Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Making maps more used..

Maybe stupid but:

Make Isla Prima it's own continent, like a portal. Then use the white stone boat for c1 and add a second boat for c2. New players will much faster get to know c2 and the deserted c2 maps will be used much more, promise

PS. it hit me, what hellmap would be used in Isla? :icon8:

No. :icon8:

Move bots around.

I seen a lot of "put new storage here or NPC there" but imo a lot of travelling players go to use bots as an alternative to NPC/storages...so simply put the bots into the low traffic map with a bit of even distribution and it should pull in more people. The bot owners themselves can tailor the bots to map specific trades.

As to the moving of bots, this can be either:-

#1 Forced move. Radu simply pulls rank and places bots where theyre most likely to attract people, and once theyre there they stay there. This one requires little effort and no programming.

#2 Travelling Salesmen. Each week the Bots are rotated around maps in c2, using some form of automated bot locator to beam them to set locations on various maps in turn. This means that players using specific Bots they prefer would have to travel around to new places each week to get to their favourite tradebots. Again, bot owners would have to be on the ball and tailor the bot trades according to the maps theyre currently "visiting" that week. This one will require some programming for the automated system of BotBeaming but may well be worth the effort?

- PYE

Maybe stupid but:

Make Isla Prima it's own continent, like a portal. Then use the white stone boat for c1 and add a second boat for c2. New players will much faster get to know c2 and the deserted c2 maps will be used much more, promise

PS. it hit me, what hellmap would be used in Isla? :pickaxe:

No. :P

I agree with Acelon on this. C2 is for more experienced players and newbs there would mess(to use a nicer word) it up. Although it costs to get to C2, it makes the game more challenging if everywhere isn't easy to get to.

I think more spawns and resources on the lesser-used maps is the way to go.

Move bots around.

I seen a lot of "put new storage here or NPC there" but imo a lot of travelling players go to use bots as an alternative to NPC/storages...so simply put the bots into the low traffic map with a bit of even distribution and it should pull in more people. The bot owners themselves can tailor the bots to map specific trades.

As to the moving of bots, this can be either:-

#1 Forced move. Radu simply pulls rank and places bots where theyre most likely to attract people, and once theyre there they stay there. This one requires little effort and no programming.

#2 Travelling Salesmen. Each week the Bots are rotated around maps in c2, using some form of automated bot locator to beam them to set locations on various maps in turn. This means that players using specific Bots they prefer would have to travel around to new places each week to get to their favourite tradebots. Again, bot owners would have to be on the ball and tailor the bot trades according to the maps theyre currently "visiting" that week. This one will require some programming for the automated system of BotBeaming but may well be worth the effort?

- PYE

Well unless the extremely limited bot to storage rules are removed and the yearly charges are dropped from bot fees there is no chance bot owners will accept these changes. Paying yearly to be forced to overcome poorly placed bots, especially since only C2 bots would be effected, is completely unacceptable and no one is going to pay for that privilege. Thanks but no thanks.

TirunCollimdus

Well unless the extremely limited bot to storage rules are removed and the yearly charges are dropped from bot fees there is no chance bot owners will accept these changes. Paying yearly to be forced to overcome poorly placed bots, especially since only C2 bots would be effected, is completely unacceptable and no one is going to pay for that privilege. Thanks but no thanks.

TirunCollimdus

I totally agree. When owner pays, he chooses the place for his bot. Moving them elsewhere would have been againts contract conditions and thus subject to refund, but I am not sure about it, I may be also wrong.

Bottomline: no moving bots whatsoever