Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kelnor

mercury extraction

When you extract mercury from cinnabar you use 2 cinnabar ores + 1 energy essence, which weigh 2*2+1=5 EMU, and you produce 2 mercury which weigh 2*3=6 EMU, so you create matter.

IMO cinnabar should weigh 3 EMU each, so this formula makes sense :lipssealed:

When you extract mercury from cinnabar you use 2 cinnabar ores + 1 energy essence, which weigh 2*2+1=5 EMU, and you produce 2 mercury which weigh 2*3=6 EMU, so you create matter.

IMO cinnabar should weigh 3 EMU each, so this formula makes sense :lipssealed:

Actually, it would probably make more sense if the emu dropped, so maybe you need to use more cinnabar or make less mercury?

If more cinnabar is used or less mercury is produced mercury price will rise.

If cinnabar weighs 3 EMU instead of 2 and the formula does not change you use 3*2+1=7 EMU to make 2 mercury = 6 EMU, so EMU drops and mercury price is not affected

Edited by Kelnor

If more cinnabar is used or less mercury is produced mercury price will rise.

If cinnabar weighs 3 EMU instead of 2 and the formula does not change you use 3*2+1=7 EMU to make 2 mercury = 6 EMU, so EMU drops and mercury price is not affected

Only problem with that assumption is that cinnabar prices probably would rise, as emu of a harvestable affects the price.

Only problem with that assumption is that cinnabar prices probably would rise, as emu of a harvestable affects the price.

I agree, but most people only harvest cinnabar for the exp, and it is slow to harvest, therefore trips to storage arent so important. Price wont change much

I agree, but most people only harvest cinnabar for the exp, and it is slow to harvest, therefore trips to storage arent so important. Price wont change much

I think very few harvest for xp, I make a lot spirit and death ess and as I lost 600 emu after the cap, am I not going to sell many of these ess but only make for own use - take too long time to bring the cinnabar to storage.

So I think the price will go up.

Matter is just another form of energy. So, let's say, that energy essence contains enough energy to produce 1 more EMU if used in proper process. Means cinnabar 2 EMU (4 EMU total) plus EE 1 EMU plus 1 EMU as released energy from EE makes it 6 EMU. Satisfied? :icon13:

Of course I am exaggerating and twisting some physics, but there are many other "illogical and irational" things in the game...

Don't put out a fire, if there isn't any they say.

It doesn't break the laws of physics for mercury to have a higher EMU than its ingredients, since EMU may represent more than just mass.

RPG systems often use terms like 'EMU' rather weight or mass for objects; this allows other factors to be considered in assigning their encumbrance.

Encumbrance can include awkward shape, fragility, etc. So an egg and a pebble may have the same mass, but the egg has a higher encumbrance because it requires more careful handling.

So two lumps of cinnabar ore and an energy essence are easier to carry than a pool of liquid metal.

So I think the price will go up.

Since when did people in market channel actually take any notice of anything like supply or haulage or mixing cost (food) when it comes to prices, other than their own self-interest to get the items as cheaply as possible.