Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

Go PK!

It's not that invasions are cheaper than PK.

I use to break 2/3 piece of armor/weapon every week.

I use 500-1k SRS, 100 EMPS, other pots, 2k-4k HE.

Giants break more than PKers and they are all strong, some of the PKers are not hitting much.

So it's not because we are afraid of loosing armor, we don't go PK.

Last time did some people summon a lot of rats, it was a big help, but must have taken a lot of time to collect the ingreds. ;)

Guest ohmygod

I missed the last few invasions cause i got "told" i needed a life outside of EL, else i would have helped for sure :icon13:

Well, how about PKing for the sake of PKing? When you watch TV, or listen to a CD, do you get anything from it other than enjoyment?

When you play a game of chess, do you get something more than when you PK someone?

As for losing the items, that's bullshit. Rostogol stones are affordable, and many times you don't even need them if you diss and tele. In fact, most of the PK fights do not lead to death, unless it's a pr0 versus a n00b.

Try harving a rostogol stone and lets say a tit plate with coal. :icon13: Enjoy your weekend.

yeh, me and tk talked over msn and thought maybe the breakrate got increased... its not normal anymore what we both broke in a few invasions... we would need several days or maybe a week to get that stuff back by harvesting 18h a day. maybe few people dont care, but i guess the most are like:

"why the hell should i fight monsters who dont drop me a shit if i break 100kgc every invasion"

Strange coincidence, I was also experiencing devastating break rates after December 8 update.

What is the worst breakrate with bad astro (in % of normal)? I thought it was only like +11%.

I am aware other astro negatives can increase break rates too (you miss more hits, more criticals). Maybe that plus bad luck affected me, dunno.

Edit: I was busy in RL later, this misfortune didn't last for long. Now it seems +- ok

Edited by vytukas

Maybe had a bad astro day?

Skeptic ftw, tk had good astro even :P

anyway i dont care, but i think thats what some people worry about :)

Eh, pk is gettin better even without ndd's. I went into kf for the last 2 days and finally found someone to pk with. It was 3 on 1 but at least it was a fight :hug: And also, nc arena was full today at one time. Ent is working his ass off to help pk liven up, there comes a time when he can do only so much and the rest falls into the hands of the players to actually pk just to pk (as ent said). I do occasionally see people in pk that tele on sight thats near my a/d i wonder "why?!" at least give me a decent fight even if you know your not going to win. You can always dis/tele. People are so insecure on winning anymore. :wub:

It could be because alot of it still isn't based on how hard you work and pure skill in game, it is because alot of people don't want to lose to a jsoc and other items like that :/

Not complaining just throwing out an idea.

UiA

Well... I missed some points coz of some sentences are really hard for me to understand :)

But.. I have to tell this.. If u never been in PK, u havent played EL yet... All other skills are about NPC or urself... but in PK u re PLAYERvsPLAYER that means u have to use ur SKILLZ in order to kill other player...

NDDs are to encourge people to go in PKs coz its really one that u should taste it at least once in ur EL life. Thats why NDDs should be continue.

Well i promise i ll help invasions from now on... But dont take NDDs off from the game... Its all fun :(

I Contribute as much time as i can in invasions to kill the monster which i can upto atm is mountain chim w/e summons

i lag a fair bit and still manage to kill alotta fluffs/clops whatever, and when the invasion is over then i go PK sometimes before we all need to help to keep them going, well just MO

~bigk

Well... I missed some points coz of some sentences are really hard for me to understand ;)

But.. I have to tell this.. If u never been in PK, u havent played EL yet... All other skills are about NPC or urself... but in PK u re PLAYERvsPLAYER that means u have to use ur SKILLZ in order to kill other player...

NDDs are to encourge people to go in PKs coz its really one that u should taste it at least once in ur EL life. Thats why NDDs should be continue.

Well i promise i ll help invasions from now on... But dont take NDDs off from the game... Its all fun :P

This is great, Kadlub, but I do wish some people would quit saying PK is the only way to play EL. I have tried PK/PvP. When it's about training for exp with no enemies or trophies, etc., just the social thing of playing together, I enjoy it. When it's about competition for PK points, killing people and taking their equipment, bragging about equipment, worrying about equipment, getting jumped without warning, etc., then I don't enjoy it. That's just me, OK? More PKers in EL go for the competitive battle PK than the social pastime PvP, and that's fine because they enjoy it, but it's not for me.

And if EL was only about that -- if that was the only way to have fun in EL -- I wouldn't be here. But it isn't. There are lots of things to do in EL besides PK, and they are just as much fun for us who do them as PK is for you. And it isn't just about NPC or yourself. A lot of it is about social cooperation -- mixing teams that go after difficult goals with big payoffs, hunting parties who combine skills to take down high level mobs, and the excitement and strategy of working together to fight invasions. That's part of the EL world, too, even if it's not the part that you like to play in.

So please, I do wish some PKers would take a break from telling players like me that we're not really playing EL -- especially since, with the earned NDD invasions, a fun part of your kind of EL play is now dependent on my kind of EL play.

Maybe it's asking too much to ask certain PKers not to attack and 1-hit every PvPer they see in arenas so that we can actually train against each other, but at least stop with this attitude like we're playing EL wrong, please.

Look, from everything Entropy has said about the invasions and done about them, I think I'm right in saying that one of the points of them is to get all the playing styles -- PK and non-PK -- playing together for a common reward. That means that we have to learn to respect each other enough to work together, which means we have to realize that different playing styles do belong in the same game. To that end, one way to get more people into PK would be to respect the fact that not everyone likes the same style of PK and pick a few places -- the arenas -- where it's not about full-on PK, and you don't attack without asking first if the person wants to fight you, and if someone calls a private fight between them and their PvP partner, you respect that and stay out of it. If that was the more regular practice in arenas, I think you'd see a lot more people -- mostly PvE players like me -- going in there, training and risking equipment, and maybe some people getting into it enough to try full-on battle PK too.

But as long as your way is the "only" way, then you're not going to get players like me PKing, no matter how much you tell us we're doing EL wrong.

Edited by peino

Well... I missed some points coz of some sentences are really hard for me to understand ;)

Well i promise i ll help invasions from now on... But dont take NDDs off from the game... Its all fun :P

This is great, Kadlub, but I do wish some people would quit saying PK is the only way to play EL. I have tried PK/PvP. When it's about training for exp with no enemies or trophies, etc., just the social thing of playing together, I enjoy it. When it's about competition for PK points, killing people and taking their equipment, bragging about equipment, worrying about equipment, getting jumped without warning, etc., then I don't enjoy it. That's just me, OK? More PKers in EL go for the competitive battle PK than the social pastime PvP, and that's fine because they enjoy it, but it's not for me.

And if EL was only about that -- if that was the only way to have fun in EL -- I wouldn't be here. But it isn't. There are lots of things to do in EL besides PK, and they are just as much fun for us who do them as PK is for you. And it isn't just about NPC or yourself. A lot of it is about social cooperation -- mixing teams that go after difficult goals with big payoffs, hunting parties who combine skills to take down high level mobs, and the excitement and strategy of working together to fight invasions. That's part of the EL world, too, even if it's not the part that you like to play in.

So please, I do wish some PKers would take a break from telling players like me that we're not really playing EL -- especially since, with the earned NDD invasions, a fun part of your kind of EL play is now dependent on my kind of EL play.

Maybe it's asking too much to ask certain PKers not to attack and 1-hit every PvPer they see in arenas so that we can actually train against each other, but at least stop with this attitude like we're playing EL wrong, please.

Look, from everything Entropy has said about the invasions and done about them, I think I'm right in saying that one of the points of them is to get all the playing styles -- PK and non-PK -- playing together for a common reward. That means that we have to learn to respect each other enough to work together, which means we have to realize that different playing styles do belong in the same game. To that end, one way to get more people into PK would be to respect the fact that not everyone likes the same style of PK and pick a few places -- the arenas -- where it's not about full-on PK, and you don't attack without asking first if the person wants to fight you, and if someone calls a private fight between them and their PvP partner, you respect that and stay out of it. If that was the more regular practice in arenas, I think you'd see a lot more people -- mostly PvE players like me -- going in there, training and risking equipment, and maybe some people getting into it enough to try full-on battle PK too.

But as long as your way is the "only" way, then you're not going to get players like me PKing, no matter how much you tell us we're doing EL wrong.

Agreed. Thnx for post... Need to eat now cya :fire:

By the way, after all this, I'm only going to be around for half the invasion this weekend, at most. I'm spending Saturday with my family, and I'm supposed to attend an EL wedding on Sunday. So, see? I don't expect everyone to do invasions, every single weekend. :)

I did try with my low a/d to atleast give the high level fighters that where fighting a chance to heal and acually kill the giants, but then there where always giants at the grave yard and I would get attacked by the time I got out of hell. SO eventually I just gave up and logged out. I know I could have helped in some other way but 1 I was running out of HEs to heal and couldnt stay alive long enough to get to storage and 2 I was tired of dieing the second I got out of hell. We REALLY did need help and I wish the other high level PKers where there and helping us out.

That is all I have to say on last sunday, sorry it is late. :)

Zamolxes