Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

Go PK!

OK, I yelled at Kadlub and he didn't deserve it, so I'm sorry for that.

But this topic is a little frustrating to me.

I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't be better to separate PvE from PvP in EL altogether. If PKers need NDD to keep that going, let them have their own challenges to win NDD days, and let the mass invasions bring other benefits. Some people have suggested other kinds of Special Days as prizes for those.

So, for PK NDDs, let Mortos challenge his worshippers with some kind of war event, and if some goal is reached (like number of kills in the time period, or whatever), they get another NDD PK day.

And for the PvE fighters, let the monster mixes be more about everyone participating, not everyone dying immediately, and if we succeed in killing all the monsters in the time period, and maybe meeting other goals too, we can get an NDD day, or Sun Tzu or Double Exp Day, etc. If not, then we can try again on the next invasion.

And keep the two kinds of events alternating weekly, like Kadlub said.

Also, most of us have been saying that too many NDDs make it not be special or worth fighting for, and that it interferes with too many other activities. Kadlub and other PKers seem to say there can never be too many NDDs to keep PK going. So I think it would be better if PK NDDs applied only to PK areas. They would still get the benefit of regular global NDDs, but their special PK NDDs would not interfere with the rest of us.

EDIT: Or we could do what Zamirah says.

The whole point of the NDD invasions and objective-based invasions is to encourage group activity and cooperation. The NDD is there to encourage people to go face the danger of the invasion.

the NDD is mostly a way to get millions of gc out of the game.

Another way to get millions of gc out of the game would be for us all to drop our gc and equipment in bags and let them poof. If that's all there is to it, why doesn't Entropy just ask us or force us to do that? It would be more efficient than going to all the trouble to set up and run these elaborate invasions. No, I'll go out on a limb and guess that the point is that we should participate in the group event that is being staged.

(EDIT: Added response to Tempest.)

Edited by peino

The whole point of the NDD invasions and objective-based invasions is to encourage group activity and cooperation. The NDD is there to encourage people to go face the danger of the invasion.

the NDD is mostly a way to get millions of gc out of the game.

Another way to get millions of gc out of the game would be for us all to drop our gc and equipment in bags and let them poof. If that's all there is to it, why doesn't Entropy just ask us or force us to do that? It would be more efficient than going to all the trouble to set up and run these elaborate invasions. No, I'll go out on a limb and guess that the point is that we should participate in the group event that is being staged.

(EDIT: Added response to Tempest.)

cause ent is not hitler? the NDD is something that balances the economy out, much armor gets broken, even tommyknocker and me alone broke 1 mill on 3 days, and now imagine what others might have broken.

the NDD gets some (much?) gc out of the game, im not talking about all people dropping there bags or stuff, my point was just that the NDD + invasion is a way for ent to get GC out of the game and let people have fun fighting invasion monsters/pking together.

Yes, the point for Entropy to make them is to get gc out of the game, and the point of the players to participate in them is to have fun in a cooperative group activity. But if it wasn't supposed to be a cooperative group activity, Entropy wouldn't have designed it as one. There are lots of different kinds of money sinks he could have built. So my claim that the point of the invasions, the point of this particular money sink, is to encourage cooperative group activity stands.

But anyway, it's beside the point. The goal of getting gc out of the game would matter if we were talking about cancelling all NDD invasions, but we're not. We're talking about PK and whether PKers should participate in the invasions if they enjoy having regular NDD days.

The topic of the thread is "Go PK!" PKers say they need NDDs to get people into PK. Invasion fighters say that PKers should help with the invasions then, to keep NDDs coming. Now some PKers say, no, they should just get their own NDDs.

EDIT: So I say, fine, let them get their own NDDs, instead of leeching off the days I earn with my gameplay. Let them have PK events to earn NDDs.

Edited by peino

The problem is SD, with the cap in place u need to be 130+ a/d (bit of an estimate) or attacking giants is like throwing yourself off a cliff.

hows about some creatures that more people can actually kill...

Cockatrice, Yeti and M.chim mix perhaps?

Funny thing that you mentinoed it, because I heard that some people can do a 160 harm to the giants.

I tried to harm a giant, did 30 damage, magic level 73, rationality 20.

I'm #31 magic, so I think very few - if any - can do 160 damage.

The topic of the thread is "Go PK!" PKers say they need NDDs to get people into PK. Invasion fighters say that PKers should help with the invasions then, to keep NDDs coming. Now some PKers say, no, they should just get their own NDDs.

EDIT: So I say, fine, let them get their own NDDs, instead of leeching off the days I earn with my gameplay. Let them have PK events to earn NDDs.

I think you will find some players, myself included mean that NDD invasions and NDD pk should be kept seperate.. not so we can LEECH of you but so players who want to can attend BOTH and not have to make a choice that obviously pisses off some players.

senia harmed toom for ~110, but looking at his health ...480 iirc, he must have maxxed out will. so 28 rationality...

since 28 rationality isnt enough for a 110 harm i guess 110+ only works if you maxxed will + reasoning :icon13:

I think you will find some players, myself included mean that NDD invasions and NDD pk should be kept seperate.. not so we can LEECH of you but so players who want to can attend BOTH and not have to make a choice that obviously pisses off some players.

I get that the point of separate days is so that PvE fighters won't feel like PKers are just riding our NDD coattails, like it seems now. But I also think that, if PvE-ers have to work hard to win a day for the whole game, then PKers should also have to work hard for the day they want. So I hope Entropy will come up with some suitable event for them.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about NDD. I could live without it. It would affect how I could fight invasions, but not forever, so what the heck. If the PvE events will still win NDDs, then I would like the additional NDDs that PKer win for themselves to apply only to them. If that's not possible, I would be happy with mixing up the rewards for the PvE invasion events (iow, I'd be willing to give up "my" NDDs), so it's not all NDD weekends, all the time.

I get that the point of separate days is so that PvE fighters won't feel like PKers are just riding our NDD coattails, like it seems now. But I also think that, if PvE-ers have to work hard to win a day for the whole game, then PKers should also have to work hard for the day they want. So I hope Entropy will come up with some suitable event for them.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about NDD. I could live without it. It would affect how I could fight invasions, but not forever, so what the heck. If the PvE events will still win NDDs, then I would like the additional NDDs that PKer win for themselves to apply only to them. If that's not possible, I would be happy with mixing up the rewards for the PvE invasion events (iow, I'd be willing to give up "my" NDDs), so it's not all NDD weekends, all the time.

I think you are missing my point.

Alot of pkers are PvE as well and a lot of "pkers" do and have in the past attended lots of Ida invasions, myself personally I normally go wander round pk then to the invasion or vice versa and I have seen many "pkers" at the invasions helping to earn the NDD but asking every pker to attend every Ida invasion is stupid. thats like saying " everyone who can cast harm or poison should be there helping and not leeching off our NDD mixing there essies with shrooms".

The first invasion after the cap! of course pk maps were going to be full with players testing the new system,its was wrong to think otherwise.

And there seems to be a misconception that all people who pk can kill giants.. a few can yes but alot of players are under 100 a/d and know that after the cap they stand more of a chance in pk than against a giant .

First of all why dont those who want more PK action sign thier name to a '' Make me PKable '' list, and then once or twice a week on a random day you become PKable for 6 hours ?

Or would that interfere with things too much ? :)

I mean, how about as well as capping everyones attributes , and having regular NDD , and adjusting monster attributes, and putting more spawns in , and making magic more important in PK and ... and ... and ..

Is anyone else coming to the conclusion that the problem isnt with PK, or EL, or the economy, or burnt toast but that the problem lies with the people playing the f' game :icon13:

I mean, how many more ways can the game be changed to suit PK before it becomes completely absurd and ''shocking horror'' you have to choose which class you want to be before you even start ?

I will have been playing this game for 2 years this coming easter, not epic like some people, but long enough to have heard '' pk is dead '' so many times i'm sick of hearing it lol

Of course it's dead because you all believe it is, if you posted on channel 6 that you were stood in the middle of KF with 10 COL in your inventory and no rostogol :o PK would come back to life quicker than Freddie Kruger on speed

I think you are missing my point.

Alot of pkers are PvE as well and a lot of "pkers" do and have in the past attended lots of Ida invasions, myself personally I normally go wander round pk then to the invasion or vice versa and I have seen many "pkers" at the invasions helping to earn the NDD but asking every pker to attend every Ida invasion is stupid. thats like saying " everyone who can cast harm or poison should be there helping and not leeching off our NDD mixing there essies with shrooms".

Of course that's true. And the PKers who also PvE and do the invasions would have the benefit of both earned days then. So it's win-win.

The first invasion after the cap! of course pk maps were going to be full with players testing the new system,its was wrong to think otherwise.

That's true, but this particular complaint was going on before the caps, too.

And there seems to be a misconception that all people who pk can kill giants.. a few can yes but alot of players are under 100 a/d and know that after the cap they stand more of a chance in pk than against a giant .

That's not my misconception. There also seems to be a misconception that every invasion fighter would find cockatrice and chims manageable. Those are waaaay out of my league, let alone giants, but I try to help in some way, just because invasions are something I like to do.

Look, I'm not asking everyone in EL to stop what they're doing and do what I like to do. All I'm saying is that if, as some people suggest, PK needs NDD, then PKers should do something to help get NDD, and that includes those few people who are only interested in PK and not in doing anything else. To that end, I would ask them to participate in the invasions, or else make NDD something PKers fight for with special PK events, instead of the invasions. If they don't want to do that, fine, but then they shouldn't use lack of NDD as an excuse why more people don't PK or talk about NDD as being the thing that makes PK fun, the way it seems some people do.

I realize we are only talking about a minority of PKers here, but they are often the ones who sing the praises of NDD and complain that PK is dying or screwed up. Remember, the thread starts out by encouraging people to use the new caps to go PKing, and some people immediately started talking about NDD again. So, fine, I'm just stating my response to that. Personally -- and I've said this in the past, too -- I don't avoid PK because I'm afraid of losing equipment. If I liked PK, I'd do it without NDD, and if invasions include monsters I can fight or use tactics to help fight, I'll do them without NDD too.

EDIT: Seriously, I have to agree with Ateh on this.

Edited by peino

I realize we are only talking about a minority of PKers here, but they are often the ones who sing the praises of NDD and complain that PK is dying or screwed up. Remember, the thread starts out by encouraging people to use the new caps to go PKing, and some people immediately started talking about NDD again. So, fine, I'm just stating my response to that. Personally -- and I've said this in the past, too -- I don't avoid PK because I'm afraid of losing equipment. If I liked PK, I'd do it without NDD, and if invasions include monsters I can fight or use tactics to help fight, I'll do them without NDD too.

Thankyou :icon13: . this thread seemed like it was turning into another " all pkers are ebul"

and yes Ateh is right in a way, one of the few problems is peoples attitudes but its not the whole issue.

As Zamirah said .one of the main benifits of NDD on pk is that it makes it accesible to all players..people can try it out without having to worry about losing 16k for a rost.

I wander round pk maps during the week and if I die. its not biggy I just buy another rost, but not all players can do that, and we want to encourage new players to try it not hinder them with making it out of there wallets reach and NDD helps in that

The problem is SD, with the cap in place u need to be 130+ a/d (bit of an estimate) or attacking giants is like throwing yourself off a cliff.

hows about some creatures that more people can actually kill...

Cockatrice, Yeti and M.chim mix perhaps?

Yes, not only 130+ a/d, you need good astro too.

I'm just further iterating your point Conavar; it's not just people <100 a/d that have no hope against giants, it's even people <130 a/d.

That's not my misconception. There also seems to be a misconception that every invasion fighter would find cockatrice and chims manageable. Those are waaaay out of my league, let alone giants, but I try to help in some way, just because invasions are something I like to do.
No, that's not my misconception either.

I'm simply saying that there are MANY more players in EL capable of taking out yeti/m.chims/trice than there are giants.

Hundreds VS a handful.

I have no doubt at all in my mind that the Idaloran invasion would get a much better response from players if the monster was not Giants.

I'm not saying to make it overly easy... drop in ~50 Giants and 1k+ yeti/trice/chims... I'd expect to die many times against that kind of force, but at least i'd make some amount of headway for each death... maybe take out a couple of the monsters.

There's a lot more people in-game around my strength than there is around the strength of the likes of Zamirah.

EDIT: Seems i had to do 2 posts... forums dont like that many quotes in one post?

Edited by Korrode

First of all why dont those who want more PK action sign thier name to a '' Make me PKable '' list, and then once or twice a week on a random day you become PKable for 6 hours ?

Or would that interfere with things too much ? :)

Yes.

I mean, how about as well as capping everyones attributes , and having regular NDD ,
These additions have been great. Why would we want to stop making great additions and changes now?

and adjusting monster attributes, and putting more spawns in , and making magic more important in PK and ... and ... and ..
Those additions will help too. Why not do them?

Is anyone else coming to the conclusion that the problem isnt with PK, or EL, or the economy, or burnt toast but that the problem lies with the people playing the f' game :icon13:
No.

You're a professor of EL PK? With your PK score? You dont hear me making bold statements about the economy, or how to make mixing skills better... i wouldn't have the audacity.

I mean, how many more ways can the game be changed to suit PK before it becomes completely absurd and ''shocking horror'' you have to choose which class you want to be before you even start ?
You're going overboard.

As many more changes that will positively affect PK without negatively affecting the rest of the game is great.

I will have been playing this game for 2 years this coming easter, not epic like some people, but long enough to have heard '' pk is dead '' so many times i'm sick of hearing it lol
Me too, hence me posting this thread, to get people talking about why that is... not bagging out PK and PK'ers in general.

Of course it's dead because you all believe it is, if you posted on channel 6 that you were stood in the middle of KF with 10 COL in your inventory and no rostogol :o PK would come back to life quicker than Freddie Kruger on speed
kk where can i meet up with you for the 10 CoLs?

You say it so blazay, like 10 CoL's is nothing... we need ways of livening up PK that are realistic... not ridiculous suggestions like "stand in KF with 10 CoLs and no rost".

:P

Edited by Korrode

i thogught that it will be how helm,when u will be have it on you and u will be fight with onther person,he will be have coo/phys for you 48 :icon13:

i was bad,i have resotre just ~90 now and toom harmin ~100+ :'(

Thing is, when the attributes cap was suggested, I voted yes for it, not because it would make my life easier in PK , or give me a chance of PKing , because as you managed to guess by checking my PK score of 0, i dont PK

The reason I voted yes for the attributes cap is that I saw a possible remedy to the problem of the lack of PK, so I voted yes for it, for the greater good so to speak.

You dont have to be a Professor of PK to want to make it better for people Korrode :hug:

Dude ! You wouldnt actually stand there with 10 COL and no rosto LOL

I mean, who would ever think that you might actually ever get a drop from someone in PK ? Thats just ridiculous isnt it, I mean, Rostogols guarentee you dont get anything other than some broken armor and PK points :icon13:

And who would dare risk walking into PK and actually having the chance to loose an item , thinking about it, who would want to walk into PK knowing your about to break 250kgc worth of equipment for the sake of a PK point ?

COme to think of it, who would bother PKing at all ? Come to think of it , why am I even mentioning the reasons people wont PK ?

Thing is, when the attributes cap was suggested, I voted yes for it, not because it would make my life easier in PK , or give me a chance of PKing , because as you managed to guess by checking my PK score of 0, i dont PK

The reason I voted yes for the attributes cap is that I saw a possible remedy to the problem of the lack of PK, so I voted yes for it, for the greater good so to speak.

thnx

You dont have to be a Professor of PK to want to make it better for people Korrode :hug:
No, but you do have to at least have some amount of experience in PK to make a deduction such as:
the problem lies with the people playing the f' game

Dude ! You wouldnt actually stand there with 10 COL and no rosto LOL
Not 10 CoL's that i had to work hard for, no.

But if someone else is happy to donate 10 for a PK stunt, sure i would :)

I mean, who would ever think that you might actually ever get a drop from someone in PK ? Thats just ridiculous isnt it, I mean, Rostogols guarentee you dont get anything other than some broken armor and PK points :hug:
The PK points and the sport, the victory... is enough for me, and i know its enough for many others.

And who would dare risk walking into PK and actually having the chance to loose an item , thinking about it, who would want to walk into PK knowing your about to break 250kgc worth of equipment for the sake of a PK point ?

COme to think of it, who would bother PKing at all ?

Well, i'm unsure at this point if you've moved in to sarcasm or what... but i go in PK often on non-NDD's... and heaps on NDD's.

Just gotta figure out why other people don't and give them as much incentive to as possible

Come to think of it , why am I even mentioning the reasons people wont PK ?
:icon13: Edited by Korrode

maybe because they are totally bs?

and maybe you like that lol? :icon13:

Anyways.. i basically refused to post here because its yet just another topic that has been brought up so

many times.

I can only speak for myself.. so here we go..

I am actually basically roaming pk maps every day, sadly fighting mostly people that are far over my lvls

(note i dont see that as a problem, the competition is fun and i fight em), it just gets frustrating of course

after a while not meeting anyone that would be an actually doable competition when im alone. So i mix/train

all day and only come to pk on NDD because i know i will meet ppl i can actually pk too after a good fight and that im not alone all the time. (before you say something, i barely have the chance to ask anyone coming to pk with me)

While we at the NDD, i personally parcipated the first couple NDD Invasions, then pked a bit, i split the fun

if you want to say it that way. Now after the cap i of course wanted to try it out and didnt went to any

invasion anymore. And now that i really love the cap (i voted no in the poll.. but allready apologized for my

prejudice towards the cap) i rather go pking than parcipating the NDD Invasions.

Another prob for me is normally i dont have much time to spend on NDD so i rather join the fun at pk than

making my way out of underworld every 5 mins with fighting giants at cemetary or w/e they are.

I just dont see the motivation myself there, i wouldnt mind if i would actually see an ongoing while fighting

giants (or better beeing cannon fodder), anyways before yall complainers here cry me a river i will parcipate

next invasion..

I love the PK NDD but i was able to live without them before so i guess it wouldnt be a problem at all not

having em. they are a nice lil extra that livened up pk a bit every week.

Ok.. i dont think i have any more to say right now... this was just from my point of view.

This particular invasion you only had half of the giants of the previous invasion, and very few dragons. This was done to both accomodate for the caps and for the people wanting to PK as well.

And you know what? In 5 hours only 100 giants were killed. If all the PKers would have dedicated one hour to clear the invasion (which would have been doable), then they clould have spent 4 hours PKing. Plus, there was a NDD the previous day as well.

So what I was 'asking' was for them to spend maybe 2 hours PvEing with the giants, in return for 10+ hours of NDD, of which at least 8 could be used for PvPing. Not a bad trade off, yes?

So what I was 'asking' was for them to spend maybe 2 hours PvEing with the giants, in return for 10+ hours of NDD, of which at least 8 could be used for PvPing. Not a bad trade off, yes?

Bad trade off ? well not to me it isnt but I can only answer for myself, but thinking every pker/fighter is going to go to every invasion isnt going to happen.( wether they are NDD invasions or normal ones)

Some weeks I do both and I will totally hold my hands up and say that this week I didnt go to the Ida invasion. I just wanted a break from them ( and getting stepped on by giants :icon13: ) and if that makes me a bad ebul noob pker , well people are entitled to there opinion

Edited by conavar

I dont mean to beat a dead horse but seeing as PK is player Vs player saying the problem lies with the people playing the game is a pretty easy conclusion to come to to be fair

And youve hit the nail on the head Korrode, people obviously need a greater incentive than is offered at present to wander into a PK map.

But lets think about what those incentives are at the moment ? Pk points is obvious, but to be honest, not beneficial in any way other than competitive ( im better than j00 , kind of thing )

Incentives , as it stands at the moment as far as i can see the only incentive is one of , as you said, the victory and feel of winning.

Looking at how aparently NDD offers people the chance to test the PK waters, and according to popular consensus, more people go Pking when there a NDD , isnt that telling us something ?

People arent prepared to loose thier items, theyre not prepared to give a drop when they die. Is it because items are hard to replace ? Maybe ? maybe not .... maybe its up to the 4-5 people who say they still wander around looking for PK to rally the troops and organise some PK events ( much like the ones you already organise Korrode )

Theyre obviously popular, do more of them :icon13:

*edit* removed myself saying i was asking a question, when i didnt .....

Edited by Ateh

Well, how about PKing for the sake of PKing? When you watch TV, or listen to a CD, do you get anything from it other than enjoyment?

When you play a game of chess, do you get something more than when you PK someone?

As for losing the items, that's bullshit. Rostogol stones are affordable, and many times you don't even need them if you diss and tele. In fact, most of the PK fights do not lead to death, unless it's a pr0 versus a n00b.

Well, how about PKing for the sake of PKing? When you watch TV, or listen to a CD, do you get anything from it other than enjoyment?

When you play a game of chess, do you get something more than when you PK someone?

As for losing the items, that's bullshit. Rostogol stones are affordable, and many times you don't even need them if you diss and tele. In fact, most of the PK fights do not lead to death, unless it's a pr0 versus a n00b.

Thats is true but not enough people see it like that.I dont pk for items ( very rarely you get a drop unless its from a new player and I normally return those bags anyway), to me pk is about testing my char against other chars of roughly the same level or against a few lower levels all at once or teaming up to fight an uber pker.It should be about FUN but a lot of players dont see that and take it to serious..

In fact, most of the PK fights do not lead to death

Unless its Toomass and his "sword of cool con down" :icon13: but thats my fault for staying and fighting a hopeless fight instead of diss/tele straight away.. but no complaints its all fun

Edited by conavar

can i have an amen from you all please lol. this is exactly what im talking about.

This particular invasion you only had half of the giants of the previous invasion, and very few dragons. This was done to both accomodate for the caps and for the people wanting to PK as well.

And you know what? In 5 hours only 100 giants were killed. If all the PKers would have dedicated one hour to clear the invasion (which would have been doable), then they clould have spent 4 hours PKing. Plus, there was a NDD the previous day as well.

That's what I've been saying, from the man himself. :D

Yeah, sure, not everybody likes PvE. I'm sure there are people who dislike it as much as I dislike PK. And yeah, there's such a thing as invasion fatigue. I had the flu this past week, so I skipped half the invasion because I was too tired. So, fine, not every single PKer will join in every time, but still, the point is regular scheduled NDDs are earned, so at least that needs to be understood by those few people who seem to think NDD should just be a free feature of PK.

Even if they don't want to PvE, they could be kind enough to stop acting like PK is the only thing that matters in EL.

That's how I play EL. If you were to cancel NDD forever, I'd still risk my gear on mobs a little above my level. Hey, it's only pictures of money, after all. :D I keep saying I don't like PK, but that's not because I have anything against it. It's just not my way. I took that Bartle Test of player types, and I scored 100% Explorer, some middling amount of Achiever and Socializer (equal numbers on that) and only 6.67% Killer. That's a pretty accurate breakdown -- I just don't get a rush from the PK. On the other hand, I like a nice, quiet PvP with some friends, kind of like an hour of tennis, if you will. I don't care about points, winning, losing, dieing, losing equipment -- I just care about getting some exp and having some relaxing sport. If we want to do it bare, with just boxing, that's fine. If we want to test out equipment match-ups, that's great too, even if I risk losing my stuff (I've never used a rosto). If someone dies, they'll get their stuff back. If it breaks, oh well, that's life. If people wouldn't take PK so seriously, and if certain individuals who will remain nameless would respect other people's PvP in arenas, I would do it more and lose more stuff, to the benefit of the economy.