitestone.

i dont think it should ignore mm, cos its pretty hard to wear your mm cape all the time (you could be training with nmt, harvesting with exc), which means the perk would be worth something

It is pretty easy to wear mm cloak while afk.

Suggesting that is like suggesting mother nature should only damage people who mix at storage, not harvesters at all.

So far, it looks like I might be using C2 less once the creature/monster is made. I prefer monsters that stay on one map and ones that ignore people with MM so I will be safe wearing MM if I go on those maps. I'm not a fighter and only have A/D in the 30's. This creature could deter people from using C2 if they aren't fighters IMO.

demotivational-posters-potential.jpg

i dont think it should ignore mm, cos its pretty hard to wear your mm cape all the time (you could be training with nmt, harvesting with exc), which means the perk would be worth something

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

ROTFL ^^^

C'mon people, I think you treat this all too seriously

So what if you get eaten by the infamous leopard? Think of all new possibilities this creature creates - random drops, hunts, exploring maps, etc.

Benefits outweight disadvantages caused by leopard meals consisting of a few afk harvers (providing an appetite of this creature will be moderate)

Should 100% ignore MM cape/perk add a bit of an edge to walking /harving on C2.............. and for those harvers worrying about dying . it doesnt really hurt and you wont lose any items if you use them rost's you have been hoarding :P ( see other thread) so nothing to complain about is there ?

:D

Um, guys it's easier for you to type that given there are <200 players in-game with a higher A/D than you people, so this will be of little inconvenience to you. Not trying to be offensive of course, just thought I'd point that out...

@Carrying a rostogol stone: Are you insane? How rich do some people think lower level ADers are? I'm almost 40s, AD not being my highest skill, and 16K is usually hard to come by. (I normally have to carry out several projects to raise that GC).

But, no point in swimming upstream now.... Happy gaming :D

@Carrying a rostogol stone: Are you insane? How rich do some people think lower level ADers are? I'm almost 40s, AD not being my highest skill, and 16K is usually hard to come by. (I normally have to carry out several projects to raise that GC).

If you are one of the peaceful mixers that have multiple, useless rostogol stones in storage, that has to mean rostogols have no value for you. Especially if you don't have to buy any.

If you are one of the peaceful mixers that have multiple, useless rostogol stones in storage, that has to mean rostogols have no value for you. Especially if you don't have to buy any.

But I'm not a peaceful mixer. I've bought a grand total of 1 rostogol stone, and sold the other 2 I got while harvesting. Where did you get the idea I keep rostogols?

Futile point however, we don't actually know if there are many non-fighters hoarding rostogol stones. It's also dependant on what someone views as 'useless' -- I.E. If a person doesn't fight, but has a rostogol stone, is he/she a hoarder/selfish player? Not really... Rostogol stones aren't only used in combat.

But MSN is buzzing me, *ends post*.