Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

Also, I think that it should have hunt the rich people more than the poor people because its not fair :blink:

depending how sly entropy is, the leopard might choose afk players who are carrying rosts as its main targets :cry:

seriously: a command like the #il would stop people complaining if they could know if the leopard was alive or waiting for respawning(and how much time left). people would forget to use the command and it wouldnt make much difference, but no one could say they weren't warned :)

Oh, if he has a choice, he will go after people with more expensive items.

However, he will not go after targets he thinks are more powerful that him.

Also, I was thinking, at each respawn, he will have a limited number of potions and rings, including a diss ring, which he will use if the thinks he is losing.

I just saw the movie Predator the other night and it gave me an idea. Why not have an alien that comes to hunt people for sport. Since the alien is hunting for the challenge, it will only attack players with very high a/d or high end equipment...otherwise there would be no challenge for it. Since it is hunting for sport, it would take a trophy from its victims...eg the most valuable thing they have on them at the time and Rostos will do no good. Once it has filled its inventory it will beam out. True to the movie it will have very powerful and accurate ranged attacks. Since its technology is so advanced every time it hits an opponent 1 equipped item will be destroyed. Only players with very high perception 50+ will be able to see it. If anyone manages to kill it, they will have a very short time to clear the area before it self destructs. If they are caught in the blast they die of course and everything in their inventory is destroyed.

how exactly does it benefit people in RL? by god stop bitching it's a good idea will be cool and we should all praise entropy for coming up with it

I guess it was sarcasm :)

Entropy is in fact correct in his belief, it was indeed sarcasm as should have been fairly clear. Anyway leapards already drop meat, which can be cooked, hence the title of the thread is in fact already possible :blink:

Indeed it is a fine idea, and not something that has been done in dozens of other games before, like many of the suggestions in the suggestions forum have been. With balancing and care in implementing it should work great. (If Radu gets killed in one hit, it will probably be needful to rebalance :cry: )

--Duck2

Just to make things clear. Just because a monster has a very high attack, doesnt mean it will hit for 100+ hp's at a time. The amount of damage will be determined by P/C. Since a Dragon has 3000 hit points, its most likely has very high P, and very high will. This animal will have 60ish hit points? so it will have a max p/c (and probably very high instint and reasoning) So it will hit easy..But most likely wont cause damage in the 100's.. I might be completly wrong about this. This is just the way I understand how mobs work.

I spend a lot of time on c2.. harving and mixing etc. I am not a fighter. The idea of a man eating leonard the leopard roaming around scares the ears of my pretty little elf head. BUT.... It is a good idea. Its interesting and adds an element of danger.

There are ways for us poor weak harvers and mixers to get around the beastie. We need to travel in groups of 4 or more. Walk together, harv together, mix together.. and in groups ppl can still go afk to deal with rl. Instead of talking about how do kill the thing maybe we should be discussing a nice safe place for ppl to gather so they can form harving parties???

Just to make things clear. Just because a monster has a very high attack, doesnt mean it will hit for 100+ hp's at a time. The amount of damage will be determined by P/C. Since a Dragon has 3000 hit points, its most likely has very high P, and very high will. This animal will have 60ish hit points? so it will have a max p/c (and probably very high instint and reasoning) So it will hit easy..But most likely wont cause damage in the 100's.. I might be completly wrong about this. This is just the way I understand how mobs work.

For the monsters, the HP has no correlation with the P/C.

I just saw the movie Predator the other night and it gave me an idea. Why not have an alien that comes to hunt people for sport. Since the alien is hunting for the challenge, it will only attack players with very high a/d or high end equipment...otherwise there would be no challenge for it. Since it is hunting for sport, it would take a trophy from its victims...eg the most valuable thing they have on them at the time and Rostos will do no good. Once it has filled its inventory it will beam out. True to the movie it will have very powerful and accurate ranged attacks. Since its technology is so advanced every time it hits an opponent 1 equipped item will be destroyed. Only players with very high perception 50+ will be able to see it. If anyone manages to kill it, they will have a very short time to clear the area before it self destructs. If they are caught in the blast they die of course and everything in their inventory is destroyed.

I do hope the above is a joke!

I do not really fight but I am really loving this idea :icon13:

I do not think it should respect MM cos what's the point? If everything is going to be avoidable with MM, where's the excitement / forethought / cooperation going to be? Nowhere probably....

Not that I'm saying it should be invincible. But as it is going to be a unique creature, I think it would add sooooo much to the game if it was a real beast - you know, made you look over your shoulder more :)

Or maybe, just maybe, a small family of them - Mum, Dad and Junior. Slightly different attributes etc for Mum & Dad and a bit less for Junior. Sometime alone, sometimes pair & single, sometimes acting as a family unit but always on the same / directly adjoining map(s) so you REALLY look over your shoulder. You know, Mum & Dad in Idaloran and Junior in EVTR but then M&D come looking for Junior in EVTR :):devlish::devlish:

The re-spawning timing..... I do NOT think it should come back after 20 hours. I think it should respawn at the next 03.30 following it's death. For a few reasons:

1) If it is killed 1min-19hrs before you log on again, you don't know when it'll be back, if at all while you're on;

2) Whether it is alive or dead, you know at 03.30 it's back and hunting :D ;

3) It would respawn between 6hrs and 1 min from death - could be better for hunting parties to kill it at 03.00 (cos they found it asleep for the day) then 30 mins later they're roaming around again looking for it;

4) It will make C2 more appealing to hunting parties and for guild activities as they know when to meet ("3.30 at PV store?" "Yeah - top idea. See you there.")and can arrange to have a lovely walk around C2;

5) The players less familar with C2 will learn more about it on their travels hunting and it'll become more populated as more people come to know the place(s).

And for those who are moaning about getting caught unaware at storages, I'm sure it wouldn't take all that much for the next update to include 3-4 nice bright lamps at each storage as well as the new creature(s) :unsure:

Totally top idea and really excited :w00t:

TheSpread:

Respawning at 3:30 makes sense, but we have to see how many people he kills per day and stuff, and if he becomes a problem we can make him respawn at 3:30 next day.

Also, I was thinking, at each respawn, he will have a limited number of potions and rings, including a diss ring, which he will use if the thinks he is losing.

Could you make it colour sensative (like a bull) and only go after people wearing Brown cape's :)

Could you make it colour sensative (like a bull) and only go after people wearing Brown cape's :)

Oh, you have the perk :)

I would vote in favor of 3:30 the next day, just because I think daily spawns would make it old-hat and dull too quickly. Keep it rare, keep it interesting.

Oh, you have the perk :)

lol no I dont .. :D

(and it was only a joke..before someone takes it the wrong way)

Ok this is not my attempt at selective reading again , just a summary of what i can gather

1. People have said it will be fun to hunt, but , if your strong enough to kill it , you'll never see it because it will have AI to stay away from you ! Your going to have to corner it , or put some harvester out in the dark as bait LOL

2. It wont attack someone it thinks might kill it, but instead kill the weak and those who are pretty weak but wearing expensive st00f

3. It will stay away from lit areas, this means it will be MORE likely to go in caves etc, because its dark in there

4. It will have the attacking force * comparable * to a dragon ( aparently ) , meaning that not only is it going to attack the weak, but its also going to wipe the floor with them when it does it

5. It is going to take and use equipment, but if its only going to kill weak people, having this monster equiped with a harvesting cloak and a pick axe seems odd ?

This isnt a complaint, i'm just wondering why it is more designed to attack the people who have zit chance of killing it ?

If the thing is a man eater, it will just attack anything in sight , it sounds more like a harvester killer at the moment

Because he is supposed to be an INTELLIGENT monster? Duh.

His intelligence is used for his own good, not for the good of harvesters or fighters.

Ok this is not my attempt at selective reading again , just a summary of what i can gather

1. People have said it will be fun to hunt, but , if your strong enough to kill it , you'll never see it because it will have AI to stay away from you ! Your going to have to corner it , or put some harvester out in the dark as bait LOL

2. It wont attack someone it thinks might kill it, but instead kill the weak and those who are pretty weak but wearing expensive st00f

3. It will stay away from lit areas, this means it will be MORE likely to go in caves etc, because its dark in there

4. It will have the attacking force * comparable * to a dragon ( aparently ) , meaning that not only is it going to attack the weak, but its also going to wipe the floor with them when it does it

5. It is going to take and use equipment, but if its only going to kill weak people, having this monster equiped with a harvesting cloak and a pick axe seems odd ?

This isnt a complaint, i'm just wondering why it is more designed to attack the people who have zit chance of killing it ?

If the thing is a man eater, it will just attack anything in sight , it sounds more like a harvester killer at the moment

Because its intelligent you have to really look at it like its a RL criminal , its not going to attack players it doesnt think it can eat/rob.. its going to be a bully and pick on the weak/unarmed etc.. it might ignore a fighter who is all geared up but wait and get him when he is harving .I dont think any of us are going to be 100% safe, so its cool in my book

I have never heard of a man eating leapard/tiger/lion attacking a platoon of well armed soldiers, or practically anyone head on, instead they DO always hunt the weak, it may be man eating but it is not a crazy rabid monster, if Entropy wanted that he would make some red tagged creatures spawn occasionally (oh, wait, he does they are called invasions :devlish: ). Maneaters are still just wildlife, not alien invaders, they WILL fight anyone when cornered, they will not attack when they think they will die trying, just to eat a meal (don't flatter yourselves, humans aren't tasty enough to die for one meal of them, ducks unfortunatly...).

The consept is that this creature will hunt the weak, who will have to use their head to avoid it, and the Strong will hunt the leapard, and will have to be smart to catch it. Granted, weak people get eaten more, and weak people who don't use their heads get eaten a lot, but that is entirely realistic.

The secondary benifit is that is SO COOL to have a man-eating leapard in game :confused:

(Fifty odd Duck-eating monsters + hundreds of duck eating players, now one human eater and watch the complaints)

--Duck2

Although I am not pleased with presence of such beast at all, as I am ideal prey for it (afk harvester, A/D in 30's), I'm slowly getting used to it. There are only two options for me left, either get over it or get out of here. But I strongly recommend some restriction as interiors, so at least SOMEWHERE CAN MAN BE AFK, as mutlitasking while playing is sort of a tradition IMO :devlish:

I agree with Khalai. Please keep the leopard out of solid buildings like taverns, indoor storages, and houses. Tents, ok, caves, ok, but enough already with the "but it's smart" and "maybe a door got left open." If it's so smart and we're so dumb, why don't you just implement cars and guns so it can drive-by shoot us while we stand in the middle of the road?

Edited by peino

Ruins, obviously. But Orchan houses (or even shacks) are constructed to last.

Just wondering, will it attack bots? If so, you'll find me camping around Shari for protection in the near future :bow_arrow: