Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

Acelon's thread http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39768 very well conflicts with this idea. Maps like Irinveron, Iscalrith, Trassian, Zirakinbar, and Kusamura, I imagine would be this leopards habitat. If people are living in fear of low population c2 maps, these maps will never be used.

Perhaps a Man eating Lion?
Two; the Ghost and the Darkness. :P

i really think it should ignore MM and invade ALL c2 maps - afk harvesters still can go to c1, and stos will be quite safe as long as there are enough ppl.

if it doesnt attack MM perked ppl what would be the point? it would be another quite normal monster like so many others on c2! i totally agree with ent - some danger only makes this game more fun!

question: would that monster stay outside btw? or will it invade caves and houses too?

Edited by Awevo

Ok, some more info:

1. He will ignore MM (no reason to implement it if he doesen't).

2. He will go on most of the outside maps, and maybe some caves.

3. He will avoid well lit and/or crowded areas. So he won't kill people at the storage if there are more than, say, 4 people there.

4. His attributes will not be limited to 48 (monsters are exceptions from the cap), but it is unlikely he will not be killed in such a long time as to allow him to become really strong.

5. He will be persistent betweens server restarts (keep his stats)

6. He might loot some of the items, and even wear the armor and weapons to make him stronger (of course, it won't be visible).

7. He might keep a list with the kill locations, so if he determines that a zone is better for his purposes, he will be there more.

8. A kill message (both when he kills or is killed) can be done, similar to Joker.

Perhaps a Man eating Lion?
Two; the Ghost and the Darkness. :P

:P Yes! I love it!!

- I think there should be a couple of maps on c2 that remain safe, a la IP, just in case. Irsis and Annitora are good candidates for safe maps because they don't really have much of great value in them, resource-wise.

- On the other hand, if the monster is killed, it won't respawn for 20 hours, so that reduces the risk overall.

- QUESTION, ENTROPY -- Is that 20 RL hours or 20 in-game hours?

- ALSO, will it respawn in various places, like Joker? I think it should.

- I vote yes on server announcements of who gets killed by the creature.

- I'm not sure about the idea of the creature looting its victims. Why not have it leave dbs and then let the server announcements start the races to jump the victim's bag, if you're all so eager to get my stuff? :D

- It should definitely ignore MM.

EDIT: Heh, Ent posted while I was writing this.

Edited by peino

Real hours are 99.9% the same as game hours.... so does it matter?

Acelon's thread http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39768 very well conflicts with this idea. Maps like Irinveron, Iscalrith, Trassian, Zirakinbar, and Kusamura, I imagine would be this leopards habitat. If people are living in fear of low population c2 maps, these maps will never be used.

Ok...even though I'm not a fighter...more of a bag mixer... I love this idea ! And no, I don't believe this will make maps on c2 become deserted. In fact, I believe the exact opposite!

Imagine if this Sasquatch is mutli-combat...

I see groups of people going out to hunt the beast.

And since it can travel to any map, you have no clue where to search. So all of those maps on C2 that are currently deserted... well, chances are the beast will try to hide out there.

Also, I like the idea of "Joker" like reports if someone kills/is-killed-by the beast.

Will there be Garlic and Crosses at the general store... for those bag mixers who fear the night? LOL

Real hours are 99.9% the same as game hours.... so does it matter?

No, it doesn't because I brain-cramped. Sorry. :P

6. He might loot some of the items, and even wear the armor and weapons to make him stronger (of course, it won't be visible).

If he is able to wear armour and use weapons, why not making him more human-like? Something like Nosferatu, a vampire, a werewolf, etc. We are talking about a special single creature, not a race, so we might as well make him a special monster. (Added advantage: you could use the existing 3D models).

I love the idea of the monster levelling... I kind of expected that one day or the other some monster would learn how to cast Restoration! :P

Ok...even though I'm not a fighter...more of a bag mixer... I love this idea ! And no, I don't believe this will make maps on c2 become deserted. In fact, I believe the exact opposite!

Imagine if this Sasquatch is mutli-combat...

I see groups of people going out to hunt the beast.

And since it can travel to any map, you have no clue where to search. So all of those maps on C2 that are currently deserted... well, chances are the beast will try to hide out there.

Also, I like the idea of "Joker" like reports if someone kills/is-killed-by the beast.

Will there be Garlic and Crosses at the general store... for those bag mixers who fear the night? LOL

Mommy, yes!! I'd love it if the monster could always be multi-combat, even if the map isn't (don't know if that's possible). And good luck charms to ward it off, that only have something like a .05% chance of working. :P

Something like Nosferatu, a vampire, a werewolf, etc. We are talking about a special single creature, not a race, so we might as well make him a special monster. (Added advantage: you could use the existing 3D models).

I love the idea of the monster levelling... I kind of expected that one day or the other some monster would learn how to cast Restoration! :)

I'm not asking for a C3... but is there any way to COPY and existing map... like IOTF... and make it NIGHTMARE ISLAND....so it's FULL of undead creatures...and only 1 Dracula.

Now that would be a witch hunt!

3. He will avoid well lit and/or crowded areas. So he won't kill people at the storage if there are more than, say, 4 people there.

Programming wise could that be done in reverse as well . so if a group of players are hunting it ( 3 or more) it does its best to avoid them as well .. then players who want to hunt it . have to HUNT ..

A totally new monster would be better imo but leopard is fine if that what you go for

edit: and at each new update add a new grave stone in IDA cemetary for each person its killed :) ( joking btw)

Edited by conavar

Programming wise could that be done in reverse as well . so if a group of players are hunting it ( 3 or more) it does its best to avoid them as well .. then players who want to hunt it . have to HUNT ..

Yes, he will try to avoid hunting parties as well.

Quick question about switching through maps.

How long will he stay on one map? for instance, maybe if "it" kills someone, it will stay for 5-10 more minutes (maybe less depending on size) on that map. That way, if someone reports dieing, you have to rush getting there.

Just wondering, because it would easier to kill if it stayed in the map longer, but also alot harder is it switched too fast.

~kGn