Eternal Lands Official Forums
Logger

Summon skill......

Was wondering would any1 bother levelling this skill anymore considering u can buy dam strong monsters from NPC already in the form of stones...

Over 3 years ago wen i started EL, i levelled summon with a passion (1st to level 50) because i knew it would help me in PK as i couldnt buy some strong monster from an NPC, me actually levelling helped me to PK with monsters instead of buying them. As proven for example when -EF- made war with ^v^ me being the highest level summoner then, allowed me to summon some strong monsters (fluffies/chimmies) which gave me a lot of kills and drops for the 1st time on EL, which made me happy, coz it showed my hard work payed off.

Now however i don't see a reason y any1 would even bother contemplating taking this skill seriously on the PK server, as it is simple enough to buy the strongest monsters in the game from an NPC, and people dont even have to get 1 skill level in a/d or summon to kill sum1, e.g. some newb with 20 health on the 1st day of PK server, summoned a bear and killed me instantly, didnt have a chance, no time to even react with my own bear if i had 1.

IMO, these stones are ruining the gameplay of the PK server, no teamwork is needed atm, just gc, as a tiger can wipe out 10+ people pretty quikly, (2 hits each person), and without many people havin diss rings at this early stage, that = death. and not just that u'd need like 70 a/d to kill a tiger efficiently, cant really see anybody getting near those levels soon.

I know u say people could summon their own tiger/bears/wotever to defend against the oppositions summons, but this is pretty hard due to death in 2 hits, even with superhuman reactions it's hard to select the use button and find the stone, especially if it was a suprise. and now it's even harder to do it due to the fail rate.

I appreciate that u added a fail rate, but imo it isn't enough, I think they should be removed so we can actually use teamwork more efficiently on the "PK" server and actually take the summon skill more seriously for people who actually like that skill.

*Edit* sorry for long post, just thought i'd say pretty much all i feel bout this atm :)

Edited by Logger

Summoning is used more to make money selling stones rather than as a combat skill.

=(

I do know a few people leveling summon though.

Edited by SL7yz0r

I agree, stones are terrible

Example:

Earlier me and my 2 mates suprised Theflyingpig while he was harvesting, he summoned a white tiger and made us flee/die in about 3 seconds

Edited by snoozy

yeh few r levelling, but i doubt they would actually go far with it, as it is costly and it is cheaper to buy summon stones to use than to actually bother levelling the skill, and quicker also.

Edited by Logger

Edit: never mind, mis-read something.

Logger made that topic. He already seen it

This doesnt fix the problem , but makes it a little bit more expensiver

ah i quoted u abit to late :)

Edited by snoozy

yes, that was the solution to the summon stones, i'm now talking about the skill. And the stones themselves are making this skill pointless imo, with alts getting gc 24/7 and all

Edited by Logger

This did not solve the problem bkc, a kamikazee summoner who happens to hate me has stopped my training dead in tracks, now a few others are starting to do the same. I have no defense against his stones, and he kills me 1/4 visits. I think stones need to be removed in PK server to stop these dam kamikazzee asses AND to bring back summoning as a skill useful in PK.

Edited by SL7yz0r

another suggestion, maybe u need a certain summon level to use the stones... the higher the stronger the stone

Edited by Logger

I agree with this, am starting to dislike these stones more and more

I am one of those kamikaze summoners and i consider it as a tactic. Many of us do not have the time to level 12 hours a day to just fight somebody who trains that long. We have other things to do in life.

So we spend 1k or so to "try" and kill someone. That person has many choices and can protect themselves.

For example diss rings.

beam me

teleport

summon stones

bear fighting book

summon rats

run

dont go into pk with something you cant afford to lose

Maybe there are more precautions?.

Summoning problem has been sorted. However many *CO* are unhappy that i continue to use them even though they cost me a lot of gc.

Edited by PowerWarrior

This did not solve the problem bkc, a kamikazee summoner who happens to hate me has stopped my training dead in tracks, now a few others are starting to do the same. I have no defense against his stones, and he kills me 1/4 visits.

On the other hand, some PKer n00bs with good armor and a big sword stopped my training too. I had no chance to defend me, coz i didnt had the money to buy a sword or better armor.

So what?

I think stones need to be removed in PK server to stop these dam kamikazzee asses AND to bring back summoning as a skill useful in PK.

I'm working on that right now, be sure :)

Piper

Sorry but the point of this topic really is the use of the summoning skill, it basically isn't needed anymore.... would be good for it to be a decent skill for this PK server, like the rest of the skills. And i do agree without the summon stones having a casting level it ruins the aspect of PK really...

Edited by Logger

Sorry but the point of this topic really is the use of the summoning skill, it basically isn't needed anymore...

It is. Just give me a few days to level :dry:

Piper

Why do you want to remove summoning stones?

Just because you cant grab right now a big sword and kill everybody, but have to fear to get killed by a bear?

Seriously, i dont get that attitude, that you can PK everybody without any risk and take the loot, but dont want to get killed yourself.

The summoning stone is the rosto for the poor noob on the PK server. Its similar, but it doesnt work automatically.

You can still PK someone who has some bear stones with him and win. If someone is AFK, s/he cant click on the summoning stones, so you might even get a drop including summoning stones.

Doesnt sound that bad for me, hu?

And that ppl hunt you with summoning stones, its the same if you hunt AFK ppl with a big sharp sword. Just accept it, that you just cant kill everybody with your sword.

PK server doesnt mean that you always win, so expect some surprises.

And to stay on topic, summoning skill will be powerful on the PK server. Just because you cant use it, doesnt mean, that it isnt powerful :dry:

Piper

i dont care if summoning skill is powerful or not, i just sed y would any1 bother levelling it now, wen it's easier to harvest and buy stones? And i remember wen levelling and working hard on a skill was the rewarding way to PK.

and a big sharp sword... as u put it, has no use with no levelling of a/d... right... whereas a summon stone, well 0 summon is good enough for that..

And as for the poor noob on the PK server, levelling might help, that's partly the point of EL.

Edited by Logger

Summoning is still useful. no ones using it atm cause they need to train up, theres a steep curve on useless to useful summons. I for one am hard at work on my summon lvl, though i dont have a massive-take-over-the-world-using-summons (?) plan like piper appears to :dry:

a kamikazee summoner who happens to hate me has stopped my training dead in tracks
plz dont refer to summon stone n00bs as summoners, they did nothing to deserve the title :dry: Edited by 1st Warrior

Okay, this is to the point where i cannot train AT ALL!

1 person happens to hate me, he spends his time on his naked alt, looking for me 24/7!!!

I have lost 20k+ GC to this obsessed loser...

I have no defense against his stones!! If i buy stones, mine fail and I get killed, losing expensive gear.

If they don't fail, I kill him and get nothing because he has summoned by then and his stone either worked and killed me too, or didnt and i still get nothing.

Especially when my training spots are limited, because of no pvp exp, HE ALWAYS FINDS ME.

Summon stones are TO STRONG! People who use them are INVINCIBLE... With 0 risk involved when using a naked alt.

Edited by SL7yz0r

I don't see why stones should be removed now. If 3/4 of them fails, no one will buy high level stones, like giants and chims and bears and tigers are needed to kill players with CoL. They can be problem at first, because everyone are so low, but later they are pretty easy to kill, but they makes pking bit easier against players with CoL/MoL. U can't summon white tiger with "real" summoning skill (if it hasn't changed after I stopped playing), so I think summon stones are good for that at least.

That's my opinion. I don't see them as problem atm.

They all have changed there minds because i have killed them. Just because i kill you with stones does not mean that they should be removed. They cost a lot and there are many tactical ways you can stop these attacks.

If you want to do it to me then fine. It wont affect me because i can use those methods. Even without diss rings.

You can easily see that the *CO* posting on this topic are whiners because if you look back you will see that they liked summoning stones previously.

For Example:

"You can summon to protect yourself from his summons, so it fair...." <- SL7yz0r Dec 29

Edited by PowerWarrior