Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Man (player) eating leopard

A few days ago I was looking at the wikipedia entry for leopard, and I've noticed that a few of them were very good at eatig people (one ate 125, another over 400).

So I came up with a cool idea: To make one monster in the game that will be a man-eating leopard.

He will be relatively easy to kill (defense in the 50s, little armor, maybe 50 life), but he will have a very high attack (comparable to dragon maybe), he will be VERY stealthy, and at night he will randomly go through the C2 maps looking for people to 'eat'. Unlike the other monsters, this one will have some real AI, such as stalking the pray, avoiding populated or well lit areas, and so on.

To make it even more interesting, he will level up as he kills people (something like he will get a pickpoint for each person he eats, which he will distribute over a, d, or attributes). Of course, after he eats maybe 100 people or so, he will be reset to his 'newb' stats, or else it will become impossible to kill. Another possibility is reseting his stats when he dies.

Depending on it's level (how many people he ate), he will drop something very valuble when killed. For example, a special leopard skin that can be used for clothing, and so on.

So, what do you think of this idea? Any suggestions? And I don't want to hear crap like: "omfg, think of the peaceful harvesters". It's a game, and some element of danger is always a cool thing.

P.S. If I implement it, it will be perhaps in a month or more, still busy with other stuff.

P.P.S. If killed, it will not spawn again for 20 hours or so.

Unlike the other monsters, this one will have some real AI, such as stalking the pray, avoiding populated or well lit areas, and so on.

To make it even more interesting, he will level up as he kills people (something like he will get a pickpoint for each person he eats, which he will distribute over a, d, or attributes).

That would be F A N T A S T I C !

Go for it!

So, what do you think of this idea?

I like it. Adds an element of surprise.

I'll be the first to say that I hate the idea. :P Maybe if it was limited to certain maps, but otherwise no.

very nice idea.. what about this monster looting players? i mean he takes dbs, and if you kill it youll get it back!

EDIT: well, if he "eats" people" it may happen he takes a bite of the eqipment, too, and itll be in his stomach then (to prevent ppl saying "how unreal would that be - an animal/monster with equipment!")

Edited by Awevo

I think this if a very cool idea, but I think it should be restricted to certian maps. Not be able to roam over all of C2, be restricted to the jungle/mild climate places. That why they have some safe places in C2 where people can harvest in peace but they will still have a nice piece of C2 where danger can be lurking around anywhere. So some of the good places to harvest would be in a dangerous spot and some not. The harvesters would have to weigh the dangers and positives to the different harvestables. Take the risk and have a closer trip to storage, or go to a safe map but have to walk a little farther to get to storage.

~RunTime

Will he eat people with MM perk?

i think it should i mean its an element of strategy and keeps ppl from afk harvesting

I'm not much of a fighter, or a pker, but I rather like this idea.

I think a unique creature though, of an already legendary intelligence might be more interesting.

I also like that fact that the idea sounds like a rouge monster, mentioning that it would wonder different maps at will. This is would make for a very interesting game element.

Are there any thoughts of what this creature might drop?

Would there be any way to decipher what level it may be at upon encountering it?

Would the creature be able to add to it's reasoning, will, or have the ability to alter it's line of site?

[EDIT] A few thoughts perhaps for a creature:

Griffin

Centaur

Minotaur

Manticore

...etc

Just what popped into my head right away.

Edited by DormantSouL