Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Making maps more used..

Yes, i'm hoping the arenas will be an 80 a/d and 100 a/d arena (keeping in uniform with previous arenas; 40, 60).

Anyone who's saying the arenas wont be used due to location... you're wrong, they will... 80's -119 a/d'ers want to PK, a lot... more than the people who could be using Naralik arena.

I'm talking about level based arenas, not plain PK areas :hug:

I see. Well, I like the idea of level based arenas very much. In reality, I'm not convinced they really work in EL, but... yeah, that would be great.

I'm talking about level based arenas, not plain PK areas :hug:

I see. Well, I like the idea of level based arenas very much. In reality, I'm not convinced they really work in EL, but... yeah, that would be great.

They work.. at least in Desert Pines arena (40 a/d and lower).

Here's an update on a few extra things...

3 new level-based arenas. (Different levels than the c1 ones).

One is in Kusamura, one is in Zirakinbar, the other is in Fort Telmont of Iscalrith.

The cold damage in fort telmont has been removed

c2 portals room portals have been updated to more useful/strategic placement when teleported

Irinveron recieved two new portals to connect the village/storage to glacmor/irinveron caves.

A secret or two here and there.

Plans to move the c2 hazardous storage to Melinis sewers.

A pair of outhouses placed in Melinis as well.

They work.. at least in Desert Pines arena (40 a/d and lower).

All I ever see in DP arena is the same small club of people with real stats well above the 40 a/d limit either asking to be attacked or TSing themselves down so they can attack with their superior p/c and human nexus equipment and knock others out as fast as possible.

Here's an update on a few extra things...

3 new level-based arenas. (Different levels than the c1 ones).

One is in Kusamura, one is in Zirakinbar, the other is in Fort Telmont of Iscalrith.

The cold damage in fort telmont has been removed

c2 portals room portals have been updated to more useful/strategic placement when teleported

Irinveron recieved two new portals to connect the village/storage to glacmor/irinveron caves.

A secret or two here and there.

Plans to move the c2 hazardous storage to Melinis sewers.

A pair of outhouses placed in Melinis as well.

High freakin' time, too. Phew! :hug:

Nice :hug:

Hope we don't tele down in Fort Telmont arena when we use telering. :)

Edited by Zamirah

If we're not talking about adding many more storages, then perhaps the size of the maps issue could be addressed.

I figure it'd be quite difficult to downsize these maps, but how about some 'sectioning' off of some areas, to make the spawns not roam quite as much? That seems to be the largest concern for hunting in these large maps. Finding spawn points can be quite difficult and if you miss the spawn who knows where the creature might end up... (it also seems to apply to most of the maps you listed.) Perhaps some walls, or hedges, fences, whatever. :D

As far as hurquin goes, maybe removing some of the 'smaller' critters, like sprites and putting in panthers (or something a bit larger) would increase the usage... After you get past feran and leopards there's really nothing good outside to hunt there.

Sedicolis isn't really good for FEs as someone suggested, let's consider how far apart the resources are and how easily you can get the same things in some place like EVTR. Even though you can get back to PV fairly quickly, combining on site just makes no sense there without a storage of some type closer to those resources. Other than that, I think there's quite a bit of traffic there for hunting goblins (maybe some skeletons or gargoyles added would spice it up a little...)

Someone also suggested to me the possibility of 'static' spawns in some areas. Like camps of monsters that don't wander. Perhaps this would also make hunting in larger maps more feasible. These camps might also have 'assist' ranges, such that if you attack one monster there, they might all just attack you in a form of assiting their 'friends'. They might also attack you if you got too close to 'their space.' This might require teamwork and planning to assault these camps and break them down.

Just thought i would throw my 2 cents in...

Well Zirakinbar's castle is definitely missed, i used to train in there many times, for gargs,skellies and armed skellies.... great for the starting fighters.... also the phantoms for high lvls was great. Now if you are adding better boat access is there, it would be great to have that re-opened if possible, to add to the training grounds for low lvl fighters new to c2. Zirakinbar also used to have some resources that were removed, but if some resources could be added to different parts of the map, with the new boat access, that also might bring in more mixers with storage in irsis close to the boats.....

Trassain i believe is nearly perfect the way it is, Silver cave is probably the most used in the game, and the big cave in trassain, is absolutely one of the best for onsite mixers, since it pretty much has everything... i hunt polar bears there, since it isn't too large of a map, they are easy to find, possible add 1 or 2 more, so multiple people can be training or collecting furs....

Kusamura is a great place for collecting meat from lions, but i only seem to find one there. There is a coal mine, but maybe a different resource that could be combined with what is there, would be great. This map is fairly large, and connects alot of maps, it should have good amount of traffic travelling, maybe some mid lvl monsters could be added like some male ogers or unarmed orcs roaming to add to the lions and tigers and panthers.....

Irinveron is a another BIG map, the new manu school close to storage ( doesn't seem to work for me ) but is great for us manu people.... also with the addition of the tailoring NPC, maybe some benifit for tailoring crowd there for such things used in there skill would bring some people in....

Edited by Misery_Machine

I don't have time to expound much upon these ideas right now, but here goes:

1) Level based arenas will take people out of main PK maps. PK is already dead, even though most PKers flock to C1 maps as it is (so theoretically, a higher concentration). An update (caps attribute) was just put in which should help to liven PK. I'd really rather not see the crowds thinned out in KF before they even re-form.

2) Would more people visit C2 if the entrance were more open (rather than being a secret), and maybe the NPC price went up a little to compensate (as a gc sink)? (200gc for non-anti, maybe 400 for antisocial?) This would also promote C2 ring sales from crafters.

edit: added italicized parts.

Edited by asgnny

2) Would more people visit C2 if the entrance were more open (rather than being a secret), and maybe the NPC price went up a little to compensate (as a gc sink)? (200gc for non-anti, maybe 400 for antisocial?) This would also promote C2 ring sales from crafters.

Yes, making the route to C2 more visible would definitely get more people over here. I'm not too sure about increasing the travel costs, but it would give crafters more sales of rings as newer players buy them from market or from bots. I idle my time in PV a lot and I sell a couple of C1 rings a few times a week to those that ask in local. I could easily see this happening in C1.

Just thought i would throw my 2 cents in...

Well Zirakinbar's castle is definitely missed, i used to train in there many times, for gargs,skellies and armed skellies.... great for the starting fighters.... also the phantoms for high lvls was great. Now if you are adding better boat access is there, it would be great to have that re-opened if possible, to add to the training grounds for low lvl fighters new to c2. Zirakinbar also used to have some resources that were removed, but if some resources could be added to different parts of the map, with the new boat access, that also might bring in more mixers with storage in irsis close to the boats.....

Trassain i believe is nearly perfect the way it is, Silver cave is probably the most used in the game, and the big cave in trassain, is absolutely one of the best for onsite mixers, since it pretty much has everything... i hunt polar bears there, since it isn't too large of a map, they are easy to find, possible add 1 or 2 more, so multiple people can be training or collecting furs....

Kusamura is a great place for collecting meat from lions, but i only seem to find one there. There is a coal mine, but maybe a different resource that could be combined with what is there, would be great. This map is fairly large, and connects alot of maps, it should have good amount of traffic travelling, maybe some mid lvl monsters could be added like some male ogers or unarmed orcs roaming to add to the lions and tigers and panthers.....

Irinveron is a another BIG map, the new manu school close to storage ( doesn't seem to work for me ) but is great for us manu people.... also with the addition of the tailoring NPC, maybe some benifit for tailoring crowd there for such things used in there skill would bring some people in....

The manu school was bugged. I submitted a fix for it, so it should work next update.

As I said before, we'll work on getting the castle reopened, but currently, isn't useable. *Waits for sistema to log on*

The manu school was bugged. I submitted a fix for it, so it should work next update.

As I said before, we'll work on getting the castle reopened, but currently, isn't useable. *Waits for sistema to log on*

Thanks, i never received an anwser back on the manu school before( soon to be my new home ). Thanks again.

i under stand about the castle, i also heard that you were looking to do some changes to the layout, hence why it was originaly closed i think. (i could be wrong)

Edited by Misery_Machine

I know, it's maybe too easy, but the entrance to Dra Syn is barred at the moment. Can't it just be opened? I needed to ask, if I didn't, I could have missed the opportunity.

drasynau9.jpg

Let's unconceal it! :pickaxe:

I know, it's maybe too easy, but the entrance to Dra Syn is barred at the moment. Can't it just be opened? I needed to ask, if I didn't, I could have missed the opportunity.

drasynau9.jpg

Let's unconceal it! :icon13:

Nah :pickaxe:

1) Level based arenas will take people out of main PK maps. PK is already dead, even though most PKers flock to C1 maps as it is (so theoretically, a higher concentration). An update (caps attribute) was just put in which should help to liven PK. I'd really rather not see the crowds thinned out in KF before they even re-form.
I do get what you're saying Asgnny, but we're just so freakin sick of all the 130+ a/d'ers sitting in NC arena all allied/friendly with each other on NDD... with the rest of us all sitting as a big crowd outside the arena (i.e. see youtube vids)... knowing that when one of us does decide to enter the arena we are guaranteed death due to multiple people way stronger catching our diss.

I really like the idea of numerous lower level people ganging a higher level person in KF (or any multi map)... so long as a few people are up for it i would still want to actively hunt 130+ a/d'ers in KF as a group... but i would also really like to see a place where we can have 1vs1 fights without way stronger people showing up to catch our diss.

At level based arenas on NDD the action would not stop (even not on NDD :pickaxe:)... thats what happens when everyone is fairly evenly matched.

They dont just sit outside the arena cause they're guaranteed death if they enter... they Fight! More Kills! More Busted Armor! More Action! More Fun!

Having a fee on the proposed boat(s) which would travel between Seridia and Irillion would be good, I think. That, maybe with the raised price which Asgnny suggested, would deter many new players.

I might also suggest continent-specific flags on the boat(s) (In addition to the toll NPC), as it'd make them stand out; if people notice them more easily, they'll be thinking about them more often, thus being more likely to use them.

Edited by Hazor

With the hazardous storage being moved, and the willowvine storager being added, that is the last of the suggested fixes implemented. The rest I mentioned will come with the client update.

Now is there any more last minute ones that would work?

Now is there any more last minute ones that would work?

Lots and lots of new ogre/cyclops/fluffy/put_your_favorite_monster_here spawns? :D

Rehdon

Because of these new speed improvements, and because of the arrows, the update will take slightly longer than we estimated, the release date will be probably sometime at the end of March.

Guest FiiDO

Maybe stupid but:

Make Isla Prima it's own continent, like a portal. Then use the white stone boat for c1 and add a second boat for c2. New players will much faster get to know c2 and the deserted c2 maps will be used much more, promise

PS. it hit me, what hellmap would be used in Isla? :icon13: