Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manwich

banned this afternoon

My IP was banned today and I don't know why. I was killing skellies for bones and taking them to storage that was it. I had some trouble with resyncs to the server, logged off and on a few times trying to fix it, gave up and logged off. I just came back 5 hours later to find I am banned. Whats up with the ban?

You tried to log in from a different location? You have a totally different IP when you got the whitelist message than you always did.

I always have. I do not like the idea that anyone can see where I am online. Mistrust of the government and it's Orwellian tendencies. I am a member of the guild TECH and had mentioned this to Maxine and Aduard both previously. I also gave them my real IP address as well as the proxy one. I had not read that a proxy was against the rules. Is it?

So you were using a sock proxy?

As for proxies being against the rules, they are not, but if they are open proxies and someone does bad stuff from them, they will, of course, be banned.

I'd like to add that using a proxy to bypass a punishment is illegal as well. (General blanket statement to everyone in all cases)

In reply to Aislinn, I wasn't using a proxy to avoid punishment. I always use a proxy. I turned it off to be sure that the ban was specifically for me and not my proxy in general. That was something Maxine told me could happen if I continued using Anonimizer.

The proxy is always on it comes up whenever I start my computer, I don't have to go through anything. It is on unless I turn it off.

Well, my logs show now that you were trying to connect from a banned AOL IP...

But I am going to ask again: Why were you claiming to use a proxy to connect to the game when you weren't? And if you have no clue about those things, why do you try to misslead us?

I have AOL also that is what i use for my e-mail but I do not pay them it is Road Runner that I pay my bill to. One of those all-in-one deals(phone, internet, cable) I was claiming to use a proxy because I do use a proxy and I thought that was why I was banned. I still don't know why I was banned. I haven't done anything wrong. I don't have too much of an idea about these things and I am not trying to mislead anyone. I am only trying to figure out what happened. I have been playing along and suddenly I am banned and I don't know why. I always follow all the rules.

You weren't banned.

Your ISP assigned an IP to you that is banned.

Anyway, that IP was banned long time ago, so I unbanned it, it will take up to 20 minutes to be able to reconnect.