Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tonmoor

Unusual client startup message.

I'm running the Linux client (2007/12/11 cvs version because std 1.5.0 was crashing) and I got an unusual message at startup today. When it got to the screen with progress bar bar a box popped up, in the client, saying something like "client updated, restarting now", and the client restarted. Is this usual? I've never seen this before, so I was wondering. I did search the forums but found nothing about this (actaully got no results, is the search working?).

"client updated, restarting now"

Everyone should have gotten it. Radu sent out a message on the game server.

Umm, if you get a message telling you that the client is updated and will restart now, then it restarts, what's so unusual about it?

Nothing, really. It was just the first time that I saw that with elc, it said the client had been updated and I was not aware that elc was self-updating (apart from data in ~/.elc/). Like I said I couldn't find anything in the forums about it, so I decided to ask to make sure no 3b1l h4XX0rs were at work :D Not that I thought that. It's just better to ask a stupid question then not to ask when you should.

EDIT Was that message because there was a larger than normal update to the data in ~/.elc/ , by the way? I had'nt logged in with linux for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Tonmoor

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this