Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snoozy

Stats page

Gossip is GREAT! I hear soon, you will be able to talk with people on main server through gossip =D

Will be awesome if its true.

Edited by SL7yz0r

Gossip is GREAT! I hear soon, you will be able to talk with people on main server through gossip =D

That'd be reallly cool :hehe:

And I'll have to agree with sygon.

Actually, the new feature is ready! try a

/gossip TELEGRAM SL7yz0r Hi there! Come over to the pk server- we're starting a guild.

The telegram command works in either direction (pk to main, or main to pk), but remember, some peeps won't have the same name on both sides, so you have to know who you're sending a telegram to.

As far as Hardcore- he's just an old meanie... I think he #ignored me. :lipssealed:

Gossip

heh funny thing is, the stats page pulls up our chars stats on main.

I looked at a few, and i was wondering how it said bkc56 was like 112 some harvest o0

heh funny thing is, the stats page pulls up our chars stats on main.

I looked at a few, and i was wondering how it said bkc56 was like 112 some harvest o0

Understand-Lightning.jpg

http://game.eternal-lands.com/online_pk.htm

The links to the player stats do not work though (go to the main server).

Awesome! ;)

Maybe instead of stats, we could get generic a/d/p/c groupings? ie "noob" for the obvious, "low level" for those 20-30, etc.... While I can see that there are obvious drawbacks to knowing everyone's stats...

I say a little knowledge goes a long way.

I agree with this. I think posting actual stats on the pk server is counter productive, and even straight rank may be a bit too revealing. The answer?

Brackets.

What I would propose is the often used "combat rating" formula (which factors a/d/p/c), divided by 10 and rounded to the nearest integer. In other words- someone with a combat rating of 135 would be in bracket 13, and someone who's a 231 would be in bracket 23. This number could be called a pk bracket.

What's good about this method is- there would still be a fair amount of risk engaging people with the same pk rating as yourself (because a high 9 could kick the butt of a low 9), but players would still have a decent chance of getting away from a fight that turns out to be a poor match.

IMHO, it gives you some grasp of another player's threat, but doesn't give it all away, like the standard rank or stats pages do.

scaf

Edited by scafativ

Lets NOT do this.

I like gossip bot, but I DONT want others to know anything about my strenght kk ty bb.

Just to be clear- Gossip can't and won't give any strength/fighting data that isn't otherwise available from the game. My proposal is for the e-l website- nothing to do with Gossip. And I'm glad you like Gossip's other features.

I think that your position on no data being available is a valid and rational one, I just don't agree with it. If there's no information available on other players, I think that everyone will always be fleeing rather than fighting- I think that a published bracket system would promote fighting, fighting between people who can have reasonable fights. In a way, a bracket system is similar to the capped pk areas on the main server, and that has worked out, more or less. Also- just because your bracket-rating is published doesn't mean you're going to loose the opportunity to chase down and pk lower bracketed players. By the time they look up your bracket, you may have eaten them for lunch.

Here's a thought- how about if the player's size was proportional to the player's rank/combat-rating? That would be a subtle cue- "uh oh, that guy's a lot bigger than me- better flee."

scaf

Edited by scafativ

Here's a thought- how about if the player's size was proportional to the player's rank/combat-rating? That would be a subtle cue- "uh oh, that guy's a lot bigger than me- better flee."

scaf

Like Learner's ants. I like it. Gives even more motivation to get strong, and would make the bullies look silly when beating up on the little guy. As long you got to full size around a/d 40 or so, it would help give new players a chance, but after 40, all is fair (and by that time gives players an opportunity to learn strategies).

No benefit in this. Wanna know people their strenght? Fight them.

Not like seeing someone in pk, oh wait I go check his/her ranks/whatever, oh he/she is stronger than me, lets not attack him.

Whenever I fight someone, and I get owned. After that I might train some more, I dont want other players to know that :) . I wanna be surprise.

Atm its good, we hardly know eachothers a/d, whether someone is low a/d but high p/c or something. Its a mystery. I heard someone was strong, so I tried him out, found out it wasnt too bad.

And also I made people run from me, when they were a lot stronger than me, they just didnt know it :) .

I like it like it is, maybe make a page, where you can see your own ranks, so you know how well you do compared to community, but not off other people.

P.S. Capped arena's on main Majorly failed fyi.

lol... so a 40 a/d gnome is same size as 40 a/d human?

-Dumb idear.

Is a big chihuahua the same size as a big doberman? Jeeze...

Edited by Gossip

Is Chuck Noris the same size as, say.. Arnold?

I dunno- I've only 'been' with Arnold.

I'll take gc over a fist for a chin anyhow!

Gossip (done with this topic)

Is it possible to post a top stats page that is anonymous (no names)? That way people can still see how they compare to others, but no one knows what stats specific people have. Or maybe even a way to find out just your own ranking in comparison to others.

noo :whistle: make top 5 list on all skills except a/d .. since cap anyways

can we pppllease ave this =)

I'd like a top-X list too (excluding a/d if people want that). Although I'd like it to be more than 5, like top-20 or top-50.

Top 50 atm lists almost everyone, so it is kind of silly. Scarr is right with top 5 in my opinion, it makes it so you can tell who are best in a skill (and if you are near top, you can compete with others).

People will want private stats anyway, so no point to it.

Do you think the majority of players want privacy?

Mostly setted privacy on cause a minority of stupids.

Privacy killed the fun in pk and to lvl skills.