Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EaterOfSouls

Reloging bug

If you are involved in combat you cannot relog into the client until the person/monster either releases you or you/it dies. I have tested this and as soon as partner released me I was then able to relog back in.

Eos

If you are involved in combat you cannot relog into the client until the person/monster either releases you or you/it dies. I have tested this and as soon as partner released me I was then able to relog back in.

Eos

I don't think this is a bug. Its a feature to prevent people from logging out in the middle of a fight to live.

lol you don't log out. The person can keep you there. You just can't relog back in..... Not as if Im saying logout to get out of a fight :/

The problem is, in order to prevent you from leaving the fight, the server isn't freeing the connection.

Do you understand to log back in, requires a new connection to a now expiring connection.

You are assigned a user id by the server, your previous ID will expire with the connection before you can

log on. (Because of it stopping you from logging out of a fight). Server handles things by user ID and not

by your name.

i think EoS problem is not that he wanna have a free diss with just logging out..

his problem is rather that he should be able to log back in so he can actually DO something against

getting owned slowly/fast/however when he grued out/crashed...

I know what you mean robotbob but i doubt thats what EoS' problem is...

Besides i almost believe.. wasnt it possible way back in time actually that you could log back into the fight?

i feel like it was oO

Edited by Scorpius

It would require the server to kill the current connection (which is in the state of timing out)

A grue is two missed heartbeat packets. (50 seconds abouts).

THEN reassign the same user ID to the person that just had their connection disconnected.

(I not talking about what he -wants- I'm talking about what happens. not a bug)

That isn't supposed to happen, but I fixed some other bugs in that relogin function that could have caused this problem.

Can someone else confirm it?

That isn't supposed to happen, but I fixed some other bugs in that relogin function that could have caused this problem.

Can someone else confirm it?

I saw this happen yesterday to one of my guildies. She had grued while pvp'ing, and was unable to log back in until her pvp partner used a disengagement ring, then sat watching her for about 20-30 seconds until she poofed. Only then was she able to log back in.

The old behavior was that if one grued during combat, it was possible to log back in, perhaps in time to restore health before dying.

I just tested fighting a monster. I couldn't log back in until I died. Once the fight was over due, to my

death. I was able to log back in.

EDIT:

The client appeared to load the map 4 times, eventually it stopped.

I was forced to close the client and reopen it to log in.

Edited by robotbob

Ok, I updated the test server with a fix. Please try to log in there and duplicate the problem, to see if it is fixed.

I also added some new code that was not supposed to go live so fast, because I was planning to update the server binary in a few weeks. So please make sure that wearing/unwearing items doesn't cause issues, and also check if after log in the wearing items stats are correct (use the #arm command).

Tested the code for logging in during combat, I was able to successfully login while fighting a fluffy. Removed different armors and was still successful. Everything appeared to be the same with the #arm command. Adding/Removing items changed all the #arm command details.

Hope this helps.

UiA

I think this happened to me today also!! Not 100% sure if it is the same problme!! EL froze on me and had to log out!!

Couldn't log back in at all!! Took about a minute b4 I could log back in!!

Ok Its in working order I engaged and loged out n log in!! Will let you know when it happens again!! Or I just need a huge lag for it to happen again!! Maybe the problem is from my end of the sticks!!

yeah maybe!! IP is a dynamic IP address!! But all my other applications thats needed internet connection were running fine!!

Well will post here if it happens again!!

Thanks