Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Acelon

Partial Storages

Well dogbreath, I'm sure we can figure out strategic places to put them. Before posting, I already had a few in mind.

Well dogbreath, I'm sure we can figure out strategic places to put them. Before posting, I already had a few in mind.

I wish you luck on this idea as it would be nice to see more utilization. I'll keep this in mind in my travels and if I think of any locations that might be good I'll let you know.

There are places in game where it would be nice to have easy access to vials, food, coal, essences, potions, and even places it would be nice to have access to certain flowers. I think partial storages that are in places with lots of animals and with certain resources available could make mixing while killing for bones to make the stuff would be very interesting. Kusumara is the place that comes to mind first. I can think of a lot of places that could see a lot more traffic without things being too easy. :)

Tirun

I like the idea, it would really make it more profitable to go to different areas as to others. (hehe, this sounds just like everyone elses reply :wub:

Edited by Isenwolf

Tbis idea would only work in the context of splitting main storages in categories, and make each map have a storage with a few categories.

I think it's not storages we need on the empty maps, it's something to mine.

ROT, GP, Willowvine, Irin and Iscar have no mines, Kusamura only coal.

I like to mine in Bethel or Ida mine, where I can kill some monsters too.

I miss the fluffs and dchims in Melinis city, boring to harvest diamonds now.

To use teleroom to get to storage is a good way to train magic.

I don't care for this idea. Especially if all storages are divided up into groups. Too many items would have overlap, and I can't say I am so thrilled with the idea of being "told" where to do what I want to do, or add even more travel time to get what I need then go back to where I want to be.

I don't think storages are the reason for empty maps, or should be the bandaid to "fix" it. Certain maps are empty due to design flaws, whether it be in the actual map itself or what was put on it (or not put on it as the case may be).

Some are just too complicated, some are just too large with very little on it, some have absolutely nothing useful on them at all.

Tbis idea would only work in the context of splitting main storages in categories, and make each map have a storage with a few categories.

This sounds like a huge step backwards. Please do not make ALL storages partial storages (that's how I'm understand your post). As much as I like Acelon's idea, if the choice is between 1) leave as is currently and 2) have partial storages on all maps, then I will definitely prefer the "leave as is" option.

lilcnoot

What if these "partial storage" location were instead "deposit only" locations? Think of it as a UPS or FedEx satellite station where you can ship your stuff to the main storage. It wouldn't make mixing easier by giving you access to stuff, but it would make harvesting at that out-of-the-way map more inviting with a closer place to store the harvested items.

I like the original idea (by Acelon), but also bkc56's one. Of course it could be deemed to be making the game too easy, perhaps it could be tested on only a handful of maps. Fact is, even in the best harvest location you have to walk a little bit to the store, having your harvest sent directly to the store sounds too good to be true.

Rehdon

Willowvine+Kasumara are known for their ti mine/cave just to let you know...

where I've made up to 60k in a single session. (average of 10k with 5 pickaxes)

Willowvine+Kasumara are known for their ti mine/cave just to let you know...

where I've made up to 60k in a single session. (average of 10k with 5 pickaxes)

I know a better place for making bars.

It has both coal and ore and are closer to storage.

I use to alc in the mine.

I would like a coal/silver ore place.

Have not found any but it would make me go to the map even if far from storage.

Fact is, even in the best harvest location you have to walk a little bit to the store, having your harvest sent directly to the store sounds too good to be true.
Just to clarify, I was not suggesting stuff would go directly to storage. I was suggesting you'd walk to a deposit-only NPC to put it in storage. It would be a shorter trip that going to a different map that has a full storage, but would still involve some muling.

I like the idea of having a deposit only on each map. That would encourage me to go to these other maps and use them more. I would not like it if all storages were partial where you could only access certain categories. In my opinion that would be a regression of the game.

I am against this idea. If I will not have any document or paper or golden http://www.el-cel.com/ site I dont remember all types of resources in all storages in the maps of EL. I dont want to running from map to map for doing this items then to other map to do other items. Its waste of time and I will not like some unvisited map more than before. I will hate it more because I have to visit map for only reason and Its storage. I will visit storage on this unvisited map and then I will go back to other storage on other map.

I dont want to see newbies which will come to storage and they will not deposit something from his inventory. I think that It will be annoying for this newbie and he wil end of playing of EL. EL is good for his simple understanding.

Its better for unvisited map to make some reason why I will go to "unvisited" map. Some type of resource to harvest and this resources are very important and very usefull or Its better to make some good spawn of creature(s). Its better than make EL more complicated. :D

Edited by Kuldor