Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

Go PK!

Well, the attribute cap has been in for days, and i've been making sure i wander through KF and by the arenas at least a couple of times a day (as i have been doing for months anyways)... and i gotta ask; WTF?! Why is there still almost no one in PK?!

People, u do realise the yeti trainers no longer do massive damage hits!? I've fought 3 people who were 100+ coord before... i lasted a lot longer in combat with them than ever before, with a few people ganging them with rapiers they could even be killed.

Round up your buddies and hit up some PK maps!

PK will be a lot more fun now, but we'll never know if no one ever goes...

Go PK!

Well, the attribute cap has been in for days, and i've been making sure i wander through KF and by the arenas at least a couple of times a day (as i have been doing for months anyways)... and i gotta ask; WTF?! Why is there still almost no one in PK?!

People, u do realise the yeti trainers no longer do massive damage hits!? I've fought 3 people who were 100+ coord before... i lasted a lot longer in combat with them than ever before, with a few people ganging them with rapiers they could even be killed.

Round up your buddies and hit up some PK maps!

PK will be a lot more fun now, but we'll never know if no one ever goes...

Go PK!

that is so true... for a few hours earlier the only people I saw in kf was Tommyknocker and merc harvers, I dont know what is stopping more people going into pk now the cap is implemented.. is the cost of dying ( 16k rost) to much ? I havent a clue

1) Cost of Rosto?

2) Broders?

3) cost of new armor?

My guess is people take this game way to serious. and never want to die. Even on ndd people stand outside the arena....

I guess they have the fear of death, to bad this is just a game...

1. RL - it's christmas, some people are busy RL - our familys are more important than a game.

2. Still have not spent the returned pp. Want to be sure to spend them in a good way.

3. Still testing how magic work now - how early I need restore.

im busy doing other stuff.. im was in kf once, twas empty, so i went out again and mixed some more,

easy as that. first day of cap kf was pretty crowded.

i did spend my pps allready but like zami im rather trying out this new system first rather than

jumping into the cold water.. so have fun there.

The first day with the caps there was quite a lot of PK activity.

Today we also started the PK server, and we had 60+ players online, so this might be a factor too (along with the holidays).

i wonder why you all think there will be PK lol.

if people get ~80 pps from there coord back and put them in reasoning/instinct it will work like coord for them, so fighting 140 a/d and 96 coord still will seperate pk into weak vs strong since most people are able to do yetis/giants then again.

EDIT: if you want PK, go to the pk server, i doubt there will be any pk here anytime soon.

would be a gift from heaven if im wrong tho.

Edited by Tempest

Did you get 88 pps back? yeah, me too :)

actually i got 91 back.

anyway whats ur point ? there are some people out there who had 120 coord or more, more than a few, so what are u trying to tell me?

EDIT: if u didnt understand me, my point is that there will ALWAYS be some people here who are "uber strong" compared to others, so i THINK there will be no pk here.

Edited by Tempest

if people get ~80 pps from there coord back and put them in reasoning/instinct it will work like coord for them,

Erm, except for the fact they'll all have half the Might they used to.

Yeah we'll still get hit every time, and wont block any hits, but those hits we take will do way less damage... I know this is the case, because as i said, i've already fought yeti trainers since the cap was implemented... it's not my opinion, it's fact.

EDIT: if u didnt understand me, my point is that there will ALWAYS be some people here who are "uber strong" compared to others, so i THINK there will be no pk here.
Depends on your definition of "uber", i dont expect to be able to take a yeti trainer single handedly, but i do expect 5 of us to have a chance... so long as the right strategy is used.

For people saying they're unsure where to put their pp's, and thats why they're not in PK yet... well... to me it was just math, I knew where i was putting my pp's the second i had all the relevant info (cap limit, restore calc).

Hope u can all figure it out soon and get out there :D

For people saying they're unsure where to put their pp's, and thats why they're not in PK yet... well... to me it was just math, I knew where i was putting my pp's the second i had all the relevant info (cap limit, restore calc).

Hope u can all figure it out soon and get out there :hiya:

For people like you , who only lost coord is it not a problem,

Take reasoning untill you restore is ok and put the rest in instinct.

I lost some phys too, which mean I lost hp and thoughness.

I need to find out if I will live with less hp or take some will.

Can I have less thoughness or do I need to take more vit - will give me a high mana level so maybe I can live with less hp. (can restore more often)

I use remote heal for training, how much do I want to heal ?

It's not just math, I found out that when I heal as I like (to full hp from 90 hp) do I remote heal much better than before.

I would have thought less.

Or could I remove some vit, get less thoughness and use the pp for instinct.

I would get hit harder but not so often.

Then I read this thread http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39261

where it say we need 20+ PPs for reaction and perception if you do plan to use arrows.

What I may want, maybe not.

With my OA will it take months to get to next OA and 4 OA = pp will take most of a year.

So I¨m still thinking.

And I have a lot to think of in RL. :D

Edited by Zamirah

if people get ~80 pps from there coord back and put them in reasoning/instinct it will work like coord for them,

Erm, except for the fact they'll all have half the Might they used to.

Yeah we'll still get hit every time, and wont block any hits, but those hits we take will do way less damage... I know this is the case, because as i said, i've already fought yeti trainers since the cap was implemented... it's not my opinion, it's fact.

Depends on your definition of "uber", i dont expect to be able to take a yeti trainer single handedly, but i do expect 5 of us to have a chance... so long as the right strategy is used.

sure sure, people will hit for less damage, but im not talking about if we have a chance, its more like people dont even wanna try to pk if they know they dont have a chance 1on1. :D

its just like this, most people dont see a reason to go to PK if the only thing they can do is waisting pots/ess/rostos/armor. i dont know why i actually still PK, prolly cause thats the only thing thats fun for me and i dont care bout wasting stuff, unlike many others ( not all ).

EDIT: anyway i dont know where PK is, im luring in KF/TD sometimes so if i ever find something/someone i can post here lol

Edited by Tempest

Why? Why would i go into pk maps and get killed by 3-4 or even 5 ppl ? its no fun, sorry and it will nvr be fun too.

Sure its NDD and i go there just to get kicked out even faster then i went in. Stats ? OK i only have 20/32 pc. i can stand some hits cause of the 16 vit. i am a/d 78/83, but does that matter ? No, sorry to say but only to go into kf just to restore till mana runs out is no fun. and i cant imagine its fun for anybody.

OK there might be some fun if your a strong fighter and get ganged but for me fighting is only fun if it lasts a while, not when you fight someone and every one is jumping on you, or is PK about spoiling any fun and kill asap with as less chance to get a single hit?

as soon as any one can explain to me what makes pk fun, Well i might even wast some rosto's on it. but for the time being I'll stick to mixing and making armour and stuff.

Why? Why would i go into pk maps and get killed by 3-4 or even 5 ppl ? its no fun, sorry and it will nvr be fun too.

Sure its NDD and i go there just to get kicked out even faster then i went in. Stats ? OK i only have 20/32 pc. i can stand some hits cause of the 16 vit. i am a/d 78/83, but does that matter ? No, sorry to say but only to go into kf just to restore till mana runs out is no fun. and i cant imagine its fun for anybody.

OK there might be some fun if your a strong fighter and get ganged but for me fighting is only fun if it lasts a while, not when you fight someone and every one is jumping on you, or is PK about spoiling any fun and kill asap with as less chance to get a single hit?

as soon as any one can explain to me what makes pk fun, Well i might even wast some rosto's on it. but for the time being I'll stick to mixing and making armour and stuff.

Ok not trying to be mean but what is your problem? you play a game and ur worried about losing ur precious armor? Pk is what makes games if you havent noticed on major games people dont pay just to make armor 99% of them pay to fight so they could be best. That involves fighting not being the best at being lazy and pushing the mix button.

Btw if you look at ur siggy its quite amusing maybe you should go there because thats what ur doing :blush:

That involves fighting not being the best at being lazy and pushing the mix button.

*bursts out laughing* :)

Oh dear... mixing? lazy? If thats what you think you haven't a clue. And I've heard plenty of good arguments that a/d is the easiest skills to level.

I do understand that pk is an important part of the game, and is why all us mixers have someone to mix for, but don't go calling us lazy :blush:

LOL guys!!! I have no idea about what you are talking about... IMO Caps are way too fun now. I was able to fight almost everyone in last NDD. Even i pwnt ulubatli :blush: so whats the point here? It seems more fair atm coz a full-neg-n00b could kill me easily before caps. Now because of i trained more than him/her, i can kill him/her... Its not fair? :) PK is fun now at least i dont get 90's damage :P

Well I dont agree with you TempesT... There will be more PK after caps... Just let people to get rid of these new year/christmas rushes... ;)

And mixers... Plz dont call them lazies coz mixing is damn really hard!!! :)

OK there might be some fun if your a strong fighter and get ganged but for me fighting is only fun if it lasts a while, not when you fight someone and every one is jumping on you,

When ever you enter a pk map there is always the chance of being attacked by a group of players, so maybe if you dont like that chance then stick to the arena's ( which are non-multi) but then you have the problem of people trying to catch your diss :blush: .

Unless its a FF then on multi-combat maps you are always going to get Guildies/allies helping each other,if they didnt then wouldnt be no point having allies/guildees.

Yes sometimes it sucks to get attacked by a group but noone ever said PK was about playing fair, but trust me the feeling is great the first time you are attacked by a group and manage to kill/make them diss and makes all the times you died worth the effort.

IMO pk is what you make it, if people dont like losing then pk is not for them, because it doesnt matter who you are or how strong your char is you will die or have to flee sometimes. Yes it is nice to win but to me its more about the taking part, testing my char against other players and having a bit of friendly banter with others players wether you kill them or they kill you.

note: pk the last two NDD has been great, lots of players I have never seen on pk before trying it out and NC arena was mad, bodys all over the place, last time I saw carnage like that was at the new year sales :)

note: pk the last two NDD has been great, lots of players I have never seen on pk before trying it out and NC arena was mad, bodys all over the place, last time I saw carnage like that was at the new year sales :blush:

Good you liked it, I guess it will be the last of the weekend NDD days.

With most of the strong people go PKing and only few trying to kill the giants.

The giants could have been killed in a few hours if all had helped, and we could all have been PKing the rest of the day.

I'm not going to the invasions again to get another NDD day, waste of time.

Go go pk server

Do they have NDD ? :P

People will go back to main server as soon as there will be some - few - very strong on pk server.

People who can spend all their time levelling a/d.

And buy rostos in shop.

With most of the strong people go PKing and only few trying to kill the giants.

Zamirah is spot on.

The people capable of killing giants spent most of their time in NCa and KF...

Had u all just spent a little time in Ida, all u (ex-?)yeti trainers could've had another NDD and continued killing us nubs (instead of each other), but no...

If you were fighting the giants Zamirah, then tyvm for trying to keep the NDD's rolling :P

I hope the rest of u who are capable of killing giants with some degree of ease will consider actually going and doing it next weekend so we can continue having NDD's.

Well said, Zamirah. Although invasions are usually quite entertaining (mass skeleton murder, or genocide of the armed goblins) the Idaloran invasion last night was utterly boring. I spent the first half of the day wandering around DP arena/running into and back out of TD quickly. Easily lots of players with high A/D/P/C who would've been able to team a Giant or two before hitting the Underworld.

(I'm not going to comment on the TD folks -- They REALLY have high A/D :P )

It was just the same thing over and over; Wait for a small group to attack giant, poison giant repeatedly taking off around 5HP per turn, get killed by other giant, escape underworld. Rinse and repeat until day ends/radu calls off invasion.

Although it would've been really fun if we had some high level players there, without them us n44bs just got slaughtered.

Big thanks to you Moebird/Nathan/Angel and the few others (one more I cannot recall) who could actually come away from three giant hits not dead.

Must. Train. More. :P