Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
redsoxlovr10

storage shortcut key

I was thinking that it would be very convinient to have a shortcut key such as ctrl+s to open the storage window while in range, instead of having to try to get a good view of the storage holder guy and talk to him..

I know that ctrl+s tho is for sigils so mayb something different.

I was thinking along the same lines as cyprom yesterday - we can open a read only storage window any time, and likewise the ordinary storage window becomes effectively read only when we go out of range - so why not combine both? #sto can bring up the regular storage window any time, but you can only transfer stuff in/out within normal range.

no more accidental trade attempts because someone is standing in front of the storage guy

I was thinking along the same lines as cyprom yesterday - we can open a read only storage window any time, and likewise the ordinary storage window becomes effectively read only when we go out of range - so why not combine both? #sto can bring up the regular storage window any time, but you can only transfer stuff in/out within normal range.

no more accidental trade attempts because someone is standing in front of the storage guy

Because then Entropy has to add the code to see what storage you are close to in order open the proper one. The current system would allow a hazmat & a normal storage to be at the same location if he felt like it (but he wont be doing that). The current storage system also allows for more types of storages then currently used.

Because then Entropy has to add the code to see what storage you are close to in order open the proper one. The current system would allow a hazmat & a normal storage to be at the same location if he felt like it (but he wont be doing that). The current storage system also allows for more types of storages then currently used.

1 variable for the map's ID

a second variable to distinguish between hazmat (1) and normal (0) storages

Could be done clientside and retrieved with #sto

one little idea that just hit me could be to just have it so shift+click (or something similar) will let you click on non-player objects regardless of whether a player is in the way or not. Could work with Use and Use With to make it easier to use some shortcuts if they happen to be crowded, or moving around crowded storages

I was thinking that it would be very convinient to have a shortcut key such as ctrl+s to open the storage window while in range, instead of having to try to get a good view of the storage holder guy and talk to him..

I know that ctrl+s tho is for sigils so mayb something different.

This can be relatively easily done client-side.

However, I expect Entropy wouldn't permit such thing :)