Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

I like the idea. I hope this player eating creature will be something different from a leopard, something like a werewolf or manticore (or another nocturn, sneaky, blood-thirsty creature :devlish: ) would make it much more intriguing (and a sort of evil counterpart to the WS roaming unicorn :medieval: )

Rehdon

The whole idea is that it appears to be a normal leopard.......

Could it not be extended so that it may appear as one of say 6 relatively low level creatures - eg tiger/leop/tiger/lion/panther ?

Yep, that was the original idea, but a normal leopard sounds a little trivial: the thing has potential, imagine a night stalker, possibly using armor and weapons (they would be concealed on a normal leopard), with nice graphics suggesting a frightening creature ... would be much more fun! :medieval:

Rehdon

Yep, that was the original idea, but a normal leopard sounds a little trivial: the thing has potential, imagine a night stalker, possibly using armor and weapons (they would be concealed on a normal leopard), with nice graphics suggesting a frightening creature ... would be much more fun! :medieval:

Rehdon

When it kills a few people it'll get higher health, so easy to tell apart. (unless you just mean same model as leopard, with different tag too)

And if it doesn't get higher health... harm ftw :devlish:

(even a low level fighter: damage ring, restore, damage ring.)

And I love the ideas.

~kGn

I like it, adds something to the game thats better than the automatic invasions :medieval:

But please test it on no drop day only for some time, so we'll learn how does it work :devlish:

Amazing idea! :devlish:

And I also particularly like the idea about constants drop from the creature because it will add even more dimension to the thing. It will not only allow people to chase it but also people to detect it. I think it will make people change how they behave when they see a bag lying on the ground... and if the bag was dropped by the creature...? :medieval:

If you keep the leopard model, you can however maybe change the size of the creature depending of its level :blink:

I dont think it is a good idea, but a brilliant one that can only add to the game. :medieval:

Maybe there could be an opening here for a new stone, something like rosto shard which could be more commonly found and cheaper than a full rosto but could be attached to a single item only to protect it, ie for harvestors to protect a cape or col only. I say this a full rosto would probably cost more than a harvesters full carry inventory in many cases - Just a thought.

But please test it on no drop day only for some time, so we'll learn how does it work :medieval:

Why test on NDD... it is only one animal when all is said.

The chances of it finding you are pretty low.... and all you need to to protect yourself is carry a rost.

I carry a rost whenever I have expensive things on me at all times - even when harvesting.... The one emu it takes up is trivial considering the protection it gives!

The only problem would be if you were mixing ings in a bag - If you do - do it at in indoor storage...

When it kills a few people it'll get higher health, so easy to tell apart. (unless you just mean same model as leopard, with different tag too)

And if it doesn't get higher health... harm ftw ;)

I am quite disappointed at you Kagen! :P

You should know by now that Ent is far too ebul to make life that easy. Remember how he 'forgot' to mention that there would be a dragon in the recent contest!

I suspect this monster will have quite high magic resistance and huge health. It might also have some cooldown effect like the tiger that reduces your ability to use damage rings and stuff. Imagine the pwnage if it is wearing a MoL that it looted from a previous kill and keeps getting healed! :medieval:

Now I can see a very good use for archery here :devlish:

I just hope it stays on multi-maps so we can gang it....

Edit

I guest had a scary thought...imagine if you were hunting it on day of the dead, and it respawns full health just when you think you've killed it! :blink:

Edited by EaglePrince

Well i like the idea.... i like the fact that if you kill it, the drops you might get from it!!!

say it eats 10 people before you kill it, swords, armour, items.... could be very interesting :medieval: a big surprise as to what the animal has... i think that alone will make people hunt it down......

I also like the fact it will display the names of people who it ate.... because it will probably eat me a few times lmao.... that will just make me hunt down the animal!!

What kind of Emu would this animal have? since it will pick up certain items and such?

Edited by Misery_Machine

And if it doesn't get higher health... harm ftw :blink:

I am quite disappointed at you Kagen! ;)

You should know by now that Ent is far too ebul to make life that easy. Remember how he 'forgot' to mention that there would be a dragon in the recent contest!

I suspect this monster will have quite high magic resistance and huge health. It might also have some cooldown effect like the tiger that reduces your ability to use damage rings and stuff. Imagine the pwnage if it is wearing a MoL that it looted from a previous kill and keeps getting healed! :medieval:

Now I can see a very good use for archery here :devlish:

I just hope it stays on multi-maps so we can gang it....

Theres also a number of un-mentioned perks it could have, so who knows?

Also as pointed out, if it had low attributes, even with 150 attack or whatever, it would be hard for it to it a well armed fighter. And with 50 defense, easy to hit with top coord and orcslayer.

*shrugs* I just really like this idea, lol.

~kGn

Great Idee !!!

Did some thinking after reading this post.

The new evoluted EL monster hate’s Light. Maybe it’s a nice idée to have a GasLamp ingame (a new engineering object) that runs on petrol (some dung extract) , 1 extract last for 15min of light.

So you can walk save from A to B for a price.

This way we have new usable objects , and Cycloonx can get his beer save from his frig.

Well, we could try it out but I for sure would be very angry if I died while just afking/mixing on C2 :/

I love the idea, too (like I said), but after thinking it over, I am a little worried about the idea of it looting its victims and getting stronger.

If this animal makes for a bit of risk to traveling, plus a real challenge/fun/payoff to hunting it, then it will be a great addition to the game.

But if it just becomes another unkillable dragon-thing walking around, then it will likely keep C2 empty except for the top 5% of fighters (emphasis on the "empty").

So, letting it get TOO strong would be a mistake.

-- It can level a/d but how high can it go? Can it also level its attributes (and nexus too, if it can use weapons/armor), and if so, which ones? I assume it will be strong, agile, have good night perception (being a cat), and have some ethereality from the start, but can it increase those? If it can, and if it gets a lot of kills or a lot of fights because people are hunting it down, then it could potentially level very fast. Even if it levels slowly, it may still become very strong over time. I don't think we want it to become just another toy for the top tier players, that does nothing but instantly kill everyone else. (Note: If it can gain exp from fighting, even if it gets killed, that would eventually make villains out of the fighters who hunt it to keep the lands safe.)

EDIT: Deleted some thoughts because they probably suck. I'll just say, there should be a way to keep its advancement in check.

-- Also, if it loots its victims and uses their stuff, its EMU should not increase, so that it can't carry a god-sized armory on it.

-- As for magic resistance, PLEASE don't go crazy with that. A little goes a long way, as we've seen in the invasions. This animal already makes itself stronger, intelligently hunts us, and can use weapons/armor. At least let us have magic against it! If it has low-moderate magic resistance, hunting it would be good training for mages (remember, Ent, that class you wanted to develop).

-- As for PV storage, isn't that in town, and didn't Ent say the beast would avoid towns and well-lit places? As long as the storages in PV, and EVTR are well lit, they should be safe enough, even if they are not crowded, right? A storage in a place like Irinveron, though, would be unsafe at night.

-- I really do think there should be maps that are safe from the beast. Either pick a couple of maps that are not too useful otherwise (I suggested Irsis and Annitora as examples), or else have it that the creature can't use boats.

-- As for what it looks like, a were-beast would be wonderful, but that requires more work, doesn't it? I think it would be good enough to just super-size a normal cat. Then it might work as an experimental model for "elder/ancient/master" monsters, as was discussed in a suggestion thread.

Edited by peino

-- As for what it looks like, a were-beast would be wonderful, but that requires more work, doesn't it? I think it would be good enough to just super-size a normal cat. Then it might work as an experimental model for "elder/ancient/master" monsters, as was discussed in a suggestion thread.

That would definitely please me :w00t:(that thread is here)

I'm unsure on this idea, I don't say I like it, because I don't, but I don't also dislike it completely (omg, what a sentence). What worries me a bit is that attack strenght, it will kill me instantly, I don't level A/D too much, mixing and harvesting is fun for me (for some, not understadable issue), I love creating things instead of hunting them down. My manufacture level is greater than my A/D :)

I think the idea is neat, perhaps this is some kind of were-panther (would make the storyline on it a bit interesting, and could extend to other creature types...)

I do see one issue that concerns me with it, however. Those who like to help others in channel 1 and 2 and often watch the console a lot so they don't miss the questions (the text is much easier to see with the console open as well) would be at extra risk here.

I guess that would either imply they should only be trying to monitor those channels if they're on c1 or risk death trying to be a helper. Seems mods would be at extra risk here for the same reason, unless there was some kind of warning message when it entered a map. A warning would at least make the person monitoring the console make some kind of 'move' before they got eaten trying to help others.

I guess I'd hate to see the number of helpers drop off due to the fear of getting eaten.

-- As for PV storage, isn't that in town, and didn't Ent say the beast would avoid towns and well-lit places? As long as the storages in PV, and EVTR are well lit, they should be safe enough, even if they are not crowded, right? A storage in a place like Irinveron, though, would be unsafe at night.

I was thinking about this earlier, iirc PV has only 2 entrances to the town, the gate and the bridge.. So how hard would it be for us as a community to place guards at theses area's ? We all go on about how great EL community is and how we should work together more, here's are chance .

If enough people get involveld it should be easy and players shouldnt have to "guard" for to long a periods.

and Im sure there will be a few buisness people hiring themselves out to be caravan/harver guards :w00t:

I was thinking about this earlier, iirc PV has only 2 entrances to the town, the gate and the bridge.. So how hard would it be for us as a community to place guards at theses area's ? We all go on about how great EL community is and how we should work together more, here's are chance .

If enough people get involveld it should be easy and players shouldnt have to "guard" for to long a periods.

and Im sure there will be a few buisness people hiring themselves out to be caravan/harver guards :w00t:

And who do you think will sit and look at a char just standing there ?

It's already boring when you harvest, reason for so many to harvest afk.

You don't know if anything happen, so why not read forum or make some coffee ?

\o

me :w00t: . I wouldnt suggest something If I wasnt prepared to do it myself... but yes I agree it would be boring which is why it would only work if enough players got involved, so people dont have to stand there for hours

edit: but to be honest I dont care if it eats afk harvers/mixers/people at sto.. Ent's idea is good and is still good wether we decide to help ourselves or not instead of just whinging about " nuuu I cant go afk"

note: comment not pointed at you Zamirah just moaners in general

Edited by conavar

I like the idea, but it sounds a bit extreme for a leopard, even a man eating leopard wouldnt stray that far from a regular non-man eating leopard, just be more aggressive to everything. Stats that will/may go to 48 and even exceed, just sounds like it would be a bit tough for some to handle esspecially if it got(leveled) to dragon like a/d stats.

Wearing equipment or using weapons, i just dont see it, armors are made for the humanoid frames; arms, legs,etc. are just not the same between the two. As for weapons they don't have hands to hold the weapon, most animals just aren't sentient enought to use equipment or weapons.

\o

me :w00t: . I wouldnt suggest something If I wasnt prepared to do it myself... but yes I agree it would be boring which is why it would only work if enough players got involved, so people dont have to stand there for hours

edit: but to be honest I dont care if it eats afk harvers/mixers/people at sto.. Ent's idea is good and is still good wether we decide to help ourselves or not instead of just whinging about " nuuu I cant go afk"

note: comment not pointed at you Zamirah just moaners in general

If it turns out its profitible/fun to hunt these creatures, I think they'll be hunted constently, so no need for gaurds.

~kGn