Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

The whole idea of what Entropy is suggesting just adds more mystique and another element of surprise to an already awesome continent.

Imo, no matter what you are doing, if you are afk you choose to take the risk of what ever happens.

EL is a game and no game I know of is worth playing if it is too easy.

Go Entropy! :rolleyes:

Two non-thought-out words...traveling killbots :w00t:

Phew, glad I caught your typo, for a second there I thought you were serious! B)

EDIT: Oh the irony, made a typo myself! :D

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

Imho travelling killbot is good description.

From what i heard many ppl who alch/pot/harv w/o doing other skills have also big money reserves( im not talking about top players who rspending all their gc for fast lvling but about other ppl), so im not surprised Entropy wanna reduce their gc :D

I remember some1 suggested somewhere evil idea about exc cape breaking at random event, that Man-eating leopard looks to me like some kind of random event, but not only while harvesting :w00t:

Two words...traveling killbots :P

Instant rost killer, if they get one hit on you, you're as good as dead, even with a CoL

Guest Fuf

I don't like the idea at all (as if it matters...)

I think the game is difficult already, can't see a reason to make it even more difficult.

Teleporting player is not a good idea, because the point of the stone would be stopping Lethal Leopard from interrupting what the player is doing.

The whole point IMO is that if a stone was introduced to stop the leopard attacking you , then the "player" should get the neg effect of being teleported somewhere.Having the stone STOP the leopard from chewing your arm off AND not interupting what your are doing is IMO to big a plus.

oooh maybe the stone could turn the leopard into a pussy cat that harvs for people while singing show ballads :whistle:

and the teleported the player could spread the word (if they wanted or not if the ebul) to other people on the map and to hunters :(

@ Lexi

Totally agree it doesnt need to over expensive

IMO the best would be that attacking target would trigger the stone. But of course only after 2-3 hits, so you might die as well, depending if the level of leopard is high enough at the time. Leopard would be teleported to other map while the stone would disappear.

The bonus? Leopard changes location and has not time to loot your death bag or to equip or use the items. That means, you can safely retrieve it :whistle:

I love the idea of having a player eating ?leopard¿ in the game. I will throw out my two cents for what its worth and hope that my ideas can be put to some sort of use, positive or negative... One idea is if when it attacks and kills or is attacked and killed neither beast nor player would drop anything???? Or maybe the leopard would only make you drop things that it needed/wanted (what leopard cares about a pile of silver,coal or toadstool??) I'm not sure if that is possible so its just suggestion.... However, about the leopard stones, (quoted above) if the leopard were to be teleported away to a different map what would stop it from using its superior intelligence to walk straight back and clean the floor with you :omg: (if you were afk or decided not to move afterward for some reason), therefore i agree that if the stone teleported you to a place like the portal rooms, the leopard would not know where to look for you but could still continue to rampage around feasting on others . If that is to much of an advantage for the stone carrier maybe there is a chance that they leave something behind (5%-10% on every item?) Then they still would have a chance to go back for it and since they would be in portal rooms they could get there faster then from the underworld... ;)

-Archi

The leopard stone is a great idea and having it teleport to a new map is definitely the best way to go. You need to have it change maps so it can't be reported and killed easily. Difficult to gather ingredients that are inexpensive is the best way to go. You cannot make it harder to get than a rosto as mentioned because then everyone would just use rostos. This completely eliminates the reasons to complain about the creature IMO. Only at night, once a game day, only in Irilion, avoids groups and light along with the stone.

A lot of options to avoid it and still give it a chance to get people. The continuous drops and special drops still means it gets hunted. I still really want something in game to use a light meter or something to increase the amount of light in your area. These would both be very popular items as the light source could be used to make finding spawns at night easier and the light meter will tell you when you are in a place the leopard will hunt.

Tirun

Whose Idea was the Man Eating Stone ? Its a nice idea but sounds like a bit of a cop out to me, if were going to have this thing hunting us we might as well just have it.

I mean hell it already ignores MM , grows in strength and raids your DB, why should it be suddenly made easier to avoid because you could be arsed harvesting 15k rue to make a stone ?

We should have 2 A.I monsters, one for c1 as well that isnt as strong.

Because theres going to be alot of people going to c1 during nightime hours, why should it be safe there to ?

Theres already ways to avoid being atacked by this thing.

1. Go to C1

2. Train your a/d so it will be too scared of you

3. Go to C1

Ugh! I totally hate the idea.... why do I have MM perk? Oh well, thats life.... back to the books for me, should be focusing on that damn degree anyway ;)

Ugh! I totally hate the idea.... why do I have MM perk? Oh well, thats life.... back to the books for me, should be focusing on that damn degree anyway ;)

LOL

Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

The whole idea of what Entropy is suggesting just adds more mystique and another element of surprise to an already awesome continent.

Imo, no matter what you are doing, if you are afk you choose to take the risk of what ever happens.

EL is a game and no game I know of is worth playing if it is too easy.

Go Entropy! :)

No game is worth playing if it isn't fun either. What percentage of players (with minimal armor on) can take 1-2 hits from a dragon and live? For the people that get smoked in one hit, this will not be fun. How many new players will this added "feature" attract?

As for the afk bit, there is no way people are 100% attentive to the game when they are harvesting. Most of the time I harvest I'm surfing the internet, using another program, cleaning the office, or i have full screen chat open. Forcing people to be glued to the screen while you harvest is not a positive for me. If I wanted to be playing a game that needed 100% of my attention I'd be playing an online first person shooter.

If you make the argument that it will only be a very rare event, why even waste developers resources on it? I'd rather see developer's time and energy going to something more people can enjoy and benefit from.

Just my opinion.

Haven't bothered to post on this thread as of yet but thought I'd finally throw in my opinion.

I love this idea :D think it would add a lot of fun and adventure to the game.

The few things I have seen that were arguments against it I really don't understand. I play the game doing other things at the same time almost always, or if I'm completely attentive to EL I utilize console mode, or am just watching chat and not always completely focused on my character and the map. If this creature roams all of c2, or even just c2 mainland... seriously, how likely do you think it is you will be caught by it? In the year and 3 months I have played EL I have never once found the joker, despite the fact I am an avid explorer and constantly wander across all maps on both continents. Its one creature, I really don't see why some expect for it to locate and slay them like it had a personal vendetta to kill you specifically as many times as possible. :confused:

As for it respecting MM, well, that wouldn't have much point now would it? Nearly everyone ingame not a newbie has either the MM perk or cape I think it would be pointless to implement it if it didn't ignore MM. It would just be a random monster wandering with some thrill for a few fighters on occasion, which isn't a bad thing really, but not much of anything to new and exciting. Despite the fact that I myself have the MM perk and love it dearly, I always wished there was more risk of monsters attacking me, there is really very little danger for harvesters/mixers besides invasions, and those are announced and can be avoided.

It seems the only reason anyone dislikes this is they don't want to die :closedeyes:

Frankly I think one major issue the EL community has is its fear of death, Nobody pks because they don't want to die and lose armor/pk points. People dislike this concept because it could kill them... Death happens! Just like in the real world. People should be dying in EL all the time. And I personally don't think it happens enough to non fighter players. I know I would likely hardly ever die if I didn't have such a severe shroom addiction and stupidity to always be distracted. In many games death is a constant risk you take no matter what you're doing and there are nearly always consequences for dying. EL may be difficult as far as leveling, and making gold coins, but it tends to be a very safe game.

There are already invasions across all parts of c2 routinely, which presents some risk for AFKers, recently creatures have been placed into houses and other indoor locations to make it difficult to slay them all, c2 is not a safe place as is, this will just add another element to the game that I think will be fun for many players.

And... its only at night, and only on c2. Perhaps such a creature could force some people whom never leave c2 to visit c1 on occasion once more.

I believe this creature is a brilliant idea :)

Edited by Enly

If you make the argument that it will only be a very rare event, why even waste developers resources on it? I'd rather see developer's time and energy going to something more people can enjoy and benefit from.

Just my opinion.

I think you do not understand a simple concept: A rare event can affect MANY people, provided that there are many people susceptible to that event.

For example, getting into a car accident is relatively rare, but because there are so many people that drive cars, car accidents happen evey minute.

It seems the only reason anyone dislikes this is they don't want to die :closedeyes:

Frankly I think one major issue the EL community has is its fear of death, Nobody pks because they don't want to die and lose armor/pk points. People dislike this concept because it could kill them... Death happens! Just like in the real world. People should be dying in EL all the time. And I personally don't think it happens enough to non fighter players. I know I would likely hardly ever die if I didn't have such a severe shroom addiction and stupidity to always be distracted. In many games death is a constant risk you take no matter what you're doing and there are nearly always consequences for dying. EL may be difficult as far as leveling, and making gold coins, but it tends to be a very safe game.

Amen!

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience

supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die...that

we may appreciate the enjoyments of living."

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Or if great literature doesn't do it for you, how about a tee-shirt slogan?: No pain, No gain

I came up with another idea.

This creature could raise in strenght as it kills players. Its blood-thitsty at the beginning too, but it has no battle experience, which can be gained ;)

1) At first its a newbie creature so it has strenght around cyclops.

2) Once it has killed 10 players it advances to lvl 2( so desert chim strenght)

3) After next 20 players killed, it advances to lvl 3( around mountain chimeran strenght)

4) Next 50 players killed made from it a deadly assassin with a strenght of arctic chim.

5) Finally, last stage is achieved after killing 100 players- Dragon lvl

I dunno if its better to have those stages after cumulative number of players killed( so 10+10+30+50 for max creature strenght) or rather make it 10+20+50+100 kills needed for max lvl.

It still always has low health and defense so can be easly killed with col+mirror hits even by ppl with mid/low a/d or by magic, especially if they team up against it.

After some1 kills it, it automaticly goes back to lvl 1 after respawn.

What do u think ppl?

mp

Umm, your idea isn't new at all, this is how I implemented it in the first place (although the exact strength is different than what you suggested).

At first its a newbie creature so it has strenght around cyclops.

;) ummm .... I guess Masterpiter is not the best person to define "a newbie" :laugh:

QoTW for me

BTW, can't wait for this creature to come, any news on when wwe can expect it to show up ?

It seems the only reason anyone dislikes this is they don't want to die :D

Amen!

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience

supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die...that

we may appreciate the enjoyments of living."

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

I say "Amen!" as well.

This is not a MahJongg club, people. EL is a world that has built-in risks and rewards. If you want the rewards, you have to run some of the risks. Everyone wants to eliminate risk from the game, but if you do that -- where's the game element? Where's the challenge? What value is there in your high scores and ranks?

Like Enly, I also have MM perk and love it, but I'm in favor of this leopard idea. Basically, I'm an "all things in moderation" kind of person. I personally don't enjoy being at constant risk everywhere I go, and I don't want to limit my exploring for fear of being ganged by mobs. But that doesn't mean I want a risk-free, ren faire style hang-out site. Having some risk in the game makes me think about what I'm doing just enough to keep EL interesting. For instance, I eat shrooms with only 90hp and no CoL, yet I've never died from them. You learn the risks, you work around them, you learn how to use them. As long as Ent implements the leopard in a way that makes sense -- which of course he'll do, just as he's done all the other creatures so far -- then it will just add an additional element of strategic planning to how I use C2, which I plan to keep right on doing.

Or if great literature doesn't do it for you, how about a tee-shirt slogan?: No pain, No gain

Actually, the original quote is "No pains, no gains." "Pains" meaning "great effort" as in going to great pains over something. Sorry, just one of my many nerd-peeves. :D:brooding: